Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central 13 - Mercer County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:Clap: Congrats to the Cougars on a long fought out battle.

The Cougars win with a 23 yard field goal from Charlie Banks with 7 seconds to go!

Conrats Cougars!
District Champs!!!
WAY TO GO! I knew you could do it. I still don't think the Cougars have peeked yet. I hope the best is still yet to come! Good luck next weekend against Whitley!
Way to go LCC. Congrats on the win.
Congrats LCC on the very big victory!

I'm sure the Russell fans will love this one.
YAY LCC!! Congrats from Harlan County!:Thumbs:
Congrads LCC. Looks like you get one more crack at Whitley County.
Big congratulations Cougars.
Hats off to Charlie Banks who came in to kick the FG with 01 seconds on the clock! (WITH A POSSIBLE CONCUSSION!)
Just got back from a nail biter. Banks kicks FG after leaving with concussion. LCC dominates first 3 quarters. Comes back from deficit after leading 10-0. LCC out gains Mercer 302 to 299 according to the Mercer radio station. Kudos to the defense.

Good luck next week.
Charlie is a Great Football, basketball player and just an all around athlete! But Charlie is a better person and I hope for the sake of his competiveness that he plays next week. I was telling some of my friends that his will to win is as much as I have ever seen in a player! Such a Leader!
Very humble young man who I hope the best for. Steve and Tommye are very proud of him. He is a product of their support and guidance.
2 great role models may I add for Charlie! Great defensive performance last night Cougars! Now that is called CLAWING OUT A VICTORY!
Congrats LCC
That may be the best High School football game I've ever seen in person.
Way to go LCC Cougars!!!!!! Here's your chance for paybacks. Beat Whitley.
LCC_Cougar Wrote::Clap: Congrats to the Cougars on a long fought out battle.

The Cougars win with a 23 yard field goal from Charlie Banks with 7 seconds to go!

Conrats Cougars!
District Champs!!!

They're NOT the district Champs. Whitley is. I heard the radio announcers after the game say they were district champs, too. We're back to the old playoff system. District champions are determined during the season.
Some heart Charlie Banks has with a near concussion to kick the field goal to pull a Willis Reed and keep the Cougars playoffs alive
What I found to be the highest achievement was that LCC had every opportunity to just pack it in and quit. The 4th quarter intentional grounding and safety that was questionable which then resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty putting Mercer in scoring range again. After all this, with 2:00 minutes left, the offense marches down the field and scores probably twice only to have no points result. Ultimately, Logan Johnson (freshman phenom) runs the ball to the center of the field to set up Charlie Banks for his second field goal of the game (or ever).

Mercer County had running backs who were probably the fastest that I've seen to the corner and turn it up the field. If the LBs and safeties weren't pursuing at full speed all night, MC had the ability to run all over a team. Kudos to the cougar defense for controlling the game. I don't think that MC completed a pass all night.

It seems that Letcher Central keeps playing their best game week after week and it will be interesting to see how they progress this week in preparation for the rematch with Whitley County.

Good luck LCC!!!!!!!!!!
I have been so impressed with this cougar team these past two weeks. These boys have stepped up and showed leadership and heart like a true team. I am so proud of them!

This game was an exciting one. Defense never gave up…Cornett, Frazier, and N. Adams were warriors and the defense as a whole stepped up big when mercer was down in the red zone. These boys make it count when they need to and I look forward to watching them lay it all on the line for the whitley county REMATCH

Charlie Banks played with more heart and determination than any highs school kid I have watched. He truly leads his team to battle Friday night after Friday night. He never gave up last night and didn’t let the small mistakes get to him. He is a special kid that is respected by his teammates, coaches, peers, and fans. He literally did not know where he was last night after taking such a hard hit….and hit the game winning field goal to seal the deal for his team. Big shout outs to M. Smith and R. Shepherd for being clutch at the end to set up the field goal for Banks.

Also wanted to comment on dustin brown. This kid has grown and developed into a huge factor on this cougar offense and defense. He is an impact player and a great kid! Keep up the work brown.

Last night was special…..these kids showed what they are capable of doing. Should be an exciting one next Friday. GO COUGARS!!!
I would have liked to seen this game.
Good game both teams. Fate had its way.
LCC_Cougar Wrote::Clap: Congrats to the Cougars on a long fought out battle.

Conrats Cougars!
District Champs!!!

Where do you get district champs?
Whitley won that several weeks ago.
palmer Wrote:Where do you get district champs?
Whitley won that several weeks ago.

That's what I was thinking.
Congrats to LCC and good luck next week!!
Congratulations LCC
:rockon:
maybe they forgot on who was district champs because they was so pumped after the win,i say they wont forget to easy after friday after whitley wins again..should be a good game
Whitley won the district. This is regional baby----tougher than district. LCC has had success at Whitley before. If Banksplays(very doubtful) then this will be a war. Even if he doesn't-- don't overlook Johnson's ability at QB. This kid is a winner also
Way to go Cougars! These guys have such heart and determination. Beat Whitley!
Windsprint Wrote:Whitley won the district. This is regional baby----tougher than district. LCC has had success at Whitley before. If Banksplays(very doubtful) then this will be a war. Even if he doesn't-- don't overlook Johnson's ability at QB. This kid is a winner also

He's playing.
like to see it be a game like they played against mercer..