Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 58 - Allen Central 50 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Neither team was as good as I thought they may be, but Pikeville still has some out in football. AC played alright, but like I expected they would struggle at the guard positions and they did as they had to have one of the Crowder's bring it up the court as both scored nearly all of their points as well except for a few 3s from Stumbo.

Pikeville was lead by Clevenger & AC was lead by Hunter Crowder.
I thought both teams played pretty well for a pre season scrimmage. Allen Central did struggle at the guard position tonight but remember it's early, very early. I'm sure come March they will be much improved. The Crowders are just getting out of football and into basketball. As for Pikeville, Clevinger and Burchett had an excellent scoring game and played some hard nosed defense. I look forward to seeing Pikeville play a faster paced game than they have in the past few years and put some points on the board. Williams will take what he has which is team of quick guards and will suprise some teams. They will be fun to watch this year!!! GO PANTHERS!!!!!:Clap:
congrats Pikeville...who started for AC.
Is Josh Prater not playing for AC?
Prater will be playing next game.
The rebels Started, Logan Crowder, Hunter Crowder, Chris Stumbo, Austin Woods, and Chad Nelson.

Also Seth Jarrell,Brandon Meade,Blake Salisbury seen a few minutes for the Rebels.
Prater didnt play in this one because he didnt show up to practice until the day before. But he will be playing the next time the rebels take the floor, and is definitely a big help for AC
runninrebs21 Wrote:Prater didnt play in this one because he didnt show up to practice until the day before. But he will be playing the next time the rebels take the floor, and is definitely a big help for AC
He will never make it with this Coach Martin unless his attitude gets better. He is used to doing what he pleases and this won't cut it with the new sheriff in town!
bball fan Wrote:He will never make it with this Coach Martin unless his attitude gets better. He is used to doing what he pleases and this won't cut it with the new sheriff in town!

I would say that the sheriff better get things together real soon. What I saw on Wednesday, it's going to be a long year for the rebels. The natives are getting restless, from the talk I've been hearing.
Contrary to your reports Bobcat, the "new sheriff" has a lot of support and the ones that are in the "inside" of the program could not be happier...

Everyone is treated the same...Wink

It is a New Breed of Rebels....
bball fan Wrote:He will never make it with this Coach Martin unless his attitude gets better. He is used to doing what he pleases and this won't cut it with the new sheriff in town!
Do you think he got his way with the last coach Martin? I dont think so..
gish_7 Wrote:Do you think he got his way with the last coach Martin? I dont think so..
Didn't say that, but just heard he didn't like to practice much and Mark will not let anyone play if they don't practice. Which is how it should be.

bball fan Wrote:Didn't say that, but just heard he didn't like to practice much and Mark will not let anyone play if they don't practice. Which is how it should be.

These statements are absolutely ridiculous. If your suggesting that Johnny Martin allowed players to have bad attitudes, not practice, and then do what ever they please when they did practice, then you obviously are delusional. And if your suggesting that the "new sheriff" is going to have better discipline or control over players than the "old sheriff" then you need to drop whatever else your doing at the moment and call 911 immediately because you are in serious need of psychiatric help! Johnny Martin has forgot more about discipline and how to handle players than your "new sheriff" will ever know!