Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: It's Official: Madam Secretary Hillary Clinton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hillary Clinton will be the new Secretary of State

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081121/pl_n...ma_clinton
yay!
It's "change you can believe in." LOL.
This is NOT official yet!!!! She has not been OFFICIALLY offered the position and she has not OFFICIALLY accepted this position. Yes, the speculation is that she will be offered the position and she will accept, but it has NOT happened yet!!

Frankly, I hope she does.
I think Hilary will be able to be a great asset to the new adminastration. Yeah Hilary.
Where's all this change Obama's been preaching for the last year and half, so far all of his nominees are past Clinton staffers or long time politicans.
Old School Wrote:Where's all this change Obama's been preaching for the last year and half, so far all of his nominees are past Clinton staffers or long time politicans.

Well, let's see....anything we get now is definitely going to better than what we had!!! His staff is not complete and I am sure, if he puts someone in there that don't have experience, you would be complaining about that as well. Why can't some people get past all of this and be supportive and give the man a chance. Let's give him the opportunity to do his job, and if he don't, then we as Americans can vote for someone else....That's what America is all about.
cheerdad Wrote:Well, let's see....anything we get now is definitely going to better than what we had!!! His staff is not complete and I am sure, if he puts someone in there that don't have experience, you would be complaining about that as well. Why can't some people get past all of this and be supportive and give the man a chance. Let's give him the opportunity to do his job, and if he don't, then we as Americans can vote for someone else....That's what America is all about.

I agree 100%. I will support him as my President. And I wll watch him closely because his frist messup its on. Because every miss step George Bush has made or will make he's bashed for it.
Old School Wrote:Where's all this change Obama's been preaching for the last year and half, so far all of his nominees are past Clinton staffers or long time politicans.

Exactly...Same ole politics. I do agree with another poster though, "it's better than what we have." But where's the "change you can believe in?"
I voted for her in the primary, I support her here fully.
cheerdad Wrote:Well, let's see....anything we get now is definitely going to better than what we had!!! His staff is not complete and I am sure, if he puts someone in there that don't have experience, you would be complaining about that as well. Why can't some people get past all of this and be supportive and give the man a chance. Let's give him the opportunity to do his job, and if he don't, then we as Americans can vote for someone else....That's what America is all about.

Since everyone voted for change then let's change, through out Barry's campaign he continually stressed the fact that we need change and promised that he would bring change, but so far his appointments are the sameones that have been in politics for years. Where's the change? To me that's politics as usual.

It's amazing that some on here have been blasting Bush and the republicans for the past 3 years or so on everything, not willing to work together for the good of the U.S.A., but now that Obama's been elected these same people want everyone to work together for the good of the U.S.A. Rolleyes
Kind of a step down from Senator, but I guess if that is what she wants. I think this may cause problems in the future. For some reason I have a gut feeling that this was promised a long time ago, if you remember shortly after Obama won the dem nomination. Hillary and Obama met behind closed doors, and I think this was promised to get her and Bill on board to do some campaigning.
Old School Wrote:Since everyone voted for change then let's change, through out Barry's campaign he continually stressed the fact that we need change and promised that he would bring change, but so far his appointments are the sameones that have been in politics for years. Where's the change? To me that's politics as usual.

It's amazing that some on here have been blasting Bush and the republicans for the past 3 years or so on everything, not willing to work together for the good of the U.S.A., but now that Obama's been elected these same people want everyone to work together for the good of the U.S.A. Rolleyes

that's right...we voted for change, so let's let the man get into office first before you start throwing stones. well...for one, I am glad that he is getting people with experience, with the shape our country is in....I am sure if he was putting "no-names" in there, you would be fussing about that too, so either way, you're going to bash him no matter what he does, right? And....although I did not vote for Bush either time, I still supported him...did I agree with everything he done, NO...will i agree with everything Obama does, NO...but he is our president...and we can only go up from here.
cheerdad Wrote:that's right...we voted for change, so let's let the man get into office first before you start throwing stones. well...for one, I am glad that he is getting people with experience, with the shape our country is in....I am sure if he was putting "no-names" in there, you would be fussing about that too, so either way, you're going to bash him no matter what he does, right? And....although I did not vote for Bush either time, I still supported him...did I agree with everything he done, NO...will i agree with everything Obama does, NO...but he is our president...and we can only go up from here.

People with experience over the last few years is why we are in the shape we are in (both Democrat and Republican)....yes, Republicans are going to bash Obama either way just like the Democrats have and are bashing Bush either way
ImagineThat! Wrote:People with experience over the last few years is why we are in the shape we are in (both Democrat and Republican)....yes, Republicans are going to bash Obama either way just like the Democrats have and are bashing Bush either way

So basically......no one is ever happy!!! ????? I was happy with Bush the first 4 years, it's the last 4 years that I've had the problems with. But, only time will tell and it has taken us 8 years to get to where we are now, so it's going to take awhile to get us out of all of this...heck, if the gov't dont' stop bailing everybody out, we are going to end up 15 trillion in debt.

Putting in place highly qualified people, then actually listening to their policy advice, their reservations about policy, this is a change.
ImagineThat! Wrote:People with experience over the last few years is why we are in the shape we are in (both Democrat and Republican)....yes, Republicans are going to bash Obama either way just like the Democrats have and are bashing Bush either way

LOL...the only difference is....the past few years...they were republicans!!!!! ;-)
good news
Good choice, but truth be told something like this was probably decided long long ago during the campaign.
Just when we thought it was safe to go in the water. Well I guess this shoots down the idea of not having to listen to her agravating voice for four years. And I do like the change we can believe in. Like change back 8 years ago. How many Clinton people is this guy going to bring in before people realize that he isn't about change. No politician is, they are about power and money.
launchpad4 Wrote:Just when we thought it was safe to go in the water. Well I guess this shoots down the idea of not having to listen to her agravating voice for four years. And I do like the change we can believe in. Like change back 8 years ago. How many Clinton people is this guy going to bring in before people realize that he isn't about change. No politician is, they are about power and money.

Thomas Jefferson (for example) had a history of letters and political activism. He wrote the Declaration of Independence, a pretty change oriented philosophy in a world dominated by feudal systems and tyrant rule. Before it starts, I am not comparing Obama to Jefferson, simply suggesting that "change" is sometimes brought by outsiders, sometimes fostered by "establishment" types who have waited for a day to "exercise" the burdens of their hearts and minds.
Obama must have read Sun-tzu quote "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" and took it to heart.Smile
Old School Wrote:Obama must have read Sun-tzu quote "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" and took it to heart.Smile

John F. Kennedy: "Forgive your enemies...but remember them."
If she's anything like Bill, then she should get the job done.