Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sixth Grade Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are going to be holding a 6th grade tournament at McCreary County on Jan. 3. According to how many teams we get to determine if we will play Saturday and Sunday. We are looking for some tough teams from all around. There is three teams already signed up and we will stop at either 8 or 12 teams. For more info: Donnie Whitehead 606-310-9471 or 606-376-3488, [email]donnie355@yahoo.com[/email]. Bart Toth 606-310-3991 or 606-376-2079. There is NO ENTRY FEE all we need is a for sure yes, and I'll send you the info for the games via mail or email. You will get at least 3 games and maybe more if you would like.
We have five teams in so far:
Pine Knot
Jackson County
Williamsburg
Clinton County Blue
Clinton County White State Runner Up Last Year
We have added Robbins, Tennessee.
There is only one spot open for sure, the following teams have signed up:

Pine Knot
Jackson County
Williamsburg
Clinton County White
Clinton County Blue
Robbins, Tennessee
Southern

If any one is interested time is running out.
We will be having a 12 team tourny with these spots taken:

Pine Knot
Jackson County
Williamsburg
Clinton County White
Clinton County Blue
Robbins, Tennessee
Whitley East
Boston Elem.
Manchester
Southern

These 10 spots are now filled. Need two more
Wayne County is getting added, so we're down to one team left
Wayne County is the best 6th grade team in the state, hands down. They have beaten Lincoln, Meece, and Clinton. They are the best, period!
Which county is Southern in?
I know that Wayne County is the best in the state, that is why I want them there. This tournament should be one of the best tournys in the state this year. Southern is from Pulaski County.

Wayne County should be number one in state
Clinton County finished second last year and should be a contender again
Jackson County was tough last year, don't know about this year
Boston Elem. and Whitley East both are small but very good
Southern has great guard play
Manchester is a very physical team
Clinton blue is younger but don't know much more than that
Williamsburg is a little weaker, I think this year
Robbins I don't know anything about them
Pine Knot isn't bad when they can play team ball

So this should be a very good tourny
UUUUHHMM,
If we did not live that far away we would love to come down and play......I think we would give you a run for your money,,,,,,,,,,,,Just saying,,,, we are doing okay ourselves... It is the same boys as our 6th grade football team plus a couple of basketball only kids..... So if you think the football team was loaded, well the B-Ball team is just as good.... OH and no hold backs either, all of our kids were in 5th grade last year.. We lost 2 kids already to grades, If you dont make the grades you are OUT !!!!

Just saying, we would love to be able to come down and play....
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:UUUUHHMM,
If we did not live that far away we would love to come down and play......I think we would give you a run for your money,,,,,,,,,,,,Just saying,,,, we are doing okay ourselves... It is the same boys as our 6th grade football team plus a couple of basketball only kids..... So if you think the football team was loaded, well the B-Ball team is just as good.... OH and no hold backs either, all of our kids were in 5th grade last year.. We lost 2 kids already to grades, If you dont make the grades you are OUT !!!!

Just saying, we would love to be able to come down and play....

We would love to have you down, there is still one spot open. Wayne County beat Clinton earlier this year and Clinton County was second in state last year. I invited you earlier and the invitation is still open to you. Please come so can see this great showdown. Has for all the hold back talk I don't know if they have any, either way it would be great.
Jackson County doesn't have any hold backs from last year either. The entire team consists of fifth graders from last year. How are the brackets going to be set? Do you decide who plays each other or do you draw?
With 10 teams we will play 2 pool games in 2 pools and will be seeded be record first, heads up second, then point margin last. With the 10 teams the top two in each pool will be in different brackets and so on. With 12 teams I know we will have 4 pools with top 4 teams getting byes in first round and will be seeded according to the same as 10 teams. If you will send me your email I will seed you a copy when it gets closer. I'm kind of waiting to see if anyone drops out before I finish the pools and brackets.
If im not mistaken Lawrence countys 6th grade team is a pretty dominant force. They have beaten every 6th grade team they have played and lost to only two 7th grade teams. In my opinion they are one of the best 6th grade teams in eastern kentucky hands down.
DEVILOLOGIST, I know you say no holdbacks but what are the ages of your 6th graders? Are they all 11 or 12? Are any close to being 13?
We don't have anyone who is thirteen.
Weezy5 Wrote:If im not mistaken Lawrence countys 6th grade team is a pretty dominant force. They have beaten every 6th grade team they have played and lost to only two 7th grade teams. In my opinion they are one of the best 6th grade teams in eastern kentucky hands down.

My question is this and not being mean about it, but on here all you hear is compared to the east. Not compared to the state, Wayne County is unbeaten and they also beat Lincoln which to me would be either 2 or 3 in state, not east. Any team is welcomed until we get our numbers so please you can come as well.
No matter how many teams either 10 or 12 we will finish the tourny on Saturday. At worst we may have some closer teams come on Friday night and play a couple games, but this tourny will be finished on Saturday.
May need one more team Manchester isn't for sure about getting parents to drive, so if anyone else is interested please call or email, will close at 10.
Manchester is in so the field is set unless Russell wants in then I'll pick up them and one more to a 12 team field. Here are the teams and I'll keep everyone updated:
Pine Knot
Southern
Williamsburg
Manchester
Clinton White
Clinton Blue
Jackson County
Wayne County
Boston Elem
Whitley East

Hopefully Russell will be able to attend and see a great showdown between Wayne and Russell.
I am presenting this to our coach and hopefully he will be on here to read it. Thanks for the IM and the info..... I hope that we are able to make it... I am hopeing !!!!
One of the clinton county teams had to drop so that put us back to 9 so hopefully russell can come.
I just spoke with a guy and he said my problem with getting teams is the Wayne County team. He told me that no one wants to play them. If this is the problem I'm sorry we'll play the tourny with just 9 teams but I hope someone steps up and plays with us.
Just added another strong team: South Laruel
hauntedhill Wrote:We don't have anyone who is thirteen.

I need you're number or email so I can give you the times you play, I have lost you're number.
Russell I need to know something no later than Monday. I am sending out the schedule on Monday and once I'm done it is closed, unless someone drops.
I think South Laurel is undefeated. Should be a great tourney!
I expect this to be equal to the state tourny just because of the teams coming. I really wish I could get one of the strongest teams from the east to come, I have Manchester and Jackson County but I don't know where they would rank with the other east teams. I know a coach told me that Rose Hill was supposed to be the best from the east and Meece handed them a big loss in the state tourny very easy, so I just want to know where the east teams are.
UH we defeated Rose Hill 31-6, so if you are talking about 6th grade,, I am thinking you may be getting the wrong info.
Last year Rose Hill not this year
Pages: 1 2