Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baseball 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who were some good players some teams lost for 08? Like Pikeville, Johnson Central, Hazard, and Paintsville

How does this season look?
From my understanding, East Ridge is having a middle school baseball team this year. What other schools in eastern KY have them other than Pikeville, Johnson Central, Hazard and Paintville??
mcolem00 Wrote:From my understanding, East Ridge is having a middle school baseball team this year. What other schools in eastern KY have them other than Pikeville, Johnson Central, Hazard and Paintville??

Shelby Valley, Magoffin County, Pike Central is supposed to be getting one this year. Belfry cancelled theirs, thats gonna hurt in the future

Johnson Central lost about 7 this past season. Anyone know how many Pikeville lost?
Are you referring to games or players for Pikeville? JC is going to be tough, they have a great feeder program and I look for both Paintsville and Pikeville to be competetive as well. Would like to see a 15th region middle school tourney this year.
IRISH4 Wrote:Are you referring to games or players for Pikeville? JC is going to be tough, they have a great feeder program and I look for both Paintsville and Pikeville to be competetive as well. Would like to see a 15th region middle school tourney this year.

Both if you know. Johnson Central had about 4 quit and 1 move I heard
If...Then Wrote:Both if you know. Johnson Central had about 4 quit and 1 move I heard

I'm unsure of the living situation, but I do know Pikeville played an 8th grade/7th grade schedule last season. The only 7th graders that got to play up were Ethan Rowe, Jake Burke and Austin Priode. However, there was a lot of potential with the 7th grade team so I look for them to do well this year.
IRISH4 Wrote:I'm unsure of the living situation, but I do know Pikeville played an 8th grade/7th grade schedule last season. The only 7th graders that got to play up were Ethan Rowe, Jake Burke and Austin Priode. However, there was a lot of potential with the 7th grade team so I look for them to do well this year.

Did they lose any power hitters or key players
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Did they lose any power hitters or key players

Well given that their 8th graders are now freshman and will be playing for the varsity and jv, I don't feel like they lost a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. They will be better, at the start of the season they lacked a lot of fundamentals but had a coach that tried to teach all the game of baseball the right way. Gone from last years 8th grade club are Randy Maynard, Gavin Miller, Reese Ward, Jared Tackett and a few others. I look for Pikeville to continue to do well with whomever they have under the reigns as head coach.
IRISH4 Wrote:Well given that their 8th graders are now freshman and will be playing for the varsity and jv, I don't feel like they lost a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. They will be better, at the start of the season they lacked a lot of fundamentals but had a coach that tried to teach all the game of baseball the right way. Gone from last years 8th grade club are Randy Maynard, Gavin Miller, Reese Ward, Jared Tackett and a few others. I look for Pikeville to continue to do well with whomever they have under the reigns as head coach.

Those must of been the 4 keys. I know randy a little bit but i just know who the other ones are
Paintsville lost a couple bats in the lineup. but they still have a couple decent pitchers and fielders. They lost their 1st baseman,2nd baseman,Shortstop,and all of them could pitch, there hurting at the shortstop position Colby Burchett might have to step up and play there cuz no one else has a strong enough arm. But they have good bats, and some good out feilders. I look for them to be a team to beat along with Pikeville, and maybe Johnson County.
I hear Allen Central's getting one.
powell co. has been a middle school baseball power house for the past three years. but this year should start the down fall.
Is there Middle School Baseball in EKY? No school sponsored baseball until HS in NKY.
im not sure in magoffin is gettin a middle school ball team but if so...there will be a bunch a good pitchers on their team (me included)
Magoffin Co had a middle school team last year coached by Brenton Dials.
well magoffin (H.M.W.S) will have power and pitching this year...we have some of the better players from back in little league
Here in Letcher Co, we have a middle school baseball team. Just started it last year.