Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Appalachian Wireless Black Friday Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just figured I would tell you that on Black Friday here at Appalachian Wireless, we are going to be having a huge sale. With a new 2 year contract, you can get any phone in our lineup for only one penny. This is good between the hours of 6am and 9am. This penny sale includes all Blackberry models and PDA's. The only thing with the Blackberry models and all other PDA phones are that you have to sign up for our Unlimited Data package and keep it for the duration of your contract (24 months). Prices of these vary between phone models. If you're contract isn't already up, then you are not eligible for this sale. Be sure to stop by your local Appalachian Wireless store or authorized dealer to participate in this once in a lifetime sale.
what if your contract is up in January
BCF4L Wrote:Hey guys, just figured I would tell you that on Black Friday here at Appalachian Wireless, we are going to be having a huge sale. With a new 2 year contract, you can get any phone in our lineup for only one penny. This is good between the hours of 6am and 9am. This penny sale includes all Blackberry models and PDA's. The only thing with the Blackberry models and all other PDA phones are that you have to sign up for our Unlimited Data package and keep it for the duration of your contract (24 months). Prices of these vary between phone models. If you're contract isn't already up, then you are not eligible for this sale. Be sure to stop by your local Appalachian Wireless store or authorized dealer to participate in this once in a lifetime sale.

Raider_Nation09 Wrote:what if your contract is up in January

I think the bold part of the quote answers your question.
Darn it.....i just bought a new phone on Sat......
Midee1 Wrote:I think the bold part of the quote answers your question.

Actually no, it doesn't. Appalachain Wireless allows you to opt out of your contract usually if you without the last 6 months of your 24 month agreement.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Actually no, it doesn't. Appalachain Wireless allows you to opt out of your contract usually if you without the last 6 months of your 24 month agreement.
Yes, usually we do, but, where we have such an aggressive sale going on, and the money we are losing during this sale, it has been stressed that everyone must be out of their contract in order to receive the special.

Raider, best thing to do would be to go into an office and see what can be done. Are you having troubles out of the phone you currently have?
Ive been wanting to get a Spyder.

Why do they say "You always get more, with Appalachian Wireless" when unlimited texting is $20 a month and AT&T is only $10?
Can't beat an iPhone guys!
BCF4L Wrote:Yes, usually we do, but, where we have such an aggressive sale going on, and the money we are losing during this sale, it has been stressed that everyone must be out of their contract in order to receive the special.

Raider, best thing to do would be to go into an office and see what can be done. Are you having troubles out of the phone you currently have?

my phone is retarded....it wont let me edit my contacts and when someone calls when even if their in my phone book it dont show the name it shows the # and it dont play the ringtones i have set for people it plays my overall ringtone
EKY Sportster Wrote:Can't beat an iPhone guys!

i would love to have a iphone...one of my friends has one the only bad thing is she dont get service at school or anywhere close to school cause where its AT&T
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:my phone is retarded....it wont let me edit my contacts and when someone calls when even if their in my phone book it dont show the name it shows the # and it dont play the ringtones i have set for people it plays my overall ringtone
Take the phone into them on Black Friday and explain that to them. They might be able to do something.
If...Then Wrote:Ive been wanting to get a Spyder.

Why do they say "You always get more, with Appalachian Wireless" when unlimited texting is $20 a month and AT&T is only $10?
Because AT&T owns all of their towers nationwide, where we have to pay other companies to use their towers outside of this area. If our text messaging was just based in eastern KY then we would be able to give it to you cheaper. Thanks to the price Verizon has set for us to use their towers, we have to charge a little bit more. But, if you notice, you can only text to other AT&T customers if you have AT&T. With Appalachian Wireless, your 19.99 per month allows you to text to any other wireless provider.
BCF4L Wrote:Because AT&T owns all of their towers nationwide, where we have to pay other companies to use their towers outside of this area. If our text messaging was just based in eastern KY then we would be able to give it to you cheaper. Thanks to the price Verizon has set for us to use their towers, we have to charge a little bit more. But, if you notice, you can only text to other AT&T customers if you have AT&T. With Appalachian Wireless, your 19.99 per month allows you to text to any other wireless provider.

You can Text anyone with At&t thats what im using but thinking about switching
Basketballer Wrote:You can Text anyone with At&t thats what im using but thinking about switching
Thanks for the update. Maybe I was thinking about Verizon Wireless instead of AT&T.
How much does the unlimited data package cost?
Does AW's texting work in the United States alone or will Canada, Mexico, etc. work as well?
slingblade93 Wrote:How much does the unlimited data package cost?
$49.99/month for Blackberry's and $79.99 for any other PDA.
BCF4L Wrote:$49.99/month for Blackberry's and $79.99 for any other PDA.
geeez, no wonder the phone is only a penny...lol
$29.99 I BELIEVE for 500 minutes
$19.99 for unlimited texting
$49.99 for unlimited data

$100/month for a cellphone is quiet expensive. Also, I believe the unlimited EVERYTHING plans on other carriers are around that much BUUUT Appalachian is definitely the best signal around here, have to give them that.

No sense is having a phone through another carrier and paying WHATEVER it is a month, cheaper or not, if you can't use it.
Basketballer Wrote:geeez, no wonder the phone is only a penny...lol
You have to realize that we pay over $500.00 for each Blackberry. There is no way possible to be able to make up $500.00 without asking for an unlimited plan. But what you don't see here is we don't charge anything extra to use a PDA as a tethered modem. All your national carriers will charge you around $79.99/month if you want to use your phone as a modem, including BB's. So if you look, paying us $49.99/month gives you access to anything. You can pay $29.99 per month at AT&T for Blackberry service, but you have to pay $79.99 per month if you want to use your phone as a modem. That is one benefit by using our service.

And, like Tribe said, what good is a phone if you can never use it? You can pay $50.00 a month all you want to, but you might as well be flushing 50 bucks down the toilet. Unless you live in Lexington, there is no need in having AT&T. Ever wonder why AT&T offers rollover? Maybe because they don't have service and it's the least they could do is rollover the minutes you can't use. Big Grin
thetribe Wrote:Does AW's texting work in the United States alone or will Canada, Mexico, etc. work as well?
I checked on this and yes text messaging will work whereever Verizon has service, which includes places in Mexico and Canada.
BCF4L Wrote:.

And, like Tribe said, what good is a phone if you can never use it? You can pay $50.00 a month all you want to, but you might as well be flushing 50 bucks down the toilet. Unless you live in Lexington, there is no need in having AT&T. Ever wonder why AT&T offers rollover? Maybe because they don't have service and it's the least they could do is rollover the minutes you can't use. Big Grin

Or the Huntington, Ashland, Ironton area. I have 7 lines with AT&T and I don't have any service problems in my areas.:p

5 lines on 1 family plan with unlimited text messaging and 1400 minutes per month to share. 2 of those have unlimited Iphone data plans then the other 2 are on a 550 minute shared plan. All for a mere 280.00 per month.
I am gonna get the spyder phone, it looks pretty cool
Does AW offer a 15% discount off your monthly bill like AT&T does for state employees ?
If...Then Wrote:Ive been wanting to get a Spyder.

Last time I checked with AT&T unlimited txt was also 20 dollars a month and thats why i moved over to AW because they had almost the same prices as at&t but AW had better signal around here