Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite Football Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some of your favorite football quotes??

Here are a few of mine...

"Baseball is what we were, FOOTBALL is what we have become" -Mary McGrory

"Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period." - Lou Holtz
"Several individuals working toward one goal, that is what makes a 'team work'".

"If Winning doesn't matter, why do we keep score?" - Adolph Rupp (Although he was a basketball coach i think this applies to football.)

"We not Me"
"If you can back it up, then it isn't bragging" - Muhammad Ali (I think this applies to football as well)
Coach Gary Gaines's entire speech about "being perfect" in "Friday Night Lights".
Diogenes Wrote:Coach Gary Gaines's entire speech about "being perfect" in "Friday Night Lights".

Speaking of speeches, I thought the coach from Any Given Sunday gave a great one. The game of inches speech. Gets me fired up every time I hear it.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Speaking of speeches, I thought the coach from Any Given Sunday gave a great one. The game of inches speech. Gets me fired up every time I hear it.

Its not that its not a great speech. I think its just that Al Pacino is just such a bad man. If anyone else had given that speech it wouldn't have had that effect.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Its not that its not a great speech. I think its just that Al Pacino is just such a bad man. If anyone else had given that speech it wouldn't have had that effect.

True...you do prove a good point. But thats just what I think. I love the speech.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:True...you do prove a good point. But thats just what I think. I love the speech.

And that makes all the difference between winning and lossing, between living and dying...Because...Thats what livin is!!!!
What's wrong with y'all? Y'all are playin' like some little girls! Y'all act like you never played football before! These guys are nothin'! They bleed just like we do, and sweat just like we do. They went through two-a-days. We went through two-a-days in 110 degree heat. I want you to hit everything that move! If the ref gets in your way, you hit him! They're cheatin' us too! They're against us too. This is our team. This is us! Let's go right now! Let's get it off now and let's go!

- Ivory Christian (Friday Night Lights)
"stars fade away...champions come and go...but legends, they're forever"
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What's wrong with y'all? Y'all are playin' like some little girls! Y'all act like you never played football before! These guys are nothin'! They bleed just like we do, and sweat just like we do. They went through two-a-days. We went through two-a-days in 110 degree heat. I want you to hit everything that move! If the ref gets in your way, you hit him! They're cheatin' us too! They're against us too. This is our team. This is us! Let's go right now! Let's get it off now and let's go!

- Ivory Christian (Friday Night Lights)

Thats like the one time he talked during the whole movie.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi