Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to hear what everyone's MTS. TOP 10 looks like.
Mine looks like this
1. Breathitt Co.
2. Johnson Central
3. Clay Co.
4. Phelps
5. Rockcastle Co.
6. South Larual
7. Leslie Co.
8. Letcher Co. Central
9. Jackson Co.
10. Pike Central/KCC (tie)

I would really like to see a WYMT GIRLS MOUNTAIN CLASSIC be formed next season. It could be rotated like the boys between 2 or 3 sites PCC.KCC, Breathitt Co. or maybe in the EXPO Center that the 15th region uses. Our girls need to be showcased just as much as our boys.
I see Pike Central being higher than that.
I only did regions 13-16 but this is mine.

Breathitt County
Clay County

Rowan County
Johnson Central
Middlesboro
Pike County Central
Perry County Central
South Laurel
East Carter
Jackson County
I think Sheldon Clark should be on there somewhere:Thumbs:
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Wanted to hear what everyone's MTS. TOP 10 looks like.
Mine looks like this
1. Breathitt Co.
2. Johnson Central
3. Clay Co.
4. Phelps
5. Rockcastle Co.
6. South Larual
7. Leslie Co.
8. Letcher Co. Central
9. Jackson Co.
10. Pike Central/KCC (tie)

I would really like to see a WYMT GIRLS MOUNTAIN CLASSIC be formed next season. It could be rotated like the boys between 2 or 3 sites PCC.KCC, Breathitt Co. or maybe in the EXPO Center that the 15th region uses. Our girls need to be showcased just as much as our boys.

1. Breathitt Co. - will be the team to beat in the mountains
2. Johnson Central - also another frontrunner
3. Clay Co. - will probably beat Johnson Central
4. Phelps - definitely not this high at all, a new Phelps is supposed to be coming to play this season but 4th in the mountains? I don't see them being this high at all, is lucky to break top 10 on anyone's rankings IMO. I do look for big things out of them but I don't think they will be THIS good.
5. Rockcastle Co. - not even the best team in the 12th
6. South Larual - South Laurel is definitely too high as well. Teams like Pike County Central, Middlesboro, Perry County Central, Rowan County, just to name a few should be able to handle them.
7. Leslie Co. - Like Phelps, I'm surprised to see them breaking top 10 of anyone's. Leslie County and Phelps would be number #19 and #20 in EKY for me and that's not even including the 12th region teams that would bump both of them off if I included them..
8. Letcher Co. Central
9. Jackson Co. - a good rank for them but if Pike County Central gets it together and plays like the team that they can, they could definitely take Jackson County
10. Pike Central/KCC (tie) - Pike County Central and Knott County Central are no where in the same league, should never be a question of a tie here. Pike Central is like #6 in EKY and KCC isn't even in the top 15.
t&bsc Wrote:I think Sheldon Clark should be on there somewhere:Thumbs:

SC isn't even near the top in the 15th, much less the mountains. 15+ teams from regions 12-16 could take them this year but all of them aren't on their schedule.
1.Breathitt
2.Clay
3.JC
4.Letcher Co.
5.Pike cent.
6.PerryCo.
7.Middelsboro
8.South Laurel
9.Phelps
10.Jackson Co.
Phelps eaisly breaks the top 10. How can you put Perry Co. in front of them when they beat them by 16 points and they didn't look that good at all?? Pike Central could stay at number 10 they are really going to struggle this year, I do believe. They might prove us all wrong but I don't see it happening the way things are going and looking.
Perry Central and Pike Central have a lot of holes to fill this season and until they prove they can play without some of their old players I can't give them to high of a ranking.

I think by the end of the year a lot more people will be talking about Phelps Coach Vanhoose is going to get the most out of his girls and the tranfer that they got will have a big impact on their season this year.

Watch and see if Leslie Co. doesn't win at least 1 of their games vs PCC this season those girls play hard for 32 min.

Don't know how Rockcastle Co. can't be 1 in the 12th region they won it last year and didn't lose much from that team.

I didn't put the 16th region in my top 10 because I didn't think WYMT put them in theirs but if we are using the 16th they would be in my top 5 for sure.
don't forget about Johnson Central they have great guard play and good post players... they should be #1
Letcher Central will move up now that Tierra Baker is back.
Johnson Central returned everyone but one player and won the 57th district title and the 15th region title. Why wouldn't they be first. I look for them to repeat and only have a blemish of maybe 3 losses, if that the entire season.
Kyboy13 Wrote:1.Breathitt
2.Clay
3.JC
4.Letcher Co.
5.Pike cent.
6.PerryCo.
7.Middelsboro
8.South Laurel
9.Phelps
10.Jackson Co.

LCC is ranked awfully high, they aren't as good as some would think. I heard they were way down from 2 years ago, but were better than last year's team. I don't know though, I don't follow girls' basketball that closely at all.
Breathitt County shouldnt be first. Yeah, they have Kendall Noble but that's about it. Yeah they have a couple good players on the inside but Johnson Central are probably a better team then them.
As I have said several times before LCC has to prove they are better by beatting some good teams before they should get all of this hype.

As for Johnson Central being #1 they could be after they play Breathitt on Monday that will be a good test for both teams.

Breathitt Co. handled Leslie Co. wothout their starting PG and seem to have a strong team this year with some good size to go with Noble.

I would say that after the JC-Breathitt game we will all know who the #1 team is.
I'm too far away to see the Breahitt Co/Johnson Central game but if anyone wants to tape it for me, that'd be great. Smile
Might Be Suprized This Year What Schs Can Do
When do Breathitt and JC play?
Breathitt and Johnson Central play Monday Dec. 8. As for Breathitt just having Kendall Noble you must not have seen them play in the last 2 years Breathitt has a very good group of about 8 girls that everyone will get to know real fast.

Breathitt beat Johnson Central this summer a couple of times from what I have hear. Johnson Central just put up 46 pts vs NL who isn't a powerhouse and just had 2 girls score over like 5 pts. They will have to improve on that by a lot in order to beat the good teams on their schedule.