Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Freshman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Miller Produce some good innings as pitcher for the Panthers this year, If so, where is he going to be in the rotation?
i wonder who this is lol
who else besides layne pitches for pikeville?
luke huffman, steven layne, scott clevinger, scott mcDonald

Smile

but no miller couldnt handle a varsity game. His arm starts hurting in the 2nd inning then he throws wild, and that was in jr high
yea true he needs some jv games 1st before threw to the wolves
mullinstiger55 Wrote:luke huffman, steven layne, scott clevinger, scott mcDonald

Smile

but no miller couldnt handle a varsity game. His arm starts hurting in the 2nd inning then he throws wild, and that was in jr high
Clevinger is up in the air as to if he will play. And I don't think Scott has pitched an inning in High School.
steven layne has to be the ace in my opinion.....
Big Maroon Wrote:steven layne has to be the ace in my opinion.....

I think there is no question with Luke Huffman healthy who the ace is. He was the ace before he was hurt and he will be now that he is back. The barely had anybody last year throwing over 80 MPH, and when they did it was flat, so Luke coming back healthy is going to be a big deal once tournament time comes around.
im not too sure that pikevilles freshman class will be as strong as last years though... not just pitching but all around
Kneepad Wrote:im not too sure that pikevilles freshman class will be as strong as last years though... not just pitching but all around

I'm thinking they will be just as good or better
Who do they have that wasnt on the team last year?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think there is no question with Luke Huffman healthy who the ace is. He was the ace before he was hurt and he will be now that he is back. The barely had anybody last year throwing over 80 MPH, and when they did it was flat, so Luke coming back healthy is going to be a big deal once tournament time comes around.

Luke should be around 83-85, Layne Cecil 80-82, and Steve Lany 78-80 should be the top three. If Luke is on no question he is the ace. Lane and Steve are both solid Sophs who keep the ball down in the strike zone. Both should be very effective in the 15th.
Pikeville will be tough if they dial in.
Just because a kid throws over 80 mph doesnt make him an awesome pitcher. Although Huffman prob. is the ace. Steven Layne has a really good curve ball and great control. He could be just as effective as Huffman.