Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan 51 - Prestonsburg 49 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pburg had a 9-point lead with just over 3 minutes left in the game and instead of playing to win they played to keep the lead and ended up losing.

Turnovers & missed free-throws killed Pburg in this one.

Alex Stumbo led Pburg in points & Clint Stepp led JBS in points.
Not to mention pburg had 2 starters out and one bench player out. In my opinion pburg played pretty well up until the last 4 minutes. It looked like they were panicing and that lost us this game.
All in all good showing by the cats and hope the season turns out well.
Although, I was not supporting either team in this game, the officiating was pitiful. It was really a joke!
central10 Wrote:Although, I was not supporting either team in this game, the officiating was pitiful. It was really a joke!

I will have to agree with you on that. What was it like 4 technical fouls and none got thrown out. Lets just hope they dont do this in the regular season.
In a game like that...it is really hard to get a gauge on either team...both teams lost their composure...the refs were horrible...it was hard to get into the flow of the game...but u will have some games like that...so i believe it was good for both teams.
Yeah, if the refs would have made everyone keep their hands off each other and quit pulling on one another at the beginning of the game, it could have been prevented. But yeah, there should have been a few fans and player thrown out there. But it's over, and I don't think basketball should be played like a football game. The refs needed to have control and they didn't. But congrats to the Crusaders!
Pburg tried to slow down and protect there lead and panicked(spelling?) the last 4 minutes instead of just finishing the game off the way they were playing. But it was a good physical game by both teams. Reffing was terrible but thats how scrimmages are alot of times.
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Not to mention pburg had 2 starters out and one bench player out. In my opinion pburg played pretty well up until the last 4 minutes. It looked like they were panicing and that lost us this game.
All in all good showing by the cats and hope the season turns out well.

June Buchanan was up 17-3 in the first 5 minutes of the game then Prestonsburg made it into more less of a fight, both teams lost their composure.. only game I've seen a boy tackle another boy throw the ball at him and still finish the game... this was not a basketball game it was a fight... and Juen Buchanan knocked out Prestonsburg Smile
Well they was no official book there wasnt even a book on either bench and the home team was supposed to be the offical book and thaey didnt bring one so really in all honesty it was the refs fault because they had nobody keeping a book wth foulswhere if they did then im sure by the time the fights broke out at least one of them would ahd been out of the game.. so shame shame on the refs!! they was vetern officals als I cant wait to hear what kind of action shwn takes against this cause it looks like there should had been at least two kids throwed out for fighting and at last 2 tecinals on each bnch for clearing the benchs and running on the floor. so both coahces should had been threw out because they both should had had one at the first of the game whn they got into on the sidelines so it was just all a mess but i would have to say shame hame on the refs and both coaches from the teams for not taking action thereselfs and taking out the players that caused the fight but thats the problem nowadays is there is n dicipling on the teams and the coaches act worse than the players do so lets get back to playing ball instead of haveing ufc fights on the ball court