Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Lawrence Co. 12/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
any predictions???
i think LC will come out with the win on there home floor. 68-57
dawgs with the victory
Jc By 10
JC With An Easy Win
LC will come out with a big win!!
jc by at least 10
If Lawrence comes out to play at the beginning of the game with the same intensity and heart like they did against Paintsville mid-way through the third, and hit at least three-fourths of their free throws then this game will be at least a 15 point win for the DAWGS.
LC Class of 2010 Wrote:If Lawrence comes out to play at the beginning of the game with the same intensity and heart like they did against Paintsville mid-way through the third, and hit at least three-fourths of their free throws then this game will be at least a 15 point win for the DAWGS.

No disrespect but no way they beat JC by 15
Lc will win over Jc by 10 plus. Johnson C did not impress me much against South Floyd
I'm going with the Dawgs. If we come out on fire from the beginning, we should definitely take the W on our home court.
JC
Jchs
Jchs.

Good Luck.
BatCat11 Wrote:
No disrespect but no way they beat JC by 15

All LC has to do is communicate defensively, hit their free throws, and not leave JC wide open for 3 pointers. It doesn't look like their team can shoot with defenders up in them. (No disrespect to JC) If they do these 3 things then this will be a sure win.
LC by at least 5.
LC Class of 2010 Wrote:All LC has to do is communicate defensively, hit their free throws, and not leave JC wide open for 3 pointers. It doesn't look like their team can shoot with defenders up in them. (No disrespect to JC) If they do these 3 things then this will be a sure win.

JC also has two of the best big men in the 15th in Welch and Parker. Parker is averaging 21 ppg in his first two games.

How does Lawrence account for that size and athleticism?
Weezy5 Wrote:Lc will win over Jc by 10 plus. Johnson C did not impress me much against South Floyd

How much harder would they have had to beat down South Floyd to impress you? And they played that game without their best player in Welch, also.
Parker is an all right handed player, he is an average athlete, and isn't very physical. If he improves his range then he will be a better player, he stays block to block the entire game, their offense is designed around him and thats why he has averaged 21 the last 2 games. He hasn't played against much post defense from what I understand either. However, I give credit to Welch because he is a heck of an athlete who is very physical. South Floyd is a below average team, central had their way with them. It will be a good matchup against LC, but in the end with home court advantage and two district wins under their belt I am taking my DAWGS on this one.
LC Class of 2010 Wrote:Parker is an all right handed player, he is an average athlete, and isn't very physical. If he improves his range then he will be a better player, he stays block to block the entire game, their offense is designed around him and thats why he has averaged 21 the last 2 games. He hasn't played against much post defense from what I understand either. However, I give credit to Welch because he is a heck of an athlete who is very physical. South Floyd is a below average team, central had their way with them. It will be a good matchup against LC, but in the end with home court advantage and two district wins under their belt I am taking my DAWGS on this one.

Couldnt have said it any better than that strong words.
Diogenes Wrote:JC also has two of the best big men in the 15th in Welch and Parker. Parker is averaging 21 ppg in his first two games.

How does Lawrence account for that size and athleticism?

I agree Parker is a big boy, but he isn't willing to fight inside for position. He only stays on the blocks and turns right everytime when he catches the ball from what I seen in the South Floyd game.

Welch on the other hand is big, strong, and is willing to use his body to make plays in the post. A much better ahtlete than Parker dreamed of being.

I believe that LC's post can match with these two they will just have to execute and make plays on the defensive end.
Remember this, the numbers that JC threw up against SF was without Welch. He was gone on a football recruiting trip.
I know Welch wasnt there but South Floyd is a very weak team you cant forget that either
South Floyd had some good players, they didn't have very good guard play. Lawrence County is always a tough place to play so it should be a good game. JC's football players are still not in shape so that could have some affect on the game but still think that JC wins this one by 5 to 10.
Close game unil the 4th quarter...Central will pull away..I got JC by at least 10
im gonna go with lawrence county at home. i think the teams are pretty equally matched but lawrence county will have the advantage playing at home and get the W.
Honestly, I was not that impressed with Lawrence Co. when I seen them. And since I predicted pre-season that JC would win the district, I seen nothing from LC to change my mind. JC has started a little slow, but they should be able to win this one.
JC
Goose33 Wrote:I agree Parker is a big boy, but he isn't willing to fight inside for position. He only stays on the blocks and turns right everytime when he catches the ball from what I seen in the South Floyd game.

Welch on the other hand is big, strong, and is willing to use his body to make plays in the post. A much better ahtlete than Parker dreamed of being.

I believe that LC's post can match with these two they will just have to execute and make plays on the defensive end.

I believe that's 3 ppl who agree...anyone else wanna argue this case? :thatsfunn Let's make some noise in the DAWG POUND tonight LC fanatics!!
You know all that you are giving is lockerroom material for the JC team.
Pages: 1 2