Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Corbin (2A 3rd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Predictions & thoughts?
I honestly believe this will be the game of the week, and a nail biter in general. Prestonsburg, I believe will come home with the Win.
Prestonsburg in a close one.
I would love to see the Blackcats take the win in this one...

Good Luck Pburg!!!
Brian Milam just said on Sports Overtime that this game is being played in Prestonsburg? I thought the game was in Corbin. Was this a mistake on his part?
Hounds 28-20

I'm basing that on the hope that tonight was Corbin's wake up call and poop the bed game of the playoffs. It should be a great game.
BCF4L Wrote:Brian Milam just said on Sports Overtime that this game is being played in Prestonsburg? I thought the game was in Corbin. Was this a mistake on his part?

He's gotta be wrong, as I understand the even number district #1's get home field.
Well Johnson Central plays at home next week and they are an even district #1 so I'm assuming Milam was wrong. Too bad, I'd love to see that game next week. Guess I will end up in Paintsville watching the Bluebirds pick apart the Golden Eagles.
Good luck Blackcats!
Corbin Rolls!
i say corbin in a close one at home
BCF4L Wrote:Well Johnson Central plays at home next week and they are an even district #1 so I'm assuming Milam was wrong. Too bad, I'd love to see that game next week. Guess I will end up in Paintsville watching the Bluebirds pick apart the Golden Eagles.

We shall see about your JC/Highlands prediction....but best of luck to the Blackcats!
Prestonburg 14
Corbin 24
good luck Blackcats
MVP2 Wrote:Corbin Rolls!

Let's see. I think last weeks pick was "Hunter Adams and the Yellowjackets ! "
So thanks for the pick this week ! Big Grin
canoeman06 Wrote:Let's see. I think last weeks pick was "Hunter Adams and the Yellowjackets ! "
So thanks for the pick this week ! Big Grin

I will be right this time, dont worry Wink. Good Luck both teams!
IRISH4 Wrote:We shall see about your JC/Highlands prediction....but best of luck to the Blackcats!
Oh trust me, I would love to see JC win. Besides Prestonsburg, JC and Belfry are the two other teams I really pull for. I would be as giddy as a school girl to see JC win, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I hope I'm wrong though.
This promises to be good 'ole mountain smashmouth football and has the makings of the game of the week. GO HOUNDS!!!
I agree that this will probably be close. I think P-burg pulls this off if all their key players are healthy. Pikeville played corbin real tough in week 15-23 (I know about improvements over time, and that was a long time ago), but Pikeville never competed with P-burg 41-0. The home field advantage goes to corbin, but I still think P-burg will answer the call and win. I hope they get Gearhart involved, he and Branham looked solid last night. they beat a pretty good Middlesboro team last night that played Corbin close 14-7.

Pburg- 28
Corbin - 13
BCF4L Wrote:Brian Milam just said on Sports Overtime that this game is being played in Prestonsburg? I thought the game was in Corbin. Was this a mistake on his part?

The game is at Corbin...Brian was probably thinking that Pburg is in a even number district like most other mountain teams, but as we all know, 2A is mis-labeled and Pburg is in District 7 instead of a traditional mountain district 8. I'm assumming that was his line of thought, but it's easily confused...
Prestonsburg 21
Corbin 28
i thought the game was at p-burg as well..
but going to be a great game but the winning team will be the one that doesnt ride the bus Wink
so picking the home team
I'll pick P-burg in a close one 20-16
Blackcats all the way!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I bet this will be one great and evenly matched football game! Almost wish I were going to see it Tongue
brain cramp Wrote:I agree that this will probably be close. I think P-burg pulls this off if all their key players are healthy. Pikeville played corbin real tough in week 15-23 (I know about improvements over time, and that was a long time ago), but Pikeville never competed with P-burg 41-0. The home field advantage goes to corbin, but I still think P-burg will answer the call and win. I hope they get Gearhart involved, he and Branham looked solid last night. they beat a pretty good Middlesboro team last night that played Corbin close 14-7.

Pburg- 28
Corbin - 13

It's Burchett.Wink
Corbin 35-22
Prestonsburg 27
Corbin 20

Go Blackcats Big Grin
I hope Prestonsburg arrives at Corbin plenty of time before kickoff. I think these long trips hurt a team at the beginning. We saw Middlesboro pull into Pburg around 6 or 615 last night. IMO that's not enough time to get warmed up from a long bus ride. If Pburg wants to be ready for the game, they need to leave Prestonsburg around 11AM, stop in Corbin no later than 3, get you a bite to eat, and just relax a little. Head over to the Stadium around 430 and begin stretching. This should keep the bus ride from affecting them.
This bunch of Blackcats has shown alot of maturity this year. I feel that they have brought there game each time and risen to the biggest challenges they faced. This battle is no different and if the Blackcats play like they have in each big game then you can wave bye to Corbin.
Pages: 1 2 3