Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Predict your team's 2009 season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predict the following team's record in 2009:
Ashland
Russell
Boyd Co.
Fairview
Greenup Co.
Raceland
Lawrence Co.
East Carter
West Carter
Sheldon Clark
Paintsville
Johnson Central
abnerdday Wrote:Predict the following team's record in 2009:
Ashland
Russell
Boyd Co.
Fairview
Greenup Co.
Raceland
Lawrence Co.
East Carter
West Carter
Sheldon Clark
Paintsville
Johnson Central

this is gonna be tough because alot of teams schedules have some openings in them.
in no particular order i think SC's schedule next year is

Breathitt
Fairland
Johnson Central
Prestonsburg
Lawrence County
Tug Valley
Pikeville
Belfry
East Ridge
Pike Central
i say at least 3 regular season loses..
BatCat11 Wrote:in no particular order i think SC's schedule next year is

Breathitt
Fairland
Johnson Central
Prestonsburg
Lawrence County
Tug Valley
Pikeville
Belfry
East Ridge
Pike Central

Aren't you forgetting someone? I'll give you a hint: you missed a district team...

And they aren't playing Pikeville from what I've heard.

Belfry's schedule is still on the down low, and isn't even close to final from what I've heard.
Maggoffin County moved to another district. So this schedule is right
abnerdday Wrote:Predict the following team's record in 2009:
Ashland
Russell
Boyd Co.
Fairview
Greenup Co.
Raceland
Lawrence Co.
East Carter
West Carter
Sheldon Clark
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Ashland 8-2
Russell 7-3
Boyd County 5-5
Fairview 5-5
Greenup County 3-7
Raceland 7-3
Lawrence County 3-7
East Carter 4-6
West Carter 3-7
Sheldon Clark 6-4
Paintsville 5-5
Johnson Central 8-2
FBALL Wrote:Ashland 8-2
Russell 7-3
Boyd County 5-5
Fairview 5-5
Greenup County 3-7
Raceland 7-3
Lawrence County 3-7
East Carter 4-6
West Carter 3-7
Sheldon Clark 6-4
Paintsville 5-5
Johnson Central 8-2

Who are the four teams that will beat sheldon clark?
flash2 Wrote:Who are the four teams that will beat sheldon clark?

Belfry, JC, Breathitt, Prestonsburg.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Belfry, JC, Breathitt, Prestonsburg.

I see SC playing with 3 of the 4 teams on this list and they have a chance to meet up with breathitt again later on in the year.
flash2 Wrote:Who are the four teams that will beat sheldon clark?
Would you feel better if I said 5-5 or 4-6. Because that is possible. Fairland and even Lawrence County won't be sure fire wins.Wink
FBALL Wrote:Would you feel better if I said 5-5 or 4-6. Because that is possible. Fairland and even Lawrence County won't be sure fire wins.Wink

No but something that would make me feel better is if you gave sheldon clark the credit that they deserve...This past season was suppose to be a rebuilding season after losing dials and hensley but look what they done with the young players that had to play huge roles. They only graduate 7 or 8 seniors so the only way from here is up. It sounds to me like you need to face the fact that they are going to be contenders for the next couple seasons ahead..Plus most teams in the state would die to go 10-3..
flash2 Wrote:No but something that would make me feel better is if you gave sheldon clark the credit that they deserve...This past season was suppose to be a rebuilding season after losing dials and hensley but look what they done with the young players that had to play huge roles. They only graduate 7 or 8 seniors so the only way from here is up. It sounds to me like you need to face the fact that they are going to be contenders for the next couple seasons ahead..Plus most teams in the state would die to go 10-3..
10-3 was a very good season.

The only fact I have to face is that there are four teams on that schedule I don't think they will beat. Then they have two more games that will be close but they should win. I fail to see how I'm not giving them any credit that they deserve.

This thread asked for an opinion. I gave one. If you don't agree with it make your own predictions. Its just that simple.
FBALL Wrote:10-3 was a very good season.

The only fact I have to face is that there are four teams on that schedule I don't think they will beat. Then they have two more games that will be close but they should win. I fail to see how I'm not giving them any credit that they deserve.

This thread asked for an opinion. I gave one. If you don't agree with it make your own predictions. Its just that simple.

You do have a point about the prediction part, sorry about that.. But at the beginning of this season no one thought sheldon clark had a chance to win 8 games all season..Look what they did 10-3 and made it to the region championship.
flash2 Wrote:You do have a point about the prediction part, sorry about that.. But at the beginning of this season no one thought sheldon clark had a chance to win 8 games all season..Look what they did 10-3 and made it to the region championship.

No problem. The schedule is tougher next year though. 6-4 would still be a good regular season.

I predicted Russell at 7-3. That very easily could be 5-5 or even as good as 8-2. They pick up Ironton next season and the Tigers should be loaded. Ashland will be very good next year as well. I think both of those games are losses. Then they have Mason County who will bring back most of their team as the main rival in district. That game and Raceland will be toss ups.

I'm not trying to crack down on anyone with these predictions. Just trying to give an honest prediction of how I think next season could shake out.
I believe Belfry will be 9-1 in the regular season, losing to Johnson Central. They should win the Ashland game if it's at home, and I think we can beat Letcher. But we could easily be 7-3.