Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Girls Basketball at Jenkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jerry Bentley has step down as Basketball coach and AD at JHS. The job has not yet to be filled.
I hate to hear that. Jerry and Teresa Bentley built up that program at JHS.
This is not good for the town of Jenkins as a whole. Jerry and his wife Teresa have went way beyond what is expected as teacher/coach/principal/AD to make sure that the students at Jenkins had the same opportunity as the rest of the student athletes does in the mountains. I know that in the past when dollars were short in the their programs they gave from their own bank account for the kids that they coached to be successful. Jerry will be greatly missed as a coach and AD but most importantly as a friend to their program and community.
Wonder what going on? This is not a good time of the season for this to happen. Did he get upset over something?

The Bentley's have always been a class act and well respected throughout the region. Hate to see him step down.
Yes the Bentleys are great people .... and what happened their is an absolute joke and thats what happens when you bring in outsiders to run your schools. That is terrible an absolute joke.
So, what happened? I know some outsiders tried to run everything but something had to happen?
Thanks for the kind words. I will miss coaching basketball at jenkins. I have been a basketball coach at Jenkins for 22 years. 6 with the boys program and the rest with the Lady Cavaliers. Good Luck to the Lady Cavs this season.
Jerry and Teresa are personal friends of mine. They have been loyal for two decades to the community of Jenkins and its school. The loss of each will be felt for many years and the children will never recover.

Other school systems may need to look for these two if openings come about.
Mr. Harvey Tackett will fill-in as Coach until someone is hired for full-time. Harvey has coached everything from basketball to track.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Wonder what going on? This is not a good time of the season for this to happen. Did he get upset over something?

The Bentley's have always been a class act and well respected throughout the region. Hate to see him step down.

Mrs. Bentley was demoted as the principal to teaching 5th 6th grade social studies at jenkins elementary. Mr. Bentley was given additional classes to teach, leaving no time to do the A.D. job. Someone is out to get them. Maybe the chairman of the board is using the superintendent to settle some unknown problem. It is a mess. Time will tell how this move will affect the athletics and academics at JMHS.
You do not replace years of experience. Sweat, tears, work.......etc.
Beefhide Wrote:Mrs. Bentley was demoted as the principal to teaching 5th 6th grade social studies at jenkins elementary. Mr. Bentley was given additional classes to teach, leaving no time to do the A.D. job. Someone is out to get them. Maybe the chairman of the board is using the superintendent to settle some unknown problem. It is a mess. Time will tell how this move will affect the athletics and academics at JMHS.

Your right it is a mess. And someone is out to get them. That someone is Debbie Watts. They had no problems until John Shook handed her the reigns. And if it goes any further some little Cavalier just might start wearin blue.
Beefhide Wrote:Mrs. Bentley was demoted as the principal to teaching 5th 6th grade social studies at jenkins elementary. Mr. Bentley was given additional classes to teach, leaving no time to do the A.D. job. Someone is out to get them. Maybe the chairman of the board is using the superintendent to settle some unknown problem. It is a mess. Time will tell how this move will affect the athletics and academics at JMHS.
It sounds to me like the one who needs to be demoted is the superintendent.
Hate to hear that, they have given up a lot to do what they do over their! They sure love and support their school!

Sounds to me like politics are AGAIN hurting our local schools.
Jerry and Teresa are fine people and great teachers and GREAT for the Jenkins Independent Scholl system. It's a shame that an outsider would come in a for some crazy reason try to run them off by doing this.
Maybe some of the parents need to step in and get a petition or something started to show their support for the Bentleys!
FBIMAN Wrote:Sounds to me like politics are AGAIN hurting our local schools.
Jerry and Teresa are fine people and great teachers and GREAT for the Jenkins Independent Scholl system. It's a shame that an outsider would come in a for some crazy reason try to run them off by doing this.
Maybe some of the parents need to step in and get a petition or something started to show their support for the Bentleys!

I have made one myself and I am passing it around to parents.
Wow! I hate to hear that JB has left. He is a great coach and a great person. He was a friend to me during my lone year at JMHS last year and I consider him a friend always. It amazes me how the JIS and School board can talk about how they have such a great place to work, when they willingly cause good people to quit and cause people like me, who also drove a bus while I taught over there, to lose their jobs in hopes of fulfilling some long lost dream of a football championship. I know there are people in Jenkins who know me and know that I was a good teacher, and I hope that Jerry doesn't go through what I went through or resign. sherman14 you keep them straight over there.
It is immature to leave an entire team up in the air like that. There are PLENTY of coaches that don't get an extra planning period for AD work. That is a cop-out. Wheter the deal with his wifes demotion was justified or not, that is a selfish move for someone who is "all about the kids":mad:
the giant Wrote:It is immature to leave an entire team up in the air like that. There are PLENTY of coaches that don't get an extra planning period for AD work. That is a cop-out. Wheter the deal with his wifes demotion was justified or not, that is a selfish move for someone who is "all about the kids":mad:

First off The Giant you have know idea what you are talking about. It was his descision to step down. He made the right choice. I know the Bentley's better than most people. They are very good people. He had to step down for his wife. It hurt him that he had to leave his girls. and for you to say that he is immature is disrespectful and just stupid. He is all about tthe kids and you have know idea how much he loves everyone of thoughs girls.
legend74 Wrote:Wow! I hate to hear that JB has left. He is a great coach and a great person. He was a friend to me during my lone year at JMHS last year and I consider him a friend always. It amazes me how the JIS and School board can talk about how they have such a great place to work, when they willingly cause good people to quit and cause people like me, who also drove a bus while I taught over there, to lose their jobs in hopes of fulfilling some long lost dream of a football championship. I know there are people in Jenkins who know me and know that I was a good teacher, and I hope that Jerry doesn't go through what I went through or resign. sherman14 you keep them straight over there.

Sup McCarty?
sherman14 Wrote:First off The Giant you have know idea what you are talking about. It was his descision to step down. He made the right choice. I know the Bentley's better than most people. They are very good people. He had to step down for his wife. It hurt him that he had to leave his girls. and for you to say that he is immature is disrespectful and just stupid. He is all about tthe kids and you have know idea how much he loves everyone of thoughs girls.

Sorry Sherm, I do "no" a little. WHY did he HAVE to step down?? He wasn't forced to He CHOSE to do it in retaliation for his wife being demoted-personal choice-and he was NOT thinking abouit "THOUGHS(?)" girls when he did that.
the giant Wrote:Sorry Sherm, I do "no" a little. WHY did he HAVE to step down?? He wasn't forced to He CHOSE to do it in retaliation for his wife being demoted-personal choice-and he was NOT thinking abouit "THOUGHS(?)" girls when he did that.

You would have a decent arguement if you knew how to spell. He stepped down for his wife. Family comes first and for most. He did what was best for his wife and family. You have know idea how he loves those girls. They were like daughters to him. He would do anything for them. He made the right choice and unless your in his shoes then don't be attacking him.
the giant Wrote:It is immature to leave an entire team up in the air like that. There are PLENTY of coaches that don't get an extra planning period for AD work. That is a cop-out. Whether the deal with his wife's demotion was justified or not, that is a selfish move for someone who is "all about the kids":mad:

Most do not have a full teaching day, and others do not teach at all.
will they recover?
sherman14 Wrote:You would have a decent arguement if you knew how to spell. He stepped down for his wife. Family comes first and for most. He did what was best for his wife and family. You have know idea how he loves those girls. They were like daughters to him. He would do anything for them. He made the right choice and unless your in his shoes then don't be attacking him.

...and you need a tad bit of grammar work.................Wink

So, who has came in to coach? Is the job posted or has someone came into coach the team on a interim basis?
firechief Wrote:...and you need a tad bit of grammar work.................Wink

So, who has came in to coach? Is the job posted or has someone came into coach the team on a interim basis?

Harvey Tackett in interim coach until someone is hired full-time.
sherman14 Wrote:Jerry Bentley has step down as Basketball coach and AD at JHS. The job has not yet to be filled.

sherman14 Wrote:First off The Giant you have know idea what you are talking about. It was his descision to step down. He made the right choice. I know the Bentley's better than most people. They are very good people. He had to step down for his wife. It hurt him that he had to leave his girls. and for you to say that he is immature is disrespectful and just stupid. He is all about tthe kids and you have know idea how much he loves everyone of thoughs girls.

sherman14 Wrote:You would have a decent arguement if you knew how to spell. He stepped down for his wife. Family comes first and for most. He did what was best for his wife and family. You have know idea how he loves those girls. They were like daughters to him. He would do anything for them. He made the right choice and unless your in his shoes then don't be attacking him.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn Rolleyes Dude, My spelling was intentional!!!! I was pokin fun at YOUR spelling. The Bentley's must not have done much of a job teaching if a high school senior don't "no" the difference between no and know. I hope someone else wrote up that petition!!. Also, foremost is one word, and it is t-h-o-s-e, not thoughs. your= posession, you're, you-are. Peace Sherm.
the giant Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn Rolleyes Dude, My spelling was intentional!!!! I was pokin fun at YOUR spelling. The Bentley's must not have done much of a job teaching if a high school senior don't "no" the difference between no and know. I hope someone else wrote up that petition!!. Also, foremost is one word, and it is t-h-o-s-e, not thoughs. your= posession, you're, you-are. Peace Sherm.

First off I only had Jerry for one year. So not the Bentleys fault. And second i'm a SOPHOMORE not a senior.
And spelling isn't even the issue here.
I heard that they were trying to get Keith Baker, a former LCC assistant. Then something else about Chasity Fox. Baker coached JV for years at WHS and LCC hes a good coach. Fox was a good player at Whitesburg and Alice Loyd College. They would be good fits for the job.
Pages: 1 2