Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg Non-District Schedule '09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone herd anything on this? Herd a rumor that P-Burg wasn't playing Perry Central and Beechwood.
Perry Central, Breathitt County and Beechwood's 2-year contracts ended this season. Sheldon Clark replaced one of them, but the Blackcats do two openings on the '09 schedule.

I'd honestly like to see us add Belfry back to the schedule, not only would all the fans love to see it but it would be very beneficiary for the playoffs and have us ready for a team that plays the smashmouth style like Corbin. I also believe that Pburg will be able to compete with Belfry in a few season when Jamerson, Williams, Crisp, Collins, and a few others become upperclassman.
Breathitt will play Pburg next year.
C.Clair Wrote:Breathitt will play Pburg next year.

Has a new 2-year contract been signed or discussed?
Yeah, as far as I know.
We will most definately play Paintsville.
C.Clair Wrote:Breathitt will play Pburg next year.

Who are Breathitt's other non-district games for'09? I heard they will open with SC.
Pburg will be at a lost next year unless several and i mean several players step up. I look for a down year for Pburg the next couple of years. But i wish the best for our local teams.
I expect the Blackcats to pull off at least 8 or 9 games next year.
Blackcat #55 Wrote:We will most definately play Paintsville.

Just remember, you've beat Paintsville 3 times in a row. How long will it be before they refuse to play Prestonsburg?
Old School Wrote:Just remember, you've beat Paintsville 3 times in a row. How long will it be before they refuse to play Prestonsburg?

True but there is one thing they have beat us in basketball three years in a row so it kind equils out. lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Perry Central, Breathitt County and Beechwood's 2-year contracts ended this season. Sheldon Clark replaced one of them, but the Blackcats do two openings on the '09 schedule.

I'd honestly like to see us add Belfry back to the schedule, not only would all the fans love to see it but it would be very beneficiary for the playoffs and have us ready for a team that plays the smashmouth style like Corbin. I also believe that Pburg will be able to compete with Belfry in a few season when Jamerson, Williams, Crisp, Collins, and a few others become upperclassman.

i would have to disagree with you on this one,resaon beening the middle school and freshman/jv belfry won big.
cuppett777 Wrote:i would have to disagree with you on this one,resaon beening the middle school and freshman/jv belfry won big.

What ?
We only played them in a scrimmage the past two years in middle school.
Two years ago it was Belfry one score and P-burg zero with first team players.
This past season was Belfry 3 P-burg 1
Hardly winning big !!!
I have heard that Johnson Central has tired to get Prestonsburg to do home and away series. Anyone know the status of that?
Old School Wrote:Just remember, you've beat Paintsville 3 times in a row. How long will it be before they refuse to play Prestonsburg?

LOL..they'll pull an apple bowl on us...lol
MonsterMan Wrote:I have heard that Johnson Central has tired to get Prestonsburg to do home and away series. Anyone know the status of that?

It may happen cause there still I think 3 open games on our schedule.