Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Class AA Rankings -Week 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's alot of movement this week. Friday night saw the first loss of the season for Leslie County and the big district win for Sheldon Clark over Prestonsburg. Also Shelby Valley got smashed by Breathitt County for the Bobcats first win of the season. The top teams in the BGR Mountain AA Top 10, Belfry, Russell & Fleming County just keep on winning.

Until next week......

Go Pirates !
So a win over Pburg is still considered BIG?
yep, especially fo SC
A win over Prestonsburg is always big IMO.
I think that it is too...USUALLY....but when a team is 0-5....I wouldn't consider beating them that big of a deal. Esp. since they have lost to 3 class A teams. just me though :thumb:
Well I dont even think Prestonsburg has went 0-5 ever since the school has been opened I could be wrong BUT that would sound about right.....How could we check the stats on that or could we?
Just curious....anyone wanting to ax Derossett yet???
I've wanted to axe DeRossett since 2001 when they played Whitley Co. P-burg was undefeated and down by 3. They had the ball 4th and Goal from the 4 yard line. Instead of kicking a field goal to tie it, they decided to run a pitch to the HB which lost the game for them. Ever since then I said to axe DeRossett.

Anyways I still think beating Prestonsburg is a big deal for some of these teams because it doesn't come too often for anyone around here unless you're Belfry or Breathitt Co.
This is Sheldon Clarks biggest win since the 1995 Regional Championship game. They have really struggled the last 9 years. Now that they have beaten Prestonsburg, it has pretty much secured their #2 spot in the district and a first round home playoff game. I am happy for Shawn and his team.
Why axe the guy who has brought their program back to a dominant program in 2A football on a consistent basis? Last year Blackcats worshipped him aside from when Belfry came away undefeated. The Blackcats have capacity crowds at every home game, and also top notch facilities.
not that he isnt a good coach or anything, i do wonder about some descisions he has made in big games, i just cant figure out what has went wrong this year for him and his team, i havent seen them play a single game so its not up to me to bash him for thier performance this season....dont give him the axe just yet though, they are not out of it by any means
The best quote to use is what Kirk Herbstreit said reguarding Michigan last night:

"You just can't be great every single year"

At some point you are just going to find a team who just doesn't ahve it all workign and have uncorrectable flaws... and when this happens...coupled with a solid schedule... and the huge target P-burg has on their back on an annual basis, then something has to give.