Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P4PChamp Wrote:Are there any decent non-fast food places to eat at in Pville?

Fiesta Place- Great Mexican Food
Mandarin House- Great Chinese Food
Mi Finca- New Mexican Restaurant That Just Opened in Downtown Area
THOMCAT Wrote:Fiesta Place- Great Mexican Food

Thanks to you as well. I like football but I like to eat also.

Forgot about those lol. Mi Finca may be difficult to find though. Isn't it down by the old courthouse? Mandarin House would actually by far be my favorite, can believe I forgot about it. It is most likely the nicest place in the surrounding area. The scenery in their is simply unbelieveable and the food is great.
i thought this thread was about football,not food,lol i am eating hungry..go eagles
cuppett777 Wrote:i thought this thread was about football,not food,lol i am eating hungry..go eagles

Ok, back to football. By my clock it is now 69 hours 6 minutes until game time.
Thanks again, Thomcat!
In the 2008 regular season, JC attempted 28 passes in 10 games (2.8 per) with 12 of those coming against Belfry. Only 10 were completed (5 against Belfry) That leaves 16 attempts, 5 completions in 9 games, 1.8 attempts per, .56 completions per. No interceptions during the regular season.

Highlands regular season *scores...

BIRDS 6 - 13 Cinti Colerain
BIRDS 14 - 0 Madison Central
BIRDS 17 - 0 Ryle
BIRDS 28 - 0 LexCath
BIRDS 28 - 0 Lou Central
BIRDS 28 - 6 Holmes
BIRDS 28 - 7 Hopkinsville
BIRDS 42 - 0 Dixie
BIRDS 54 - 7 Scott
BIRDS 55 - 0 CovCath
BIRDS 30 - 3 AVERAGE

*At Halftime

Since the playoff system began 48 years ago, in 1959, the Birds have appeared in the championship game about every two years (23/48=48%), winning about every 3 years (17/48=35%). Not a bad run, winning a 3rd of the championships over almost 50 years. All the while playing up.

JC lost 2 fumbles. BS lost 4 and had 2 passes picked off. JC still had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to win. PAINTSVILLE, Ky. -- J.J. Jude's touchdown run with about six minutes left to play Friday lifted Johnson Central past Bryan Station, 35-31.
Blau Vogel Wrote:In the 2008 regular season, JC attempted 28 passes in 10 games (2.8 per) with 12 of those coming against Belfry. Only 10 were completed (5 against Belfry) That leaves 16 attempts, 5 completions in 9 games, 1.8 attempts per, .56 completions per. No interceptions during the regular season.

Highlands regular season *scores...

BIRDS 6 - 13 Cinti Colerain
BIRDS 14 - 0 Madison Central
BIRDS 17 - 0 Ryle
BIRDS 28 - 0 LexCath
BIRDS 28 - 0 Lou Central
BIRDS 28 - 6 Holmes
BIRDS 28 - 7 Hopkinsville
BIRDS 42 - 0 Dixie
BIRDS 54 - 7 Scott
BIRDS 55 - 0 CovCath
BIRDS 30 - 3 AVERAGE

*At Halftime

Since the playoff system began 48 years ago, in 1959, the Birds have appeared in the championship game about every two years (23/48=48%), winning about every 3 years (17/48=35%). Not a bad run, winning a 3rd of the championships over almost 50 years. All the while playing up.

JC lost 2 fumbles. BS lost 4 and had 2 passes picked off. JC still had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to win. PAINTSVILLE, Ky. -- J.J. Jude's touchdown run with about six minutes left to play Friday lifted Johnson Central past Bryan Station, 35-31.

Actually Jude's interception was the first score of the game if my memory serves me right.
IRISH4 Wrote:Actually Jude's interception was the first score of the game if my memory serves me right.

I think he also scored the winning touchdown early in the 4th quarter. I've watched that game on tape several times since we played Station and have to play JC, and in my humble opinion Station outplayed JC and had the better squad, but Station gave the game away.

Yes I know JC fans that Dillon did not play in that game and that certainly could have affected JC's offense, but I'm not sure that even if he had played it would have been enough to beat Station if Station had played a better game and eliminated the fumbles, the poor decisions passing and the special team break downs.

The pass that Jude intercepted should never have been thrown by Station's sophomore qb and was a give away td. Likewise the kick off return for a td allowed by Station right after a score never should have happened and was another give away td. And Station's young qb missed several deep passes to receivers that had a least a couple of steps on the JC defenders. He connects on those and/or they eliminate the mistakes and breakdowns, and Station wins that game.
Station actually did a pretty good job handling JC's powerful and very good running game. Not sure what JC's total rushing yardage was in that game, but would have to think it was way below their per game average.

I think the Station players and coaches are going to spend a long off season thinking of what "could have been" had they not made the mistakes they made against JC and done a better job capitalizing on all the mistakes that Highlands made when they played them. Station in my opinion was the most talented team of the three, but as we all know, talent does not always win games. Which is something that the Highlands kids best be keeping in the forefront of their brains as they prepare for Friday night.
charlie22 Wrote:I think he also scored the winning touchdown early in the 4th quarter. I've watched that game on tape several times since we played Station and have to play JC, and in my humble opinion Station outplayed JC and had the better squad, but Station gave the game away.

Yes I know JC fans that Dillon did not play in that game and that certainly could have affected JC's offense, but I'm not sure that even if he had played it would have been enough to beat Station if Station had played a better game and eliminated the fumbles, the poor decisions passing and the special team break downs.

The pass that Jude intercepted should never have been thrown by Station's sophomore qb and was a give away td. Likewise the kick off return for a td allowed by Station right after a score never should have happened and was another give away td. And Station's young qb missed several deep passes to receivers that had a least a couple of steps on the JC defenders. He connects on those and/or they eliminate the mistakes and breakdowns, and Station wins that game.
Station actually did a pretty good job handling JC's powerful and very good running game. Not sure what JC's total rushing yardage was in that game, but would have to think it was way below their per game average.

I think the Station players and coaches are going to spend a long off season thinking of what "could have been" had they not made the mistakes they made against JC and done a better job capitalizing on all the mistakes that Highlands made when they played them. Station in my opinion was the most talented team of the three, but as we all know, talent does not always win games. Which is something that the Highlands kids best be keeping in the forefront of their brains as they prepare for Friday night.

Bryan Station had an awesome team and are going to 6A. The game Friday Night will be played by HHS and JC. The last time I looked no points are given on should have, could have, maybe. The score board will say 0-0 at the first of the game, nothing behind will count. The last several posts look like candidates to go for Matney's "disrespect" speech!
MonsterMan Wrote:Bryan Station had an awesome team and are going to 6A. The game Friday Night will be played by HHS and JC. The last time I looked no points are given on should have, could have, maybe. The score board will say 0-0 at the first of the game, nothing behind will count. The last several posts look like candidates to go for Matney's "disrespect" speech!

Que Rodney Dangerfield!Rolleyes
MonsterMan Wrote:Bryan Station had an awesome team and are going to 6A. The game Friday Night will be played by HHS and JC. The last time I looked no points are given on should have, could have, maybe. The score board will say 0-0 at the first of the game, nothing behind will count. The last several posts look like candidates to go for Matney's "disrespect" speech!

We get it. Johnson Central gets no respect. Be done with it and play some football.
JC can do this! It's not about what we say on here...it's about 11 players being ready to play "the perfect game" on Friday night, mentally and physically. I look for a packed eagle's nest! GO EAGLES! WE BELIEVE!

Oh I'm sure Matney will play the disrespect card to the hilt. Heck, if I said I thought JC was one of the best 5 teams in the country, Matney would try and twist it and say that I was being disrespectful to his team by not saying they are one of the top 2 teams in the country. Saying that Station was more talented than both JC and Highlands isn't exactly being disrespectful; quite to the contrary unless I'm being disrespectful to Highlands also. I'd hope by now that the JC players have learned to take Matney's "disrespect" speech with a grain of salt; either that or they are pretty gullible. IN BIG LETTERS SO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH JC AND E. KY FOOTBALL COMPREHEND IT: HIGHLANDS COACHES, PLAYERS AND FANS RESPECT VERY HIGHLY THE JC FOOTBALL PROGRAM, ITS COACHES AND PLAYERS AND KNOW THAT WE WILL BE FACING A VERY, VERY GOOD AND TALENTED FOOTBALL TEAM THIS FRIDAY.

Now can we lay off the disrespect stuff. It's starting to come off as very whiney and insecure.
charlie22 Wrote:Oh I'm sure Matney will play the disrespect card to the hilt. Heck, if I said I thought JC was one of the best 5 teams in the country, Matney would try and twist it and say that I was being disrespectful to his team by not saying they are one of the top 2 teams in the country. Saying that Station was more talented than both JC and Highlands isn't exactly being disrespectful; quite to the contrary unless I'm being disrespectful to Highlands also. I'd hope by now that the JC players have learned to take Matney's "disrespect" speech with a grain of salt; either that or they are pretty gullible. IN BIG LETTERS SO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH JC AND E. KY FOOTBALL COMPREHEND IT: HIGHLANDS COACHES, PLAYERS AND FANS RESPECT VERY HIGHLY THE JC FOOTBALL PROGRAM, ITS COACHES AND PLAYERS AND KNOW THAT WE WILL BE FACING A VERY, VERY GOOD AND TALENTED FOOTBALL TEAM THIS FRIDAY.

Now can we lay off the disrespect stuff. It's starting to come off as very whiney and insecure.

My post must have went over your head. The only whiney and insecure stuff I have heard is post after post about past years or games and past stats. They will not help either team Friday Night. I could read your last comments clearly, but you have not convinced me about respect, but it does not matter. We are very comfortable being the underdog.
MonsterMan Wrote:My post must have went over your head. The only whiney and insecure stuff I have heard is post after post about past years or games and past stats. They will not help either team Friday Night. I could read your last comments clearly, but you have not convinced me about respect, but it does not matter. We are very comfortable being the underdog.

It didn't go over my head at all. I understood the part quite clearly that said prior scores against a common opponent won't have an effect on this game. I agree. But it can provide good insight of how the two teams match up which is why you have heard post after post about past games this year ( I do agree that last year's scores are irrelevant).

And you are probably right that my post did not convince you that JC is respected because JC wants to think it is disrespected to use such as some type of motivational ploy. Matney would be playing the disrespect card if JC was playing the worse 5A team this week instead of one of the best, which I find rather comical.
just play ball go eagles..eagles are stronger and can fly higher than an old blue bird... go pirates
fballfan4life Wrote:JC can do this! It's not about what we say on here...it's about 11 players being ready to play "the perfect game" on Friday night, mentally and physically. I look for a packed eagle's nest! GO EAGLES! WE BELIEVE!

Great Post! Let's talk about Friday Night's game for awhile! JC needs to come out and establish a good sound running game, mix in a few passes, score often, keep the HHS offense in front of them and establish a physical presence. Hey this sounds like every week!
MonsterMan Wrote:Great Post! Let's talk about Friday Night's game for awhile! JC needs to come out and establish a good sound running game, mix in a few passes, score often, keep the HHS offense in front of them and establish a physical presence. Hey this sounds like every week!

On the contrary, I believe the Eagles need to control the ball with their running game and eat up most of the clock. Keeping the offense on the field to eat up the clock gives Highlands offense less time to score, along with less chances. Passes will not have to come later if JC is down a score or 2. Yes we do need to establish a physical presence, but that being in making blocks and staying with them. Along with lead blocking and hitting the hole hard and running hard.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:On the contrary, I believe the Eagles need to control the ball with their running game and eat up most of the clock. Keeping the offense on the field to eat up the clock gives Highlands offense less time to score, along with less chances. Passes will not have to come later if JC is down a score or 2. Yes we do need to establish a physical presence, but that being in making blocks and staying with them. Along with lead blocking and hitting the hole hard and running hard.

I agree we do need to eat the clock, but we must score. We will not hold HHS scoreless. Six miunte drives with a score would suit me fine!
MonsterMan Wrote:Great Post! Let's talk about Friday Night's game for awhile! JC needs to come out and establish a good sound running game, mix in a few passes, score often, keep the HHS offense in front of them and establish a physical presence. Hey this sounds like every week!

Not TOO many passes though. Too many passes was part of what got us beat against Belfry, especially on first down right after big ground gains. Incomplete passes on first down make it second and ten, and that's a lot harder than first and ten against a solid defense. We need to stick to our bread and butter as much as possible and use trick plays like the forward pass only when absolutely necessary. A wise old coach once told his team, "Only three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."
Diogenes Wrote:Not TOO many passes though. Too many passes was part of what got us beat against Belfry, especially on first down right after big ground gains. Incomplete passes on first down make it second and ten, and that's a lot harder than first and ten against a solid defense. We need to stick to our bread and butter as much as possible and use trick plays like the forward pass only when absolutely necessary. A wise old coach once told his team, "Only three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."

You are right on! Just enough passes to keep the defense off gaurd to help the run. And short passes, not home runs. Ball security is much easier to keep with the run. That is our game.
highlands win comfortably by 3+ good luck to both teams

You forgot the Carriage House Restaurant at the Ramada Inn. That is some very good food.
charlie22 Wrote:Oh I'm sure Matney will play the disrespect card to the hilt. Heck, if I said I thought JC was one of the best 5 teams in the country, Matney would try and twist it and say that I was being disrespectful to his team by not saying they are one of the top 2 teams in the country. Saying that Station was more talented than both JC and Highlands isn't exactly being disrespectful; quite to the contrary unless I'm being disrespectful to Highlands also. I'd hope by now that the JC players have learned to take Matney's "disrespect" speech with a grain of salt; either that or they are pretty gullible. IN BIG LETTERS SO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH JC AND E. KY FOOTBALL COMPREHEND IT: HIGHLANDS COACHES, PLAYERS AND FANS RESPECT VERY HIGHLY THE JC FOOTBALL PROGRAM, ITS COACHES AND PLAYERS AND KNOW THAT WE WILL BE FACING A VERY, VERY GOOD AND TALENTED FOOTBALL TEAM THIS FRIDAY.

make no mistake, no one associated with JC needs 'big letters' to comprehend anything! given, some may not want to see or hear what u have to say but we have no problem comprehending anything! And as for Matney's motivational tactics, that's his job! Im sure that Highlands' coach will also use a few of those tactics himself, their coaches, its what they're supposed to do!
Is WSIP radio going to be bringing this game live via the internet? Or does any one know who might be?
Dawg Family Wrote:Is WSIP radio going to be bringing this game live via the internet? Or does any one know who might be?

I heard they were.
Talked to relative of the head coach at Cov Cath and was told he thought if Highlands plays their game, he thinks they can win by 40. He said home field advantage will have JC fired up and if Highlands lets them stay in the game and fired up, that it could be closer but Highlands still wins. I was surprised by the point spreed he gave!
sstack Wrote:Talked to relative of the head coach at Cov Cath and was told he thought if Highlands plays their game, he thinks they can win by 40. He said home field advantage will have JC fired up and if Highlands lets them stay in the game and fired up, that it could be closer but Highlands still wins. I was surprised by the point spreed he gave!

Another great post for JC. This has to be the worst coach ever. Ok lets do the math, if HHS beats him by 50+ and he thinks HHS is 40 points better than JC, he should have played us close or beat us. Interesting but typical, but I think someone said he was an ex HHS player.

To his credit, someone told me he told a group Friday Night JC was as good a team as they have played all year.
Alot of positve information for HHS on this site, here is some JC information I just heard.

Welch needs two interceptions to break the state record. Welch has always performed well in big games. This bunch may throw his way for a change, could this be his night?

JC needs 170yds to break the state rushing record.

Anybody know if these numbers are correct? A victory is what we are after, but if we were fortunate to get the big win, these records would be iceing on the cake!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10