Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central @ Southwestern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
they play at Somerset tonight 7:30pm should be a good game.
Not a good road trip for the Hawks -
yes should have been a good game, but coach sits best player on bench what do u think about that ? ad slone didnt even get to play after 2nd qtr.
Final tally of the four quarters--- Southwestern 78 PCC 37
kitty_cat Wrote:yes should have been a good game, but coach sits best player on bench what do u think about that ? ad slone didnt even get to play after 2nd qtr.
i was there AD had 3 fouls but she did play most of 2nd half.
2 14:00 minute halfs no quarters.
Luther Rackley Wrote:Final tally of the four quarters--- Southwestern 78 PCC 37

Ouch
Seemed to me the girls didn't know who was playing what position. Whose the point guard. I really couldn't tell. Several times in the game Harris would bring the ball down, call the play, pass to Thompson and she then would call another play. There needs to be one person in charge on the floor. The post also seemed to be lost. Someone was telling them where to be the whole game.

I realize they have a new coach and they need to get use to each other. I think when they work out the kinks this team will again be the team to beat in the 15th. This is an adjustment period for all of them. Don't get discouraged girls or Coach Fields. Talk to each other and things will work out.
I also heard they was kinda all over the place to, Why did he set AD out so much of they game, Was she in foul trouble?
This team does not even resemble the team from the last few years.In the past PC thrived on ball movement to create open looks under the bucket and from three point land. Coleman did a good job feeding the post and when doubled, Lowe would find the open player spotted for a three. That player was usually Ratliff and to a lesser extent Coleman or Pennington. Now Harris brings the ball down the floor and Ratliff and Coleman aren't there. Ratliff is at home and Coleman is on the bench. Whoever gets the first pass usually tries to force up a shot or turns the ball over. Slone gets frustrated because she rarely gets a pass and tries to force moves into double teams herself. So far Harris has controlled the ball well and Hatmaker has done a good job rebounding. Thompson and Pennington have to get themselves under control and play some team ball. At some point it may help to get the best defender on the team off of the bench and try to force the other team into turnovers instead of just making them. If so, Slone may even get some open looks at the basket. Right now the team is just to selfish on offense and lacks the defensive intensity of previous years. It is too early to write them off but they have a long way to go if they are going to reach their potential.
crawdad Wrote:This team does not even resemble the team from the last few years.In the past PC thrived on ball movement to create open looks under the bucket and from three point land. Coleman did a good job feeding the post and when doubled, Lowe would find the open player spotted for a three. That player was usually Ratliff and to a lesser extent Coleman or Pennington. Now Harris brings the ball down the floor and Ratliff and Coleman aren't there. Ratliff is at home and Coleman is on the bench. Whoever gets the first pass usually tries to force up a shot or turns the ball over. Slone gets frustrated because she rarely gets a pass and tries to force moves into double teams herself. So far Harris has controlled the ball well and Hatmaker has done a good job rebounding. Thompson and Pennington have to get themselves under control and play some team ball. At some point it may help to get the best defender on the team off of the bench and try to force the other team into turnovers instead of just making them. If so, Slone may even get some open looks at the basket. Right now the team is just to selfish on offense and lacks the defensive intensity of previous years. It is too early to write them off but they have a long way to go if they are going to reach their potential.

Am I understanding you correctly that Coleman is not starting and is seeing limited playing time? How do you put arguably the best defensive player in the region for the last 2 years on the bench? Definitely a change in styles. Defense wins championships is what I have always heard and seen.
This is true. So far she is on the bench. I am really not sure why unless he is wanting to find more offense. She has never been a big scorer but she has always been efficient; getting 7 or 8 points a game on 3 or 4 shots. She has always made the extra pass to open players though. I am not sure what happened to Kayla Ratliff either. This is very worrisome for a team that is wanting to compete for a regional title. Another big question mark is Olivia Hamilton? When will she be available and what will her role be?
I don''t understand this at all, Abby Coleman on the bench, not getting to start, thats CRAZZZY, she is one of the best players on defense in the 15th, I don't get it, Who is starting in her place? Is Hamilton playing post this year, or is she a guard?.. I still can't believe K Ratliff is not playing, Whats going on up there this year? I hope they get their act together soon, the first game is like in a week.
The difference could be the absence of Butcher.
Some of the girls I have talked to have just lost the heart to play.
I guess it takes a while to adjust to a new coach and for the coach to learn his players. Hopefully they get on track before they get too discouraged.
You all need to be calm. PCC will have a good team with a good coach. PCC will never be where they were. They do not have a player like Ratliff or Lowe and probably never will. Hang in there guys and work hard. They really need to focus on beating Phelps.
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
This team does not even resemble the team from the last few years.In the past PC thrived on ball movement to create open looks under the bucket and from three point land. Coleman did a good job feeding the post and when doubled, Lowe would find the open player spotted for a three. That player was usually Ratliff and to a lesser extent Coleman or Pennington. Now Harris brings the ball down the floor and Ratliff and Coleman aren't there. Ratliff is at home and Coleman is on the bench. Whoever gets the first pass usually tries to force up a shot or turns the ball over. Slone gets frustrated because she rarely gets a pass and tries to force moves into double teams herself. So far Harris has controlled the ball well and Hatmaker has done a good job rebounding. Thompson and Pennington have to get themselves under control and play some team ball. At some point it may help to get the best defender on the team off of the bench and try to force the other team into turnovers instead of just making them. If so, Slone may even get some open looks at the basket. Right now the team is just to selfish on offense and lacks the defensive intensity of previous years. It is too early to write them off but they have a long way to go if they are going to reach their potential.

I must disagree with you on some of your opinions.....I do not think the girls are selfish at all!!! These girls have played together since they were in the 3rd grade basically except for Hatmaker and Hamilton......Slone played with Harris, Coleman, Pennington, and Thompson in AAU........I do agree that the Coach needs to get Coleman back into the starting line up.....I think your starters should be Slone, Harris, Pennington, Coleman, and Thompson.........Hatmaker is a good player and has a good spark of energy she would be great coming off of the bench......I think the coach is really hard to adjust to....IMO he will be working alot on different types of defenses.....But These girls do have a long way to go to reach their potential but they will before the season is over.....I wish them the best of luck!!!!!
Just Ball It Wrote:I must disagree with you on some of your opinions.....I do not think the girls are selfish at all!!! These girls have played together since they were in the 3rd grade basically except for Hatmaker and Hamilton......Slone played with Harris, Coleman, Pennington, and Thompson in AAU........I do agree that the Coach needs to get Coleman back into the starting line up.....I think your starters should be Slone, Harris, Pennington, Coleman, and Thompson.........Hatmaker is a good player and has a good spark of energy she would be great coming off of the bench......I think the coach is really hard to adjust to....IMO he will be working alot on different types of defenses.....But These girls do have a long way to go to reach their potential but they will before the season is over.....I wish them the best of luck!!!!!

I wish them the best of luck too. However, just because they have been playing together for years doesn't mean they are playing well together now. They are fully capable but they will have to play together and look for the open man. It is still going to be tough to replace Kayla Ratliff as an outside threat. Coleman must have had a bad summer camp with the new coach to wind up on the bench. In short, PC is returning two starters instead of four and that is a big difference.