Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee Game, Brooks last?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumors have been going around on TCP that the UT game was UK coach Rich Brooks last game at UK, meaning that the program will be put into Joker Phillips hands. Which would explain UK playing really flat in the UT game, a game in which they had two weeks to prepare for. Thoughts?
I actually thought about that while watching the game Saturday..
We very easily could be at 10-2 and I thank Brooks for getting us in the right direction, but if a change is made then I will understand. I wonder if Joker is going to continue to run the offense or pass it to another coach, maybe Randy Sanders.
I thought Brooks was pretty well set on finishing out his contract before handing it over to Phillips.:confused:
IRISH4 Wrote:We very easily could be at 10-2 and I thank Brooks for getting us in the right direction, but if a change is made then I will understand. I wonder if Joker is going to continue to run the offense or pass it to another coach, maybe Randy Sanders.

Thats a very good question.

I believe that Brooks has done as much as he can with this program, meaning that he has made the foundation, its just time for someone else to build on that.
As long as it is his decision and he isn't "forced" out.
I don't see him stepping down yet. He still have 3 more years left. But he might take the job at Tennessee (lol). That would be funny, if he does get the Tennessee job. That give Uk fans something to talk about.
After the way this season has went, I cant blame him for leaving. To me, I felt as if our players has stopped played in a few games. The UT game looked like the players just pretty much stopped and played emotionless.
I'm not real sure if this is true or not, but I hope it isn't.
You can rule out the Tenn job. Kiffin was hired today.
I hope he stays myself.He has done a good job.:Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:I hope he stays myself.He has done a good job.:Thumbs:

I agree. I like Brooks. He as done this program good.
Brooks is an excellent coach! He has brought this program back from probation to back-to-back bowl wins and what appears to be a 3rd straight bowl appearance. With the graduation losses this team had, and the injuries on offense and defense and the inexperience on offense, this team has overachieved this year. Sure, some of his decisions were questionable, but no one will agree with every decision a coach makes. If he leaves, then he deserves to be thanked greatly by the fans, the players, and the school administration. I just hope he isn't forced out, and that this is on his terms. That is of course, if the rumors are true.
He is not being forced out, its his decision.

People need to look at this way, he is 68 years old and has done as much as he can for our program to succeed.
I don't now if these rumors are true or not, but I like Coach Brooks as well and if he gets forced out then I think it is a huge mistake. If everyone will remember at the beginning of this season, most football reporters and analysts were only predicting this team to win 4-5 games max and not make another bowl appearance in which h of course was proved wrong. With the losses we suffered from last years team and the young inexperienced offense we have, I would say this season was a success and it is because of the coaching of Rich Brooks.
IRISH4 Wrote:We very easily could be at 10-2 and I thank Brooks for getting us in the right direction, but if a change is made then I will understand. I wonder if Joker is going to continue to run the offense or pass it to another coach, maybe Randy Sanders.

I hope Sanders gets the O. Coordinator job, he is one of my families friends.
I hope "The Old Man" stays and finishes his contract. Brooks is a great coach and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it weren't for the injuries that set UK back this year.