Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Conkwright @ Powell Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking forward to this little battle. These 2 met at the Estill Co. Tourney a couple of weeks ago. Powell torched them then. Was it a fluke? I'm not sure. That's why I am looking forward to this one. Conkwright was supposed to clean the floor with Powell....McNabb was also. I think these teams are assuming Powell is the same Powell from last year. I don't know? From what I have seen, anyone who plays them needs to get ready for a scrappy bunch. That's all.......for now.
i think powell wins by 20+...with all the starters in double figures
Powell won ALL 3 games.6th;7th;and 8th grades.
likei said powell wins with no problem...they are tough but that new coach is showing a lot of good things with those boys.
The 6th grade was amazing. their best player Derrick Robinson scored almost half of the teams points
Congratz on the sweep Powell. Didn't get to make it to the 6th grade game. Heard the Pirates looked good. I got to see most of the 7th grade game. The Pirates were down for most of the game and showed great heart to claw their way back in it and win. The 8th grade game was Powells most of the game. It got close a couple of time but the Pirates were able to pull away in the end for a 7 pt win.
theonetheonly10 Wrote:The 6th grade was amazing. their best player Derrick Robinson scored almost half of the teams points

Jordan Woosley is the 6th grade teams best player.
You know Bobcat to be from "Breathitt" you sure do know a lot about Powell County for some odd reason?? Woosley is a good player but Derrick Robinson is the best player they have as in football too. How many 6th grade games have you been to? You should be worried about State Championships not little kids.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Jordan Woosley is the 6th grade teams best player.

I have to disagree my friend. Derrick Robinson is the best player in his grade level BY FAR. The best in baseball, football, and baseball. Woosley is good, but Derrick is better. He was the go to guy in football and he is the go to guy in basketball.
Mario#1 Wrote:You know Bobcat to be from "Breathitt" you sure do know a lot about Powell County for some odd reason?? Woosley is a good player but Derrick Robinson is the best player they have as in football too. How many 6th grade games have you been to? You should be worried about State Championships not little kids.

I've been to alot.I have friends and family there.I still say Woosley is better at Basketball.Robinson is better at football.We'll be ready for Friday.Central is going down.
Woosley is a good athlete but needs to slow down a little. He plays a little out of control. He just knows one speed....fast. There are times when you have to slow down a bit. Once he figures this out, he will do fine.