Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 42 - Whitley 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
I said before they game we couldnt have any fumbles. We had 5; highlands recovered 4. This was the main difference in the game. Especially since we had the fumbles at VERY important times. Such as after we've
moved the ball all the way down the field and couldve got a touchdown.
But with that said;
Congrats to the colonels on a VERY impressive season. You've made history and everyone is so proud. Great season colonels!
And great job to all the fans for their support. Especially tonight. It was one of the most exciting games ive been too.
I said before they game we couldnt have any fumbles. We had 5; highlands recovered 4. This was the main difference in the game. Especially since we had the fumbles at VERY important times. Such as after we've
moved the ball all the way down the field and couldve got a touchdown.
But with that said;
Congrats to the colonels on a VERY impressive season. You've made history and everyone is so proud. Great season colonels!
And great job to all the fans for their support. Especially tonight. It was one of the most exciting games ive been too.
Congratulations to Whitley on a great season. It will take a little while but eventually the guys on that team will realize just what they have accomplished. Trust me, I know it sucks right now, but just be thankful for having the oppurtunity to do all that you've done. Just think, you guys were one of the last four teams in the entire state at your level to be playing tonight. That is something we should all applaud the Colonels for.

Hats off from this Letcher County Cougar
:notworthy :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Congrats Bluebirds!! Good luck in the Championship game!
Great season Whitley Co. Highlands has another shot at the title so good luck.
oh and congrats for making the longest spirit tunnel
in school history; end zone to end zone!
Dang thats a LONG tunnel. Congrats highlands, can you see a repeat?
The tunnel was a thing of beauty. Whitley county knows how to put on the spirit at a football game. Great atomosphere. The best. Similar to Highlands in that as a fan you are right on top of the field.
tradition Wrote:The tunnel was a thing of beauty. Whitley county knows how to put on the spirit at a football game. Great atomosphere. The best. Similar to Highlands in that as a fan you are right on top of the field.

What kind of crowd did HHS have at the game last night?
sstack Wrote:What kind of crowd did HHS have at the game last night?

Mostly parents and old farts like myself. The kids don't seem to have inherited the "road trip gene". (My two were at the mall and babysitting.)
tradition Wrote:The tunnel was a thing of beauty. Whitley county knows how to put on the spirit at a football game. Great atomosphere. The best. Similar to Highlands in that as a fan you are right on top of the field.

I agree. I loved playing there last year, of course we won so that probably had something to do with it tooSmile

I absolutely loved the atmosphere last night.
How did you all like the visitor stands?
Highlands continues its march to another title.
sports-fan08 Wrote:I absolutely loved the atmosphere last night.
How did you all like the visitor stands?

I never sat down. We just staked out a spot on the fence and enjoyed the game from there. Couldn't see when they were at the opposite end of the field, but we knew what was happening by the crowd reaction.
The scoreboard placement is a joke. They could use a smaller board on the pressbox or something.
We heard some in the crowd talking about a new stadium. Any truth to that rumor? Based on last night, I think moving it from the school property would be a mistake. That's a pretty nice atmosphere for a football game. It reminded me of the Conner field up in our neck of the woods.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I never sat down. We just staked out a spot on the fence and enjoyed the game from there. Couldn't see when they were at the opposite end of the field, but we knew what was happening by the crowd reaction.
The scoreboard placement is a joke. They could use a smaller board on the pressbox or something.
We heard some in the crowd talking about a new stadium. Any truth to that rumor? Based on last night, I think moving it from the school property would be a mistake. That's a pretty nice atmosphere for a football game. It reminded me of the Conner field up in our neck of the woods.

I agree about the scoreboard. But about the new stadium. If it was daylight you couldve saw a huge sign on the way to the school that says 'future home of wchs football stadium, soccer fields, & blahblahblah' they've been talking about building the new stadium for a couple of years now. The main reason is so they could build on to the school. And the new stadium was supposed to be much bigger and around august they started clearing the land where its supposed to be. But now they're rethinking it because of the location being away from school. It would be hard to transport all the equpiment out of the school and lockerroom everyday for practice. I personally dont think they should move it. I think its in a great position and we would have a lot less room for parking. But either way we're still getting two soccer fields! Haha.
highlands will win states