Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee Co 66 - Buckhorn 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lee couldn't put Buckhorn away due to 20+ turnovers on inbounds plays right under the 'horn's basket.

Pelfrey 25 pts, 12 boards. Charles 16 pts, 7 boards, 10 assists.

Andy Blank 22 pts. Dustin Caldwell had 16.

Lots of fouls - Wise fouled out in the 4th. Charles sat out half the second quarter. Pelfrey had 4.

Blank fouled out with a few seconds left. Caldwell fouled out in the 4th.

Lee's transfer, Pittman, played very well with 5 pts, 5 boards. First game on his new team and only a sophomore.
JYD is on a roll today! I've been dangerously close in all my predictions today! Anyway congrats LC! IMO if these two teams played ten times they would each win 5. Theres just not much difference in them.
Buckhorn had 4 of the five starters foul out. A couple of the freshmen had to sit with foul trouble early.
Sounds like a sloppy game for Lee. I thought they wouldve won by more then 6.
Lee is tough dont let this game fool everyone I've seen Charles play and he can take over a game when ever he wants.
how many did guss have?
Lee Co. 66 Buckhorn 60

Buckhorn 14 13 14 19 60

Lee Co. 13 17 17 19 66

Lee Co. (1-0) -- Charles 16, Pelfrey 25, Campbell 7, Childers 1, Wise 10, Pittman 5, Reece 2.
Buckhorn (0-1) -- Blank 22, Stidham 13, Couch 4, Colwell 16, Day 4, Gay 1.

I think that Buckhorn's players fouled out in the 4th while committing deliberate fouls to stop the clock. The most significant foul trouble was that Charles had to sit out half of the second quarter with foul problems.

I'm pretty sure that Buckhorn shot more free throws than Lee in spite of the deliberate fouls by Buckhorn in the 4th.

I'm also pretty sure that Lee gave up 20 points off of turnovers. Hard to win with that statistic unless you dominate in every other catagory. Just fumbles on inbounds plays caused by Buckhorn's trapping defense.
ARC Wrote:Lee Co. 66 Buckhorn 60

Buckhorn 14 13 14 19 60

Lee Co. 13 17 17 19 66

Lee Co. (1-0) -- Charles 16, Pelfrey 25, Campbell 7, Childers 1, Wise 10, Pittman 5, Reece 2.
Buckhorn (0-1) -- Blank 22, Stidham 13, Couch 4, Colwell 16, Day 4, Gay 1.

I think that Buckhorn's players fouled out in the 4th while committing deliberate fouls to stop the clock. The most significant foul trouble was that Charles had to sit out half of the second quarter with foul problems.

I'm pretty sure that Buckhorn shot more free throws than Lee in spite of the deliberate fouls by Buckhorn in the 4th.

I'm also pretty sure that Lee gave up 20 points off of turnovers. Hard to win with that statistic unless you dominate in every other catagory. Just fumbles on inbounds plays caused by Buckhorn's trapping defense.

Lee shot 31 to Buckhorn's 22 free throws. Both teams were pretty poor from the line. I would say neither shot much over 50%.

Overall, Charles played well, but Pelfrey really controlled the paint on both ends and was the difference in the game.
congrats to LC on the win. This one was a closer than what I was expecting for LC didnt think they would have as much trouble. I guess all the turnovers really hurt them
worker1 Wrote:Lee shot 31 to Buckhorn's 22 free throws. Both teams were pretty poor from the line. I would say neither shot much over 50%.

Overall, Charles played well, but Pelfrey really controlled the paint on both ends and was the difference in the game.

Lee was 16 for 28 freethrows. (58%) I still think that Buckhorn shot a few more than that.

Pelfrey is probably the most improved player in the region and in both pre-season scrimmages and this game he has played very very good. (Lee won all 3, Pelfrey averaging about 25 per game and 10+ rebounds per game)
Congrats Lee Co.
Buckhorn only shot 22 free throws and Lee Co. did not just turn it over on inbounds plays. They threw it away against Buckhorn's press. Charles needs some help if they plan on beating good pressing teams.
kryptonite Wrote:Buckhorn only shot 22 free throws and Lee Co. did not just turn it over on inbounds plays. They threw it away against Buckhorn's press. Charles needs some help if they plan on beating good pressing teams.

Is Buckhorn a 'good pressing team'?

Coach Noble had the Buckhorn doing a great job on the inbounds trap and Lee turned it over 7 or 8 times right under the 'horn's basket resulting in 10 or 12 quick points.

When coach Wright changed Lee's inbounds play late in the game, Buckhorn never readjusted and had to start fouling.

It looked like Charles penetrated and dished well but had problems when he went all the way inside. One early charge and one or two 'held balls' with Charles in the air (all questionable call/no-call IMO)

A good learning experience for Lee that should be easy to fix.
ARC Wrote:Is Buckhorn a 'good pressing team'?

Coach Noble had the Buckhorn doing a great job on the inbounds trap and Lee turned it over 7 or 8 times right under the 'horn's basket resulting in 10 or 12 quick points.

When coach Wright changed Lee's inbounds play late in the game, Buckhorn never readjusted and had to start fouling.

It looked like Charles penetrated and dished well but had problems when he went all the way inside. One early charge and one or two 'held balls' with Charles in the air (all questionable call/no-call IMO)

A good learning experience for Lee that should be easy to fix.

Buckhorn is a "young" pressing team. That is MY point.
I still think Lee is a top 5 team in the region and Buckhorn is closer to 10th. I think Coach Wright will have these boys competing with Hazard, PCC,KCC and LCC by years end.
kryptonite Wrote:I still think Lee is a top 5 team in the region and Buckhorn is closer to 10th. I think Coach Wright will have these boys competing with Hazard, PCC,KCC and LCC by years end.

And I think that Buckhorn will surprise a lot of teams. They are well coached and experience will only help them.

Breathitt is virtually an unknown factor until football is over. Powell has dropped to the bottom tier after the Menifee scrimmage fiasco. June Buchanan is another unknown until they prove themselves. So Buckhorn could be sitting at 7th or so and will improve by seasons end. Blank has proven that he is a player, and he does have some help in Colwell and the younger boys.
Congrats Lee. Thought it wouldnt even be close.
Ball handling and the lack of a true point will be Lee's biggest problems.