Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 79 - Sheldon Clark 76 (2-OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lawrence Co starts off the season with a big District.. Wade Scaggs knocks down a three with time running out in regulation to tie it up... LC missed way to many free throws... if they hit half of them they wouldnt have needed OT..... Both teams fought back in forth in both over times until LC was able to hit two free throws to put them up with 7 sec left in the 2nd OT. SC missed a three at the buzzer for a chance to tie it up.
good game guys :O}
It was a really good win by the DAWGS......good job boys...and good luck for the rest..
Looks like another evenly matched year. Good game guys!
Sounds like an exciting game. Congrats, Lawrence on the big district win.
I predicted LC by 5 earlier today. I was close! Sounds like a great game. I look for the 57th to be very balanced this year. JC is probalby the team to beat, but their not going to run over anybody. Does anyone know why these two district rivals opened up with each other?
Good Game from both teams I dont like how the cards opened up the season with a district game wish they would have waited a few games, But they played great they lost a heart breaker but this game is over now lets go get ready for JC
Looks like this one would have been a fun one to watch... congrats LC!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Looks like this one would have been a fun one to watch... congrats LC!

you got that right it was. It was one of those games that you hated to see any team lose.
both teams played a really good game.....sc had several chances to win but they just could't put them away..they really need to work on shot selection couple times certain players came down and just shot stupid shots..but sc bench played really well...it was the first game of the season can't really say much....lc played good can't take nothing from them..
Congrats to LC for a good early season win. Sounded like it was definitely an exciting one to watch.
well we will see who the better team is next game on the 29
That Corey Newsome guy was really a team player out there he had 12 assists.
good game both teams
Chandler Thompson will be all-state....
I hear UK has been scouting him..

no way....chapman has shut him down for the past three years....hes not that good of a player
great game to watch...both teams played good
jumpman_23 Wrote:both teams played a really good game.....sc had several chances to win but they just could't put them away..they really need to work on shot selection couple times certain players came down and just shot stupid shots..but sc bench played really well...it was the first game of the season can't really say much....lc played good can't take nothing from them..

yea shot selection is what lost it for the cards in this one...
i guarantee that will be the worst game L.C. plays all year no doubt about that
LC.DOMINATION Wrote:Chandler Thompson will be all-state....
I hear UK has been scouting him..
you are joking right ?
Woluld have like to have seen this one. JC takes District
Does anyone have any of LC stats from last night's game. Sounds like it was a close game and would have been exciting to watch.
Too Many Bad Shot Selections
KC 1973 Wrote:Does anyone have any of LC stats from last night's game. Sounds like it was a close game and would have been exciting to watch.

Lawrence County Scoring: LC (79)- Wilks (24pts), Thompson(17), Adkins(12), Skaggs(8), Baldwin(5), Pack(4), Bradley(3), Newsome(3), Roberts(2), Frasher(1).

Martin County Scoring: SC (76)- Moore (20), Porter(19), Horn(11), Cline(10), Sturgill(8), Lafferty(6), Chapman(2).
Thanks Batpuff for the Post. Looks like Wilks is the go to player for LC. LC put 10 players in the score book in this game. Must have a pretty deep bench. Looking forward to see how they do at Paintsville Thursday night.
First off let me say if SC would have taken better shots they may have won the game but 3 of 19 from behind the three - point line just doesn't get it. Both teams played and the atmosphere was great as any district game is in th 57th. Thompson is a good player but not UK material.:devilflam
dosent matter just the first game...
lc will be lighting it up.
they will progress through the season..
they have alot of depth.
Chapman's 10th grade year he held chandler to 6 points the first game and 9 the second......also his junior year he done a great job at sc on him...and during the district tourny.........and he should be starting for sc.......
we don't need to take nothing away from the game......or the players thompson...or chapman....they both played a respectable...and so did both teams it was a really great game....
sc played a 2-3 zone the whole game so how can you say billy chap held him to a certain amout of points when he never guarded anything but an area.
It's sad that some people cannot get on here and read a thread discussing a really enjoyable game without reading all the garbage that some of you immature teenagers put on here.

Just an embarrassment to your school's and yourselves.