Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Eastern Kentucky Pre-Season Top 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BGR's Boys Basketball EKY Pre-Season Top 20

1. Elliot County
2. Shelby Valley
3. Hazard
4. Corbin
5. Knott Co. Central
6. South Laurel
7. Perry Co. Central
8. East Carter
9. Knox Central
10. Letcher Co. Central
11. Johnson Central
12. Clay County
13. Ashland Blazer
14. June Buchanan
15. Raceland
16. Jackson County
17. East Ridge
18. Lee County
19. Estill County
20. Bath County

Discuss Below...
Someone on the BGR ranking squad had better research the Lee County Bobcats. They are heavy favorites to win the 56th district (not Estill County) and may be rated as high as 2nd or 3rd in the 14th region. There's a bunch of teams on this list that couldn't beat Lee County in my opinion.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Someone on the BGR ranking squad had better research the Lee County Bobcats. They are heavy favorites to win the 56th district (not Estill County) and may be rated as high as 2nd or 3rd in the 14th region. There's a bunch of teams on this list that couldn't beat Lee County in my opinion.

As you may know, pre-season rankings are put together by how a team performed and finished last season. Lee County finished up 11-19 and 9-9 in the region, but they have a whole season to get into the rankings and prove us voters wrong.

Wink
Raceland is argubly the third best team in the 63rd behind Greenup and Lewis.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:As you may know, pre-season rankings are put together by how a team performed and finished last season. Lee County finished up 11-19 and 9-9 in the region, but they have a whole season to get into the rankings and prove us voters wrong.

Wink
Lee picked up a 6'5 kid from Georgia (Pittman) who is a very athletic player. With him joining the 6'6 Pelfrey and 6'3 Campbell, the Bobcats have a nice front court. But Aaron Charles, a 6'3 senior guard, is the player that makes them go. He's one of the top players in the region imo. Other than Hazard, I don't think there's a team in the region that Lee can't beat. The All A should come down to a matchup between the Bulldogs and Bobcats, if they are in opposite brackets, which I'm not sure they are because I have't seen the pairings.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Lee picked up a 6'5 kid from Georgia (Pittman) who is a very athletic player. With him joining the 6'6 Pelfrey and 6'3 Campbell, the Bobcats have a nice front court. But Aaron Charles, a 6'3 senior guard, is the player that makes them go. He's one of the top players in the region imo. Other than Hazard, I don't think there's a team in the region that Lee can't beat. The All A should come down to a matchup between the Bulldogs and Bobcats, if they are in opposite brackets, which I'm not sure they are because I have't seen the pairings.

Well they certainly sound like a good team, only time will tell.

Best of luck to Lee County this season!
kybaseball Wrote:Raceland is argubly the third best team in the 63rd behind Greenup and Lewis.
On the flip side of that they could arguably be the best team in the 63rd district. Not much difference in top to bottom in that one.
FBALL Wrote:On the flip side of that they could arguably be the best team in the 63rd district. Not much difference in top to bottom in that one.

Touche'
BlackcatAlum Wrote:As you may know, pre-season rankings are put together by how a team performed and finished last season. Lee County finished up 11-19 and 9-9 in the region, but they have a whole season to get into the rankings and prove us voters wrong.

Wink

If this is the case, then how is Knott Central ranked at number 5 when they didn't even make it out of district and the winner of that district ranked at number 10?
Knott County Central is predicted to be the 2nd best team in the 14th going into the season, with Letcher County Central at 4th. Cox and Stamper are two of the best players in the region as well, both ranking in the top 5.
Lee will definitely be in there.
First of all, the top three are very, very close.... Only thing I would change is.......East Carter is to low and Ashland is to high. Other than that, looks pretty good.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:If this is the case, then how is Knott Central ranked at number 5 when they didn't even make it out of district and the winner of that district ranked at number 10?

You have made a VERY good point....Smile .
Knott isnt that good and LCC and PCC will move way up.
I don't think Pikeville will cut it, or East Ridge. Shelby Valley is probably the only 15th Region team who can make the top 20
Johnson Central is also the 15th and I see them being able to stay in the top 20. If Pikeville and East Ridge can hang with them and Valley then it could be interesting to see the games in this region this season. Both are at the bottom and could fall off at any time but you can't really count anyone out in the pre-season, it's hard to say what will happen.
dore20 Wrote:Knott isnt that good and LCC and PCC will move way up.

It's a really close race in the 14th with Hazard, Knott, PCC, and LCC all. Depending on who comes out in their first meetings, the rankings could change that quickly. Buckhorn and JBS can't be counted out so easily either. Any team in the 14th could come out of nowhere and pull some upsets.
thetribe Wrote:It's a really close race in the 14th with Hazard, Knott, PCC, and LCC all. Depending on who comes out in their first meetings, the rankings could change that quickly. Buckhorn and JBS can't be counted out so easily either. Any team in the 14th could come out of nowhere and pull some upsets.
I'm telling you guys you are whistling into the wind if you think Lee County is not in the mix with the teams you have mentioned. I'm not from Lee County but I am from the 56th district, and keep up with a few things. Knott is getting a lot of love because they picked up Cox. Well Lee picked up a 6'5 kid from Georgia who should really give them a spark. The teams that overlook the Cats could soon regret it.
They are not intentionally being overlooked, most predictions were just made on last season and what changes we knew about going into this season. So many things will change after the first week of games alone are played. I didn't know any of this about Lee County or I would have voted for them right up there with JBS.
letthebighogroot Wrote:First of all, the top three are very, very close.... Only thing I would change is.......East Carter is to low and Ashland is to high. Other than that, looks pretty good.

I agree about the top 3 and Ashland and East.I am really suprised at the Raceland rank.:eek:
I think there was an oversight on the Lee County ranking. After a recount they will definitely be in the Top 20.
WOW! I never thought that people would think that Lee County is better than Estill!!! Never saw it coming!
KCC should be #2
Johnson Central is going to be 15th Region Champs this year.