Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Belfry Football Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I know its way in the furture, but do they have a schedule in stone for next year? Besides trying to live for the LORD, this is the only thing that matters to me. Belfry football! I'm going to be so bored on Friday nights now down here in TN.....
cuppett777 Wrote:I know its way in the furture, but do they have a schedule in stone for next year? Besides trying to live for the LORD, this is the only thing that matters to me. Belfry football! I'm going to be so bored on Friday nights now down here in TN.....

All I know is you can get your butt back here and watch some Pirate baseball this year... The Jr. league team from last year will have 9 of the kids playing on the high school team. This is the team that made it to state!!!
I think I speak for everyone in Prestonsburg when I say I would love to see PBURG vs Belfry play again.
i hope they make it back, i like baseball,basketball,but football is my sport..i say after this next weekend you wont see me on here much until next year,lol
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I think I speak for everyone in Prestonsburg when I say I would love to see PBURG vs Belfry play again.

The P-burg/Belfry games were always good games. Crowds were always capacity and a great rivalry game IMO.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I think I speak for everyone in Prestonsburg when I say I would love to see PBURG vs Belfry play again.
Everyone but the coaching staff, why they dont want it to happen, who knows but they dont.
cause they prob wasnt having any competion, just like pikeville and sv
phs1986 Wrote:The P-burg/Belfry games were always good games. Crowds were always capacity and a great rivalry game IMO.

I know were you at the PBURG/Belfy regional final game at PBURG in 2001? I rank that as the 1st or 2nd largest crown I have ever seen at PHS.
cuppett777 Wrote:cause they prob wasnt having any competion, just like pikeville and sv

What are you talking about? The PHS/BHS game this season would have been a great game two power running offenses and two very strong defenses.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:What are you talking about? The PHS/BHS game this season would have been a great game two power running offenses and two very strong defenses.
Yeah but for whatever reason Pburg wouldn't sign a contract two years ago or sign one this year.
I'm pretty certain Belfry will be playing Letcher Central and Ashland. Then either Boyd County or Covington Holy Cross in the Pike County Bowl.
Then they still have Pikeville, Pike Central, East Ridge, Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Yeah but for whatever reason Pburg wouldn't sign a contract two years ago or sign one this year.
I'm pretty certain Belfry will be playing Letcher Central and Ashland. Then either Boyd County or Covington Holy Cross in the Pike County Bowl.
Then they still have Pikeville, Pike Central, East Ridge, Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central.

I don't know why we wouldn't sign one 2 years ago but this years reason was we already had Perry Central, Beechwood, Lawerence Co., Breathitt Co., and Paintsville. So IOM if its going to happen it will happen this upcoming one because Coach D has already signed one with Sheldon Clark so he has some ties with the district of old.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I don't know why we wouldn't sign one 2 years ago but this years reason was we already had Perry Central, Beechwood, Lawerence Co., Breathitt Co., and Paintsville. So IOM if its going to happen it will happen this upcoming one because Coach D has already signed one with Sheldon Clark so he has some ties with the district of old.
Nah Belfry contacted them before they had signed those other schools and they turned it down and sadly it wont happen this time neither because Belfry done asked and P'burg said no.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Nah Belfry contacted them before they had signed those other schools and they turned it down and sadly it wont happen this time neither because Belfry done asked and P'burg said no.

I hate to hear that this will be the last year before I graduate we will have a chance to play each other.Sad
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I hate to hear that this will be the last year before I graduate we will have a chance to play each other.Sad

Sounds like someone is afraid lol.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I hate to hear that this will be the last year before I graduate we will have a chance to play each other.Sad
Yeah I wished we would have played also. My last game was at Pburg and I think it was a great game and would benefit both teams. Plus the crowd would be large.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:What are you talking about? The PHS/BHS game this season would have been a great game two power running offenses and two very strong defenses.

have they been good games the last 6-7 times they played...no they havent thats what i am talking about..
BatCat11 Wrote:Sounds like someone is afraid lol.

What are you talking about?
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:What are you talking about?
No clue was just joking around. Do you play for pburg?
BatCat11 Wrote:Sounds like someone is afraid lol.

By the way how did SC do aginst Belfry this year?Confusedhh:
BatCat11 Wrote:No clue was just joking around. Do you play for pburg?

Nope.
they got beat bad both times
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:By the way how did SC do aginst Belfry this year?Confusedhh:

SC did fine.... they showed up at their place and at CAM to play Belfry... actually 2 times this year!!
phs1986 Wrote:SC did fine.... they showed up at their place and at CAM to play Belfry... actually 2 times this year!!

No they got it put on them twice this year and twice in '07 SC can't play with Belfry and they couldn't play with Prestonsburg when they were in the same district.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:No they got it put on them twice this year and twice in '07 SC can't play with Belfry and they couldn't play with Prestonsburg when they were in the same district.

Yes, Belfry beat Sheldon Clark twice. BUT, Sheldon Clark did play Belfry. I would like myself to know why P-burg and Belfry don't play anymore. What is the reasoning behind this? Did something happen to change feelings towards the game between the two? Does anyone who posts in here know?? LOLOL..... Wink
So does anybody know who all that Belfry does have scheduled next year? I am sure that the Pike Co Bowl is set isn't it?
I would love to see a Bell & Belfry for old time sake. Those used to be some slugfests
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:No they got it put on them twice this year and twice in '07 SC can't play with Belfry and they couldn't play with Prestonsburg when they were in the same district.

SC has alot of trouble with Belfry but pburg is not the same caliber team as Belfry. Pburg has been down for a few years. They have just been covering it up with a weak schedule. Thats why they don't want to play Belfry or JC. They would rather pad their schedule and win 8 games a year then play a schedule thats going to make them better. But their schedule did improve some this past year and hopefully they will schedule more than two competitve teams this next year.
What I agther about Belfry/Pburg is that Derrossett is still sore about when Chat Yates transferred to Pburg a few years back, he felt that someone associated with Belfry went out of their way to try to block that transfer

Then Belfry got David Jones and nothing was ever investigated.

Sounds to me like Derrossett just has some sour apples leftover and is letting that get in the way.
Belfry vs Letcher Central in the Pike Co Bowl would be a good match.
As for the schedule as of right now:
Non-District
Boyd County or Cov. Holy Cross (Pike County Bowl)
Pikeville
Ashland
Letcher Central
Johnson Central

District
Sheldon Clark
Pike Central
East Ridge

Looks like room left for two non-district games... I expect Belfry to pick-up one fairly easy game against a team comparable to what East Carter or Shelby Valley is... and probably one more difficult game.

Personally, the SV game didn't really bother me being on the schedule.. barring Belfry upgrading their other non-district games. SV is a short distance drive for the fans, a decent and improving team, a team who typically spreads the field which is beneficial for Belfry to play against, and Coach Saunders has carried himself with a lot of class. Additionally, if anyone is going to beenfit from getting a gate share from belfry's fans, I would prefer it to be a Pike County team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8