Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (21) Miami-73 Kentucky-67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really want to think Billy G is going to do the job, but I am having a hard time doing it. This team has talent. It just seems we don't use a lot of it. Liggins, Miller, and Harrellson (spelling?) should be in the game along with Meeks (needs to hold his trigger some) and Patterson most of the time. This is our best 5. Use Porter, Harris, Galloway, Stevenson (if he plays hard he could be one of the 5), and Stewart off of the bench. This is not a bad team. We have the guards, they are just freshmen. Use them. Hopefully they'll make me a true believer. I am pulling for them. I think they have it, they just need to put it on the floor.
I agree that those are our best 5. I still have confidence in Coach G, but I believe that the best 5 should be starting and playing more minutes.
guyfawkes Wrote:We just couldn't contend with Miami, they are a top 25 team after all (or were) and I was kinda surprised Miami didn't suspend that one guy for throwing a punch against Ohio State.
Punch? If that's a punch we all stomp when we walk.
MY confidence in BCG is weakening. FBALL you have no lost all credibility for saying Porter deserves to start every game. At some point, especially at this level talent overcomes effort. Liggins does play very hard. He makes Freshman mistakes but they are form being aggresive. Porter makes mistakes because he is timid and knows he is out of his league. He didnt get hurt playing hard, he got hurt because he got in Harris's way because he was standing around. Porter should never have played anywhere D1, yet you want him to start for the Cats, you must be a Tards fan. I like the kid too, he does give good effort, but effort doesn't overcome a substantial lack of talent and ability. He can't dribble, pass, shoot, defend, or rebound. The rest of the team has no respect for him. Whys hould be be playing? Because he tries hard? LOL I can go out there and try hard, doesn't mean I should be playing. Look at the difference in numbers and stats. Porter played 34 minutes last night against a joke of a team and still couldn't do anything. He needs to do all of Big Blue nation a favor and just quit.

With Harris healthy we need to start Liggins, Meeks, Harris, Harrelson, Patterson. Galloway in first, then Miller, Miller can start when he starts playing with some confidence and quits being a pansy out there. Stevenson does rebound well against teams that don't have anyone over 6'6"
Beetle01 Wrote:MY confidence in BCG is weakening. FBALL you have no lost all credibility for saying Porter deserves to start every game. At some point, especially at this level talent overcomes effort. Liggins does play very hard. He makes Freshman mistakes but they are form being aggresive. Porter makes mistakes because he is timid and knows he is out of his league. He didnt get hurt playing hard, he got hurt because he got in Harris's way because he was standing around. Porter should never have played anywhere D1, yet you want him to start for the Cats, you must be a Tards fan. I like the kid too, he does give good effort, but effort doesn't overcome a substantial lack of talent and ability. He can't dribble, pass, shoot, defend, or rebound. The rest of the team has no respect for him. Whys hould be be playing? Because he tries hard? LOL I can go out there and try hard, doesn't mean I should be playing. Look at the difference in numbers and stats. Porter played 34 minutes last night against a joke of a team and still couldn't do anything. He needs to do all of Big Blue nation a favor and just quit.

With Harris healthy we need to start Liggins, Meeks, Harris, Harrelson, Patterson. Galloway in first, then Miller, Miller can start when he starts playing with some confidence and quits being a pansy out there. Stevenson does rebound well against teams that don't have anyone over 6'6"

Liggins has great talent. No doubt about it. Porter doesn't by UK standards. No doubt about that either. But Its not like Porter is some unathletic slug that can't do anything. The kid is 100 times more athletic than you or me. He has a great attitude and most importantly he has the confidance of his coach. Liggins does have spurts where he looks great. Unfortunately he has spurts where you just wonder what the heck he is thinking as well. It got him pulled out of the game twice last night against MVS.

I disagree that Porter did nothing last night. He ran the team. He moved the ball, He got them in offensive sets. I for one don't believe that a point gaurd has to have great stats to have played a good game.

I never had much credibilety anyway so that doesn't really bother me. You didn't have to call me a Louisville fan. That was WAY below the belt.
Pages: 1 2