Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne vs. Millard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betsy Layne vs Millard in Rax Tournament - what do think the outcome will be?:bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball:
From what I am hearing BL has a STUD team...They are BIG and ATHLETIC and teams have a hard time matching up to them. We are a pretty big, and athletic team. So it should be interesting to see how we match up against a powerhouse team like BL. I can't wait to play them.
well im not much of a fan for betsy lane but i think they will take it
Bobcats Big.....
Good luck BOBCATS
Betsy Layne will take this one.
Heard from a friend bobcats won by 40. Millard, keep fighting.

CONGRATS BOBCATS
Also heard Betsy Layne won big. Congrats to the Bobcats, you guys are the real deal. Keep fighting Millard, play hard always. Never give up. Sometimes a loss is a reality check and makes you stronger and more prepared. One of the biggest problems in sports in general, kids hear the hype, read things on the internet, and get psyched out. They are intimidated by the name on the jersey not the players on the court.
Hang in there Mustangs......
Good game BOBCATS..
The Bobcats are the REAL DEAL. Hall showed more confidence tonight. Hamilton good game as well as Case. But #20 stole the show. Congrats Bobcats!!
Congratultions Bobcats! Good Game Guys! Hang in there Mustangs.
Betsy Layne 73 Miilard 27

Blake Spencer 16 Points, 3 Reb., 7 Steals

Dylan Hamilton 12 Points, 6 Reb., 7 Steals, 2 Blocks

Peyton Case 11 Points, 6 Steals, 1 Block, 1 Assist

Chase Hall 10 Points, 4 Reb., 10 Steals, 3 Assist, 1 Block

Seth Tackett 7 Points, 2 Reb., 2 Steal

Tyler Daniels 6 Points, 3 Reb., 3 Blocks, 1 Steal

Dustin Rogers 6 Points, 3 Reb., 4 Steals, 1 Assist

Dalton Maldonado 3 Points, 1 Reb., 3 Steals

Austin Burchett 3 Points, 2 Reb.

Bl Played Well, Millard Is A Much Better Team Than This Score Shows.
Congrats Bobcats
way to go bobcats great game #20 Blake Spencer:
Good game Betsy Layne. Millard can play better than what they showed last night, my boys stepped on the court intimidated, and thats the way they played the entire game. They played scared. But I told them in the locker room that this is a learning experience, and we get our heads back up and continue doing what we have been doing inside our county. Up until last night our boys have never backed down, played hard, rough, and tough against any team we have stepped on the court against, but the intensity wasn't there at all last night.

Betsy Layne has a SUPER team, they can go 8-9 maybe 10 deep and not lose much talent wise on the court. I don't think there is a team in East KY that will beat them. The Hamilton kid is a super player/floor general, he is true leader of that team, and he is a confident enough player to put the game on his shoulders and control it. Good Game Bobcats, and Congratulations on the huge win!!!!
Betsy Layne has it all for Floyd County
Millard has the potential and the talent to beat everyone in Pike County
they already have beat the #1 contender for Pike County in a close hard fought game
our Key players practicley gave up after the first half
and that completley messed the game up.
If the Starters could have kept their heads in the game we could have either got a big"W" or lost by 10 or less

Keep your heads up Mustangs we still have a long season.
Who did Millard beat in Pike County, I heard Virgie was the #1 team.
Off the top of my head I can think of...
dorton.
belfry.
elkhorn.
johns creek.
jenkins.
paintsville.

thats all that comes to my head.
but i don't think they have lost to any team but hazard once and dorton an hour later. Then they went to dorton a few weeks later and beat them...
Don't know who is officially #1 team, but I don't know if either of these teams have lost a district or conference game but do know they are scheduled to play a game this Friday night, can't help but expect a real tough game . Both teams are really hard playing teams. Hope to get to see this one!!! Good Luck to both the Eagles and the Mustangs!!!!
I am not sure about Virgie, but Millard is undefeated other than the Betsy Layne game. We beat Belfry in pre-season, but it was pre-season. I don't count that. But in regular season we have beaten Johns Creek, Paintsville, Phelps, Jenkins, Dorton, and Elkhorn City. We are currently unbeaten in the county and 2-0 in our conference.
Just inquired today about the Virgie Eagles and found out that as of this date they are # 1 in Pike Co. Wasn't sure, but this was confirmed today, 12-11-08.
I watch you! Wrote:Just inquired today about the Virgie Eagles and found out that as of this date they are # 1 in Pike Co. Wasn't sure, but this was confirmed today, 12-11-08.

Whom did you inquire?
man betsy layne basketball has such a bright future
Virgie played a tough Millard team .. Eagles won by about 6 or 7 points I think.. Congrats Eagles, Millard, you are a real strong team. Keep up the good work!!