Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County Jams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What does everyone think bout the Powell County Jams League?
I think some pretty good ppl play in tht league cuz they dont like the high school Coach or they jus dont wanna play high school ball
youcantseeme85 Wrote:I think some pretty good ppl play in tht league cuz they dont like the high school Coach or they jus dont wanna play high school ball

Tru dat:Thumbs:
Some good players have came out of jams to go to the high school team for example AJ Jones who put up 6 points in less than 2 minutes last game and Conley who is the pirates leading scorer and rebounder
NoTime2Waste Wrote:Some good players have came out of jams to go to the high school team for example AJ Jones who put up 6 points in less than 2 minutes last game and Conley who is the pirates leading scorer and rebounder

I went to that game and he really did not do much to help the team. He missed to simple of shots for someone his sizes. Which he does not get enough playing time to get experience which is highly needed.
Chaos377 Wrote:I went to that game and he really did not do much to help the team. He missed to simple of shots for someone his sizes. Which he does not get enough playing time to get experience which is highly needed.

You are talking about AJ right, he is just nervous its his first year ever playing ball other than church league. Conley used to play then sat out a year for personal reasons
NoTime2Waste Wrote:You are talking about AJ right, he is just nervous its his first year ever playing ball other than church league. Conley used to play then sat out a year for personal reasons

I can think of a couple great players, who play jams. That quit the High School Team. These players should be the starts!!!
No one on here cares about the Jams League...it's not boys basketball, and dont count for anything. If you want to talk about Jams, talk about it during school or something.
Good4Three Wrote:No one on here cares about the Jams League...it's not boys basketball, and dont count for anything. If you want to talk about Jams, talk about it during school or something.

Wow man, if you didn't care then why did you take so much time out of your important life to tell us how much noone cares. I mean if your not interested in the thread its simple don't click on it. Geesh
Ky313 Wrote:Wow man, if you didn't care then why did you take so much time out of your important life to tell us how much noone cares. I mean if your not interested in the thread its simple don't click on it. Geesh

good point... but this also has to do with boys basketball if they cant tell some of powells high school players have been coming from this league
I've been reading through the basketball threads and I have seen that there is a JAMS league in powell county which some high school players have been coming from. So is the more hidden talent there or what?
Yoshi#3 Wrote:good point... but this also has to do with boys basketball if they cant tell some of powells high school players have been coming from this league

good point yoshi
Mario#1 Wrote:I've been reading through the basketball threads and I have seen that there is a JAMS league in powell county which some high school players have been coming from. So is the more hidden talent there or what?

Well what i can tell from the other threads conley came from this league and he has some great stats to start off the season... Is there someone else in this so called jams league that hasn't made their way to the high school team yet or just don't like something about the high school.:confused:
Ky313 Wrote:I can think of a couple great players, who play jams. That quit the High School Team. These players should be the starts!!!

So your saying they are players in this league that can compete with the high school team or there is talent there that is just as good if not better.
Good4Three Wrote:No one on here cares about the Jams League...it's not boys basketball, and dont count for anything. If you want to talk about Jams, talk about it during school or something.

If you could read and understand anything you read you would find out that some of the high school players have been in this league or came from it and some have stopped playing and went to this league... so the matter of the fact is that it does have to do with high school boys basketball :flame:
I heard that the boys that play Jams have no respect for the coaches. I haven't been to the games but I certainly hope this isn't true. I would hate to hear kids cussing out the pastors/coaches. These guys are working hard to provide a league for you all to play in and learn good lessons about life and basketball. :dontthink
TeamMom Wrote:I heard that the boys that play Jams have no respect for the coaches. I haven't been to the games but I certainly hope this isn't true. I would hate to hear kids cussing out the pastors/coaches. These guys are working hard to provide a league for you all to play in and learn good lessons about life and basketball. :dontthink

Yeah this maybe true but i think as a coach you have to demand the respect and not let anyone run over epically your team... the kids will learn to give respect or not play so its the coach's fault... you can not always blame the kids and thats what most people look to do... there is cussing and things like that anywhere you go that just shows immaturity and lack of respect so let them do what they want if they want to do that then let the coachs deal with it or they can leave
Chaos377 Wrote:Yeah this maybe true but i think as a coach you have to demand the respect and not let anyone run over epically your team... the kids will learn to give respect or not play so its the coach's fault... you can not always blame the kids and thats what most people look to do... there is cussing and things like that anywhere you go that just shows immaturity and lack of respect so let them do what they want if they want to do that then let the coachs deal with it or they can leave

Well, I agree with you there. It seems that this kind of behavior is just accepted too often nowadays. It's a shame, really. It's not OK to treat people like that, no matter who it is. The coaches in Powell are really not doing these kids any favors by letting them get away with it. Unfortunately, many of them are going to have to learn the hard way what happens when you treat other people that way. :ChairHit:
TeamMom Wrote:Well, I agree with you there. It seems that this kind of behavior is just accepted too often nowadays. It's a shame, really. It's not OK to treat people like that, no matter who it is. The coaches in Powell are really not doing these kids any favors by letting them get away with it. Unfortunately, many of them are going to have to learn the hard way what happens when you treat other people that way. :ChairHit:

yeah so its not the kids there its the coachs that need to step up
Chaos377 Wrote:Well what i can tell from the other threads conley came from this league and he has some great stats to start off the season... Is there someone else in this so called jams league that hasn't made their way to the high school team yet or just don't like something about the high school.:confused:

Its true that Conley did come from Jams. But before that he played high school basketball. He got playing time on varsity his freshman and sophmore year. He just took a year.
It cant all be the coaches fault, even though they need to do a better job. The kids are in high school and need to have a little more respect for their elders and their team members.
NoTime2Waste Wrote:It cant all be the coaches fault, even though they need to do a better job. The kids are in high school and need to have a little more respect for their elders and their team members.

There are people out there that needs to learn when not to do this.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Its true that Conley did come from Jams. But before that he played high school basketball. He got playing time on varsity his freshman and sophmore year. He just took a year.

Yeah conley already had some varsity time before he played Jams but nothing major maybe a minute or 2 a game. Some of the Jams players can play some ball and others are just their for fun and can barely dribble. Jams has some boys who could see a few varsity minutes but no one that I can see starting IMO. BUT I could be wrong I didnt see Conley putting up over 20+ points a game but he proved me wrong.
Chaos377 Wrote:So your saying they are players in this league that can compete with the high school team or there is talent there that is just as good if not better.

That is exactly what I am saying.
Ky313 Wrote:That is exactly what I am saying.

just who are these people cause i have never heard of this
NoTime2Waste Wrote:Yeah conley already had some varsity time before he played Jams but nothing major maybe a minute or 2 a game. Some of the Jams players can play some ball and others are just their for fun and can barely dribble. Jams has some boys who could see a few varsity minutes but no one that I can see starting IMO. BUT I could be wrong I didnt see Conley putting up over 20+ points a game but he proved me wrong.

yeah guess you never know cause if they are more players like him in there you saying they wouldnt start.
Me either chaos. are there anymore like this out there in the state of Kentucky?

yea rlly good post....this is a high school basketball sight theres no room for ur intramural crap taike it somewhere else ...if there was ne talent in this thing they would be playing for powell county
Could someone be kind enough to fill us in on Jams? What exactly is it,How many teams play in it? Info would be appreciated.
Jams is a league for high school students put on by a church. It is a positive environment where they do devotions in between games and are suppose to push every part of the league to be positive, however it has gotten out of hands from time to time. Most of the players are guys that are not good enough to make the high school team or are too lazy to be on the high school team. Every year those who are the most talented players in Jams make the excuse that they are not playing for the high school team because they don't like the coaches, but it comes down to them not wanting to put forth the effort in practice everyday.
Pages: 1 2 3