Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Buckhorn 78 P-burg 44 @Knott Co. Sportsplex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from tonights Adidas Classic at the SportsPlex. P-burg was without Burchett and a couple of other kids.
Congrats Buckhorn! Who played well, from either team?
Is Buckhorn supposed to be good this year? And will the Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville season opener scheduled for Dec. 5 be changed if either one of them win in football on Friday night?
Buckhorn will be a decent team this year. They are very young. I think they dress 12 for varsity and 9 of those are freshmen.
Where there any other games? If so, how did they go?
Blank from Buckhorn played well. I'd say he had over 20 and probably didn't play much over half of the game. Stidham was in double figures and Colwell was close. Those are the only 3 kids on Buckhorn's team that aren't freshmen. With that said, the younger kids really played well tonight. Day and one of the Gay twins were probably close to a double double each. As far as of they are supposed to be any good or not, it is probably to early to tell and probably hard to tell from this scrimmage especially with P-burg playing without Burchett and a couple of others. All the early polls have Buckhorn somewhere between 8 and 10 in the region.

For P-burg, I thought the guard #12 played pretty well. I didn't catch his name.

Buckhorn, also, won the jv game by 3, I think. It was a good, close game.

For the rest of the games, PCC handled Breathitt pretty easily. Owsley beat Cordia and I didn't get any of the rest of the results.
This will be a team that will be very dangerous to play. Buckhorn is VERY young and this is not one of those excuses used a lot. However, this is a talented young group. This could be the class to come in and actually take Buckhorn back to Rupp in a couple of years. I honestly think that. A lot of talent in this group.
Congrats to Buckhorn!

These scrimmages will help out Pburg, because they are missing two starters and it will give coach Pack a chance to find some players of the bench who could receive some playing time.