Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: C.J. Penny or Josh Crawford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard a lot about both of the above named players and seen both play. Yet, I would like your alls input about who is better. They are both similar in size and style of play. I would say that Penny is more athletic, while Crawford is physically stronger. Penny has had better numbers the last couple of years, yet Crawford has been slowed by injuries. I am not saying that Crawford would have had the type of numbers that Penny had, I was just stating why his numbers were lower. I feel as if both could play for a Cumberland/Georgetown type NAIA D-1 school. But the real debate is here among you fans...who do you think is better, and why?
I think I would have to flip a coin on this one, both are great players and would love to have both on my team!! JMO
Both are very talented players, but I'd rather have Penny because he can score in a much more variety of ways, as Crawford is most known for his ability outside the arc.
Penny is the DI prospect...Correct??
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Penny is the DI prospect...Correct??

I'd say, but he has no offers that I'm aware of. I believe he will end up at WKU.
Crawford is definitely not known for being an outside player. Josh has always been a 22 or 24 and 12 or 13 type player and plays on the block. He can go outside and hit the deep ball when needed but most his points come from down low or mid range.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd say, but he has no offers that I'm aware of. I believe he will end up at WKU.

Penny to Bellermine is likely. WKU is finished with their '09 class. Crawford is a solid player, but his injury slowed him down a great deal. Both are fine young people and will do well later in life.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Penny is the DI prospect...Correct??

I know for a fact "North Carolina A & T" has offered. My guess is he ends up at Georgetown. They are a NAIA D1 Powerhouse and from what I've recently been told he wishes to stay close to home.