Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Do you believe in ghosts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll put my two cents into this thread later, but I want to hear if you believe in ghosts or not, and if you do, why so?

Please tell stories.
yes i believe in ghosts.. i have a few different stories...
Somewhat.

Story from an old journal entry written 5 minutes away from the time that it happened:

about 5 minutes ago lexie said something that compelled me enough to get online and update because i have to share this. today i took her down by the creek and we looked at the water and rocks and things. well, lisa (lexie's mom) just came up here to pick her up and mom told her that i took her down by the creek today. lisa asked lexie "what did you see at the creek?" i was almost positive that she would say water or rocks because that is what we had talked about while down there. but she didn't. instead her reply was "bubby gary". for those of you who dont know, bubby gary is my uncle and lexies great uncle that passed away in november! my mom asked lexie what bubby gary was doing at the creek and she said "talking".

Note: Lexie was probably almost 2 years old when that happened.
I believe heavily in ghosts. I am sure there was a friendly ghost in an apartment in which I used to live. It had 3 primary actions. The crazy thing was that it was very rare for these actions to take place unless you mentioned the ghost. Then almost on cue, it would perform one of the actions. One action was my kitchen sink. The handle would turn fully on with water gushing everywhere for a few seconds, and then just as mysteriously as it came on it would twist and turn back off. The second action was turning the TV on and off. It's not like someone sat on the remote either. The remote would be sitting on the coffee table and at a mention of the ghost's presence the TV would turn on or off. The third action was the random wild swinging of a hanging candle in the stairway. From time to time this hanging candle would start swinging very violently until it would hit a wall and the candle fell out of his holder.
That's cool tomcat.

After my uncle passed away, I wanted to see his ghost. I was afraid but I figured that knowing that he was still around like before would do me some good. I was thinking one night and I tried to talk to him and was saying that I would like it for him to come back in a way that would not scare me, I didn't want to wake up and him just being sitting on my bed or anything. I guess he found his way because at night, I always go and use the restroom before I go to sleep. After his passing, I felt like someone was in the dining room, looking at an angle so they could see me as I walked back out of the bathroom, after that happened a few times, I noticed that as I went to close the door behind me, it would stall enough as to allow someone from a distance such as the dining room to enter my bedroom behind me. Never again have I tried to push the door completely shut, I let it still close on its own so if he is entering with me, he can.

No need to shut my guardian angel out. I appreciate him still watching over me as he did when I was growing up.
I also believe in ghosts. After my grandfather passed away when I was 11, our home has had some mysterious things occur. Someone is always walking up and down the steps of a morning and I'm the only one there. The sound of him shuffling his feet through the kitchen and opening the refridgerator door. My brother actually saw him one night at the door to his bedroom standing there and he said it appeared that he was just watching him and it looked as if he was crying (my grandfather and I weren't really close, but we started getting that way just weeks before his passing and I always regretted not getting to know him). Probably the most unusual thing to occur was this past summer. I had some friends over one night and we were all hanging out and my alarm clock went off. Well the alarm clock was in the closet unplugged from all outlets and the radio to the clock was changing from station to station with the volume increasing and decreasing.
Not sure if I do or not. But, if you do, then what about heaven and hell and going there?
because of some experiences in my life, yes, i belive in some sort of life after death, i just dont know if i would call them ghosts or not.
Sure why not
CatDawg Wrote:Not sure if I do or not. But, if you do, then what about heaven and hell and going there?

The Bible does say that there are spirits here on Earth, so if you want to think about it religiously then you might consider them demons or angels instead of 'ghosts'.
i believe in ghosts.. I lived in a house that you could hear people walkin through when there was noone else to be walking and I have seen things that , well , you can just say you know it wasnt "someone" else in your house.. and among other reasons, but I do believe in there!
yeah i do...but thats b/c ive actually seen one...

not like the serious kind about relatives and friends that you guys have seen but ok...

i know these guys from grundy...and one time me and him and a few of his friends were at his house and it was on my bday which is like 2 days before halloween..so they were like u wanna go ghost huntin? and id never done it before so i was like sure...
so we went to this abandoned house thats like half burned down at like close to midnight...and started walkin around in it...and like things were happenin that was unnormal...like the doors openin n shutting and a scream and there were these footsteps followin us thru it...and i was scared so i wanted to get outta it, but josh n them werre like no not yet then outta nowhere a bat flew in so i just ran outta there...then my cell phone rang (cuz mom was like where the h*** are u...its like midnight) and she thought it sounded like someone was cryin but really it was like dead silence

but the 2nd time was on a booth scholar trip to williamsburg they took us on a "ghost walk tour" thing where they were tellin scary stories n stuff and walkin us around a graveyard and stuff and we were in the bus goin back to the hotel when i was just talkin to my friends n lookin out teh window when i saw a ghost on the other side of the window...and it was white and kinda see-thru...and it was just like this girl starin at us thru the window...and i just stopped talkin and lara goes did you just see that or was it just me? and i saw it and so did like 10 other people...
so we were just like wo...

but on that trip they told us if u ever wanna keep the ghosts away (like if its the bad kind) then put a towel under you door...
which we did and im pretty sure it worked.
ok sure
I believe there are spirits.
I do.... a couple years ago I was at one of my friend's party and we spent the night at her cousins house. There was about 10 girls there and we were watching a movie...well I got to a certain part and the tv went off...everytime we tried to watch the movie when it got to the same part it would shut off and the last time we saw a J come up on the screen which is the first letter of my friend's cousin that had died a year or so before. Later that night we were all sitting in the living room and heard a motorcycle outside and the front door opened (note it was locked) and it shut by itself just like someone had opened it and walked in. We all sat there in shock as the lever for the ice machine on the fridge went pack and we heard ice drop but we didn't see anything then just as before the front door opened again and closed and we heard the motorcycle going farther and farther away and then the tv came back on at the exact part in the movie that it had turned off earlier that night...it was freaky...
That is pretty scary.

Doors have actually opened at East Ridge on their own. Caleb was a friend of mine and he passed away this summer as you all know and one day my friend Nikki who teaches at East Ridge had 8 students gathered around her desk and out of nowhere a plastic football that were stored in boxes on the complete other side of the room came flying and landed near her desk. The thing was, 8 students were all that was in the classroom and NO ONE was on the other side of the room. Caleb had many classes in the same classroom the school year before but it was under a different teacher who now is in Tennessee.

At night, if I can't find the remote, I will get up and go to turn off my television. I push the button and the TV will turn off and when I get back into my bed the TV will turn back on. It has done this many times before.

My cousin was spending the night with us one night and I let him sleep in my bedroom and I took the fold out coach in one of our living rooms. I was laying on the edge of the fold out watching television when I heard something in the kitchen. I turned to look because there is nothing seperating the two rooms and I saw what looked to be a knome walking past the other end of the couch near the kitchen. The next morning I woke up and he told me that during the night my closet door had opened and slammed shut.

I always get up right before I go to sleep and go to the bathroom. After my uncle passed away, at night when I was coming out of the bathroom to go back into my room it felt like someone was watching me from the dinning room. I would barely push my door to let it shut the rest of the way on its own and after he passed away the door moved alot slower and it felt like someone entered my bedroom behind me.
That's pretty freaky...

One night when I was little I was at a friend's house spending the night and in the middle of the night I woke up and rolled over, not taking into consideration how close to the edge I already was so I rolled off the top bunk. I fell into a laundry basket, one of the really limp ones that's easy to bust and I woke up my friend. The weird thing was when I fell, I fell really slowly as if someone had caught me and was just gently setting me into the basket... the basket didn't tip over or bust or anything...and it didn't hurt when I fell like it should've since I fell off the top bunk.

Last night I had just hung my phone up and put it on charge since the battery was dying and I laid back down on the couch, hugged my pillow and closed my eyes to go to sleep...about 10 minutes after I heard footsteps coming down the stairs from my bedroom and into the living room where I was...I didn't open my eyes because I thought it might have been my step-dad so I laid there quietly, pretending to be asleep as the footsteps got closer to where I was, they stopped right in front of me and I felt a really cold burst of air come into the room, I just pulled the cover up closer to my face, still pretending to be asleep and then I heard the footsteps turn around, walk back out of the living room and back up the stairs...then I heard a door shut and that was it. I laid there about 10 more minutes trying to figure otu who it could've been...I knew it wasn't my step-dad because he was alseep and he makes really loud steps when he walks and the footsteps didn't go through the kitchen. So I got up and went to my mom's room and got in the bed with her and this morning I asked her if she came into the living room last night about 10 minutes before I came and got in the bed with her and she told me no that she was asleep and I woke her up when came into her bedroom. there wasn't anyone else it could've been and noone goes upstairs but me and I have to stay downstairs because of my leg...I have no idea who it could've been...or what it could've been.
I don't know if I believe in ghosts or not.. but at Morehead one night, when walking down the dorm hall to my room I felt like someone was looking at me. As I get closer to the end of the hall, I notice a reflection in the window. It looked as though someone was behind me, standing still. I'm still walking and moving my arms around, so I know it wasn't a double reflection... and there wasn't anything outside the window since I'm on the 4th floor. I turn around and of course no one is there. So I dart down the hall to my room as fast as possible. Freaked the hell out of me.
I believe in ghost and spirits. We can feel and sense things that we have represented as ghost. I believe that ghost are not always scary but sometimes warnings or even a helping hand. Spirits of people living and dead seem to be around us every day. I have felt presence of ghost and have seen them. They touch me , meaning my heart. I alway feel fear initially but have to investigate. I have heard a lot of stories but I will share this one for now. One nite i was out playing ball at like ten we saw a white glow that flew over and come to rest in the top of a huge mulberry tree. We sat and watched it for a couple hours never being able to find the source of the glow. We all began to exchange stories and finally called it a night. That morning at around six I heard a loud boom. I ran to look outside only to see dust. I walked out and as my eyes went towards the mulberry tree, I saw a truck wrapped around it. I ran towards the tree and found 2 of 3 passengers fatally injured. The other was half out of the door holding a cigarette with no fire in it. He looked at the crowd around the truck and said "My wife is gonna have a baby" then passed away. As I stood there I felt a chill go up my spine. I looked up the tree and watched the glow move up to the sky. To this day I wonder if that was a spirit or a ghost. Either way it was the marking of three people leaving this world.
Wow Hawk. I don't know if the light was involved in any of that but like you said, it did mark the place of 3 peoples' passing. That is a sad story to hear, regardless of the light or not.
ZMG Wrote:I don't know if I believe in ghosts or not.. but at Morehead one night, when walking down the dorm hall to my room I felt like someone was looking at me. As I get closer to the end of the hall, I notice a reflection in the window. It looked as though someone was behind me, standing still. I'm still walking and moving my arms around, so I know it wasn't a double reflection... and there wasn't anything outside the window since I'm on the 4th floor. I turn around and of course no one is there. So I dart down the hall to my room as fast as possible. Freaked the hell out of me.

I've heard stories of Morehead being haunted.
I know that Prestonsburg High School is haunted. I do believe in ghosts and had a few things happen to me as well.
I listed Prestonsburg as supposedly being haunted over in the General Discussion thread. I heard that while the school was either being built or renovated, can't remember which, that a man was killed by falling from a ladder or something. Maybe that is why PHS has a ghost....

Share some stories BCF4L.

I will read up when I get home on that list that I have and see what it says about Morehead. I heard that a dorm at EKU is haunted as well. Lots of college supposedly have students that have been murdered or commited suicide so they are said to be still in the dorms or hallways and such....
I have heard ALOT of stories about Morehead AND EKU...My step-dad said that some girl got thrown out of a dorm window at one of the places...not sure which...I have also heard the story about PHS...the same one you said tribe... I'll ask Balla when she comes back upstairs and see if she has heard anything but I'm interested to hear what you know BCF4L...share some with us!
I am going to bed for the night but tommorow I will look at the story that I have about PHS and see what it says and see if anyone can tell us more about it.
I do believe in spirits, whether there in the form of actual "ghosts" or not I'm not sure, but I believe in the afterlife.
tribe you ever find out anything on the PHS story?
This is off of a website. Here is the site. http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/kentucky.htm

Prestonsburg - Adams Middle School - A mysterious lady in black can be found roaming the hallways alone. Janitors have even heard faint cries or whispering in their ears. Doors can be found opening and closing by themselves and furniture even moves. Even the office camera tapes pick up the ghostly figure.

Prestonsburg - abandoned courthouse - there are now tours. Many tourists say that they have seen and heard two old men through busted out windows trying to escape who were put there when they were 16 for raping two girls at Prestonsburg High School in the girl's bathroom on the first floor.

Prestonsburg - Conley Fork - There have been sightings of a woman standing in the window screaming for help

Prestonsburg - Country at Heart - This story may not be completely accurate - Before the shop opened, there was an apartment building complex over the store (you can still see the abandoned apartments over the store). The owner claims that a woman murdered her husband (or the husband committed suicide) and was decapitated there. Even when the whole building was fully checked, the head wasn't found! The owner says that the bloodstains are still in the building (supposedly, the room has the only window that's broken facing the road). That room may be haunted.

Prestonsburg - Emma - Big Sandy Riverbed - Near the riverbed in the 1958, there was the nations worst bus wreck ever, killing over 20 children and the bus driver! There is now a little shack where it happened. Some say, at night in the little shack, you can hear screams. Prestonsburg School Bus Disaster - Caution this contains descriptions of the accident and the aftermath and may not be suitable for all readers.

Prestonsburg - Highlands Regional Medical Center- A worker at Highlands Regional Medical Center says that, sometimes, the lights will flash on and off whenever no one's near the switch (where she works). And, patience say that they see angels and dead people while they're there.

Prestonsburg - Prestonsburg High School - When the Prestonsburg High School was built a man was pushed from a ladder an was decapitated. Now in the old upstairs hallways you can here strange an unusual sounds and sometimes you feel as if someone is running into you when there is really no one there.

Prestonsburg - Slickrock - years back a mad man cut his brothers head off and put it on a fence now you can see every time it rains blood running down it. there is a lot of strange stuff that happens up that hollow
I do believe in spirits......My reasoning.....
See my grandma died in her own house and she was bed fast for 5 years, so my uncle, my mom, and all my family had to help take good care of her....Well after she passed away, my uncle bought this house dog, chiwawa(sp)...Well they went to sleep one night and this dog is house trained and NEVER would use the bathroom in the house....well the dog woke them up going crazy and barking and he was pee'ing all over their bed and HE HAS NEVER PEE'ED in the house before...well they looked and saw a outline of a shadow of my grandma and they said she came to the side of the bed and gave them both a hug LIKE SAYING THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF ME I AM ALL RIGHT NOW IM WITH JESUS......When they told me this story it sent chills all down my body and still does to this day...Pretty amazing I think....
My friend Kenneth drown many years ago and his aunt and uncle went to his gravesite to put flowers on it and they were headed back to their vehicle when his aunt turned around to say goodbye on more time and she saw an angel hoovering over his grave.
Pages: 1 2