Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins 2009?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
How many did they lose last year and they got any big names comin back
I think that the only impact players returning are Jake and Matt Gross. They have one freshman that stands out in my mind that will be good and that is Cody Holland. If he works on his mechanics and gets a little faster at 2nd base he could be one of the top middle infielders in the 53rd district in a couple of years...
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:Thoughts?

With all the seniors last year, I would think this would be a rebuilding year.
They had a left-handed first baseman that stands out as a good young player.
Don't remember many of the others. I would think pitching is going to be a big problem
FBIMAN Wrote:They had a left-handed first baseman that stands out as a good young player.

He is decent at best. I've played with him in Little League and he is very suspect at fielding and is very streaky in the batting department. Could possibly be good if he gets over himself and plays without thinking about what he can do for himself and think what he can do for the team. But we'll see this year I get to play 'em since we're in the same district.
Take the number of wins they had last year and subtract the games puckett, grimm, wilder, and stephens pitched, all there go ahead RBI's, and there momentum changing hits or plays and your left with...........???????.......... uh-oh ..............."gulp".............This could be bad.
The one +, new coach....... This guy was different, thrown out several games, smoked at practice and would do it at games, a good move to bring in someone else. Not to say he was not a good person, it just was not good behaviors. You cannot argue every close play with our umpires, they take it personally.
No matter what i can see Jenkins having a decent team this year. They have the potential.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Take the number of wins they had last year and subtract the games puckett, grimm, wilder, and stephens pitched, all there go ahead RBI's, and there momentum changing hits or plays and your left with...........???????.......... uh-oh ..............."gulp".............This could be bad.
4 players dont make a team, they were more people to make big plays besides them. You have to look at the little things that lead to big plays.
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:4 players dont make a team, they were more people to make big plays besides them. You have to look at the little things that lead to big plays.

I agree 4 players don't make a team, but whenever year in and year out you have a traditionally weak team like Jenkins then 4 players are capable of holding every stat on your team, and therefore, it is very possible for 4 players to be your team...
it will be a rough road ahead after looseing pucket
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:4 players dont make a team, they were more people to make big plays besides them. You have to look at the little things that lead to big plays.

Jenkins actually lost FIVE seniors from last years team - Puckett (ss-3b-p), Wilder (c-p), Stephens (2b), Grimm (3b-cf), and Hunsaker (rf).

For the last two seasons when Puckett was on the hill they were competitive with the good teams in the region, when he wasn't they got beat pretty badly. They had more starters / talent coming back than any team in the 53rd district in 2008. LCC, KCC, and Corida all return and gained more than Jenkins for 2009.
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:4 players dont make a team, they were more people to make big plays besides them.

That's what they said about football and basketball, too.
It will be nearly impossible for a team like Jenkins to ever be considered a contender for the regional title. The best thing they could do is to get on board and consolidate so they can keep up. If not they are going to be left behind and become the whipping boy of the 14th region..
tp23 Wrote:it will be a rough road ahead after looseing pucket
it dont matter if they loose him or not, he didn't do everything for the cavs i mean he was a good help but not the team.
They'll miss Coach Anderson more than they realize. But with Jenkins' small numbers and lack of little/senior league programs it will always be a challenge for them to compete.
jenkins didnt win many games last year when puckett wasnt on the mound. and imo it takes a decent pitcher to win just about any game and i dont know of anybody at jenkins that could step up and be that pitcher. so i dont see jenkins winning many games this year
what you talking about.. puckett was all jenkins had. they might win a total of maybe 3-4 games this year.. they will get spanked alot
because jenkins had one good player form a previous year doesn't mean other people cant work at it. I think they will do alright. just depends on how hard they work.
I do believe Jenkins will do fine.
I know everyone here probably disagrees with me but with a new head coach Jenkins will be fine.
BTW Anyone Know THe Starters For Jenkins This Year?
Anybody to watch out for coming from them this year?
i wish Jenkins the best of luck but i dont see them having a whole lot of anything this year.
Just like every sport this year for Jenkins, they lost way to much last year to be a threat to anyone. Good Luck to the Cavs tho!
MVP2 Wrote:Just like every sport this year for Jenkins, they lost way to much last year to be a threat to anyone. Good Luck to the Cavs tho!

Every team?
I think not. Let me remind you who the back to back 53rd ditrict champs are. The lady cavs softball team and were region runner-up last year.