Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 20 - Middlesboro 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great defensive game by Prestonsburg. If P-burg plays like this next week, P-burg could make it past Corbin.
Great job P-burg. Good luck next week!
Good job Cats good luck against Corbin
Congrats P-Burg. Good luck next week.
Good job P-Burg and good luck next week. Congrats Middlesboro on a great season.
Congrats Blackcats, Now Lets Go Beat Some Redhounds
Prestonsburg come out and scored 20 unanswered points in the 1st half. The Blackcat defense played wonderful tonight without Setser. Middlesboro never could get the offense going, but the defense showed up late in the 2nd quarter and really put the clamps down on Prestonsburg's offense.

Something has got to be done about the Blackcat offensive line holding so much. They had 4 touchdowns called back against Perry Central & Knott Central and had around 5 holding penalties tonight on plays were we either got the 1st down or was really close.

Setser, Craynon, and Gearheart scored for the Blackcats. I believe it was Adams that scored for M'boro.

Congrats Blackcats... great season Jackets!

On to Corbin!
Congrats Blackcats from Pirateland!
Great win Prestonsburg. Congrats to the Middlesboro kids for seemingly stepping up after falling down 20-0 to stand a fighters chance. I hate to see the season end for any kid and Hunter Adams especially. He was a pleasure to watch.

Corbin and Prestonsburg will be a doozy. IF Corbin plays like they did tonight, good luck in round 4 Blackcats. We still won 30-8 but it was the worst I've seen Corbin look all year other than the Middlesboro game. Bath County played hard but Corbin just didn't look focused tonight. Maybe it was the cold and maybe they were overlooking after 5 straight blowouts. I expect Corbin to bounce back and live up to that #1 ranking. This may have been the let down game and we still won by 22. I can't wait til Friday..it will be an exciting one. Fill your bellys up on Thursday, have a great Thanksgiving, be safe and enjoy your visit to Corbin...just not too much.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg come out and scored 20 unanswered points in the 1st half. The Blackcat defense played wonderful tonight without Setser. Middlesboro never could get the offense going, but the defense showed up late in the 2nd quarter and really put the clamps down on Prestonsburg's offense.

Something has got to be done about the Blackcat offensive line holding so much. They had 4 touchdowns called back against Perry Central & Knott Central and had around 5 holding penalties tonight on plays were we either got the 1st down or was really close.

Setser, Craynon, and Gearheart scored for the Blackcats. I believe it was Adams that scored for M'boro.

Congrats Blackcats... great season Jackets!

On to Corbin!
Congrats Blackcats, good luck the rest of the way, and to the Yellow Jackets for a good season. I didn't get to make it to the game. I was just curious what kind of def. game #8 did Brett Pittman have? Good luck the rest of the year.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Congrats Blackcats, good luck the rest of the way, and to the Yellow Jackets for a good season. I didn't get to make it to the game. I was just curious what kind of def. game #8 did Brett Pittman have? Good luck the rest of the year.

#8 was an amazing defensive player and made a lot of stops in the backfield. Wasn't that impressed with Adams, but the defense really keyed in on him.
Congrats Blackcats from a Belfry Fan.
HAROLD Wrote:Great win Prestonsburg. Congrats to the Middlesboro kids for seemingly stepping up after falling down 20-0 to stand a fighters chance. I hate to see the season end for any kid and Hunter Adams especially. He was a pleasure to watch.

Corbin and Prestonsburg will be a doozy. IF Corbin plays like they did tonight, good luck in round 4 Blackcats. We still won 30-8 but it was the worst I've seen Corbin look all year other than the Middlesboro game. Bath County played hard but Corbin just didn't look focused tonight. Maybe it was the cold and maybe they were overlooking after 5 straight blowouts. I expect Corbin to bounce back and live up to that #1 ranking. This may have been the let down game and we still won by 22. I can't wait til Friday..it will be an exciting one. Fill your bellys up on Thursday, have a great Thanksgiving, be safe and enjoy your visit to Corbin...just not too much.

It could have been a little of the play calling. That was terrible. And the Refs were the worlds worst and I hope we never see them again. They are middle school refs at the best.
Way to go Blackcats!!! Good luck next week!
Congrats Blackcats.. from another pirate fan!
BlackcatAlum, tonight it wasn't the Blackcat offensive line that was getting called for holding it was the wr's Gearheart and Sword. I know Sword had atleast 2 holding penalties that were called , and the run by Craynon out of the Bobcat formation was called back by a hold on Gearheart.
Congrats Blackcats!
OldTymer Wrote:BlackcatAlum, tonight it wasn't the Blackcat offensive line that was getting called for holding it was the wr's Gearheart and Sword. I know Sword had atleast 2 holding penalties that were called , and the run by Craynon out of the Bobcat formation was called back by a hold on Gearheart.

Point still stands, somethings got to be done because a holding penalty late in the playoffs could decide the outcome of the game.
Prestonsburg's defense held Hunter Adams to just 53 yards rushing tonight.

Great job Cats!
great job blackcats.i heard tonight that p-burg had added a new coach this year by the name of donnie ray,and that he had made alot of difference in how the players approach the game.maybe some school looking for a coach should take a look at this guy.keep them blackcats rolling donnie raaay.
big dog one Wrote:great job blackcats.i heard tonight that p-burg had added a new coach this year by the name of donnie ray,and that he had made alot of difference in how the players approach the game.maybe some school looking for a coach should take a look at this guy.keep them blackcats rolling donnie raaay.

youve also forgot to mention smokin joe chirico... both bring great attributes to the program
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg's defense held Hunter Adams to just 53 yards rushing tonight.

Great job Cats!

Middlesboro's stacked defense really begged to be thrown over. I'm glad the Blackcats could oblige. The jet playfake TE fade pass killed the Jackets all night. They never did cover it (or maybe couldn't with no safety back).

Prestonsburg's defense really rolled up its sleeves tonight. Lots of 3 and outs, sacks, pass break-ups, and an INT.

I thought the coaching staff did a great job protecting Setser, also. He had very limited carries, yet was a good contributor with his lead blocking and decoys. Here's hoping the leg is better next week.
Good job Cats!
Good luck next week.
A general comment here...

It's really great the way Prestonsburg has created a team identity capitalizing on its mascot.

It gives me chills when the players come onto the field in their black uniforms to the theme of the movie "Halloween".

Wink
Sounds like P-Burgs defense was all over them like a bunch of mad dog's. Bottom line is they just wanted it more.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:#8 was an amazing defensive player and made a lot of stops in the backfield. Wasn't that impressed with Adams, but the defense really keyed in on him.

To BlackcatAlum you may not have been impressed with Adams but prestonburg was certainly concerned about him, considering he had three and four players on him all night long. This is my theory take out Adams you win the ball game. He is a outstanding athlete!!!! Congratulations to Hunter Adams you have been a joy to watch and read about I hope to see you at the next level.
Claiborne Way Wrote:To BlackcatAlum you may not have been impressed with Adams but prestonburg was certainly concerned about him, considering he had three and four players on him all night long. This is my theory take out Adams you win the ball game. He is a outstanding athlete!!!! Congratulations to Hunter Adams you have been a joy to watch and read about I hope to see you at the next level.

Agreed. Hunter Adams IS the real deal. He just wasn't given much chance last Friday. P-burg keyed on him all evening.

CW...you sound like you're familiar with District 8. How do you think Prestonsburg matches up with Corbin ?
hope blackcats win going to be tough
Good Job Prestonsburg, that was a win well deserved.