Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: You now own your own radio station!! Now what??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You now own your own radio station!! Now what??

What kind of programming would you include to make the perfect radio station???
Make it a Rock station that will never wimp out and change to a pop station.
i would play nothing but heavy metal from the 80s 90s and now
FATMAN Wrote:Make it a Rock station that will never wimp out and change to a pop station.
i would play nothing but heavy metal from the 80s 90s and now
What else???? News??? Sports???? Any talk????
How will you pay the bills????
Gotta have sports!
And news updates
very little talk play maybe 20 mins of music and 4 minsof commericals and plenty of sports
This is easy. My radio station would consist of The Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty and the HB, Rolling Stones, CCR, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, KISS, Marshall Tucker Band, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison and Led Zeppelin. IMO, it'd be the best rock station I could possibly put together. Big Grinrums02: :Guitar01:
Alternative rock and punk station with little advertisements, the money could come from advertising shows and not just stupid infomericals. The artist could pay a small fee for their gig to be broadcasted so people would go to it and they would make more money, but it would allow me enough money to cut down on the amount of time wasted on ads.

Just punk music, old and new, 24/7.
Well i dont' know if it would be a perfect radio station, but i would listen..

The bands would consist of:

From autumn to ashes
Atreyu
Killswitch Engage
As I lay dying
Taking Back Sunday
Silverstein
Emanuel

Bands like that.. Some commercials, but it would be like 2 or 3 commercials to every 6 or 7 songs.. Then on Friday nights have a football game.. Then on Sat. nite try to get local bands to come in and play a few songs, and promote an album if they have one..
That sounds good too CTD, I would listen.
Mine would be a mixture of this....
Atreyu
Murderdolls
Seether
Gorillaz
Mushroomhead
Cradle of Filth
Coheed and Cambria
AC/DC
Misfits
Rodney Carrington(Comedy)
Dane Cook

and sports talk shows every Friday at 5.....

You are now listening to S W A G Radio!
I would first want to find a music type that people are inerested in but is not really offered in the area.

Next I would want to find a good DJ who not only knows the music but also is funny so that he can keep listeners entertained.

You would really need some sponsors and maybe you could talk some of them into giving away prizes so that the cool DJ could have little games and get the listeners more involved. This would not only encourage more people to listen to the station with the chance of winning, but also encourage more companies to buy slots throughout the day because they know that there are a lot of listeners.

News is another important thing that one would need. I would try to get on to where I can pick of a feed from a national broadcast such as ABC News but then I would also want there to be a local news section.

A good morning talk show would also be important. There are a lot of funny shows that you could pick up the feed off of such as Bob and Tom, Big Show in the Morning, and others or you could get lucky enough to get some local people that would put on a great show like these guys do!

Fianlly a night show is a must. Depending on your audience, this could be a sports show that maybe you have 1-2 times a week or it could range to something as different as Deliah (sp) with her love songs and sendouts.

Those are the things that I think would be important if opening up your own radio station. But the choice of music and the listeners that it would pull would dictate the rest of the things.

You're not thinking about opening a station are you CBS?
Motley Crue and AC/DC.

Instant win.
Beef Wrote:Those are the things that I think would be important if opening up your own radio station. But the choice of music and the listeners that it would pull would dictate the rest of the things.

Well thought out post Beef.
No I'm not looking to open a station.
I was just curious what the BGR folks would want for the perfect station.
I hear and read a lot of comments with what's wrong with this station or that station but never a solution...Let's hear what BGR wants!!!
So I get a + for that post :dance:
well S W A G RADIO your out its now B E E F RADIO....good post beef......I think it would be awsome if someway we could get our local stations on XM radio.......like 107.5, 93.1, 95.5, ETC.......so when we go out of state we can listen to the local weather/ news/ sports or whatever else.......I was talking to R&B about it the other night.....
Beef Wrote:I would first want to find a music type that people are inerested in but is not really offered in the area.

Next I would want to find a good DJ who not only knows the music but also is funny so that he can keep listeners entertained.

You would really need some sponsors and maybe you could talk some of them into giving away prizes so that the cool DJ could have little games and get the listeners more involved. This would not only encourage more people to listen to the station with the chance of winning, but also encourage more companies to buy slots throughout the day because they know that there are a lot of listeners.

News is another important thing that one would need. I would try to get on to where I can pick of a feed from a national broadcast such as ABC News but then I would also want there to be a local news section.

A good morning talk show would also be important. There are a lot of funny shows that you could pick up the feed off of such as Bob and Tom, Big Show in the Morning, and others or you could get lucky enough to get some local people that would put on a great show like these guys do!

Fianlly a night show is a must. Depending on your audience, this could be a sports show that maybe you have 1-2 times a week or it could range to something as different as Deliah (sp) with her love songs and sendouts.

Those are the things that I think would be important if opening up your own radio station. But the choice of music and the listeners that it would pull would dictate the rest of the things.

You mean delilah.. lol.. and yes i sometimes tune in..

i agree with all that you said except the news part.. there are enough stations that already carry the news.. and it's always on when you want to hear some music.. so. i think i would leave that out..
Beef Wrote:So I get a + for that post :dance:
B+ is the grade due to spelling errors etc.
You are in college now...expectations are higher! Smile
CBS Sports Wrote:B+ is the grade due to spelling errors etc.
You are in college now...expectations are higher! Smile
:boo:
Beef Wrote::boo:
Well maybe an A-
Well...I really just mean a (+) not an A+...lol
Come on...This is your chance to state your opinion.
Who knows there might even be a radio station program director reading.
24/7 Internet Stream would rock.
QQ there is a 24-7 Internet Streaming radio that has ALOT of channels to pick from, like MANY MANY MANY different genres and it shows what songs are coming up next and all. It is really cool and not that hard to download, runs really well, I used to have it but can't recall the name of the program, it was awesome.
thetribe Wrote:QQ there is a 24-7 Internet Streaming radio that has ALOT of channels to pick from, like MANY MANY MANY different genres and it shows what songs are coming up next and all. It is really cool and not that hard to download, runs really well, I used to have it but can't recall the name of the program, it was awesome.

Ya, But they dont have sports guys or mountain football:Sad04: What am Im going to do when I move next year to Indiani for my PHD. Ill call the 1 800 number i guess and listen Confusedhh:
QQ is leaving :boo:
ya, but BGR will keep me feeling like Im always here. just like it does you. My heart will always be in the mountain. Once a mountain man, always a mountain man.
That's right...I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! :dance: