Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region games of interest first week!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breathitt vs Leslie plays the first game of the season. Should be a good match up between 2 pretty good teams that should be in the top 5 in the region.

Knott vs JBS play in the cordia tourney, should be interesting considering the transfer from JBS to Knott.

PCC vs Powell, right off the bat we will see how good these two teams will be. Should be a great 1st week of the season. Glad it's finally here!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Breathitt vs Leslie plays the first game of the season. Should be a good match up between 2 pretty good teams that should be in the top 5 in the region.

Knott vs JBS play in the cordia tourney, should be interesting considering the transfer from JBS to Knott.

PCC vs Powell, right off the bat we will see how good these two teams will be. Should be a great 1st week of the season. Glad it's finally here!

Breathitt and Perry Roll with JBS picking up a solid win.
JBS had a struggle in their scrimmage game with Wolfe County which was a big surprise. They may miss the girl that went to KNott more than everyone thinks. I think Knott will pull this one out.
dore20 Wrote:Breathitt and Perry Roll with JBS picking up a solid win.
We'll see I guess.
I just don't see anyone in the region "rolling" over Powell County this season, not if they're healthy. they may lose but it won't be in a "roll". They have a lot of experience and have Barnett back from injury. McFarland is hard to stop down in the paint. Of course, Coach Napier has always relied on an intense press to wear his opponents down, and if the Lady pirates can't solve that then they could be in trouble. But I think it will be a good game, especially for a season starter.
No team is going to ROLL over Powell this year. First of all Barnett is back and she is in the top 3 point guards, if not the best point guard IMO, in the region. McFarland in the paint, there is hardly anyone that can stop her and Rogers on the wing who can bust the 3 pointers. These 3 girls have a great talent and they are ready to put it to use.
dore20 Wrote:Breathitt and Perry Roll with JBS picking up a solid win.

Haven't seen Breathitt yet, did see Leslie play in Letcher this weekend.
They are a good team. Good shooters, good quickness, decent inside play and well coached. I think Breathitt will have their hands full with Leslie.
I look for PCC to struggle early in season, the Back girl is a very good player, but her youthfulnees will hurt for a while in high school.
I'll take Leslie in a close game over Breathitt, and Powell over PCC this early in the season.
when and where is the PCC and Powell game??
that could be a dandy worth attending. :]
Powell plays in the Queen of the Mountains tourney Dec 5th and 6th. I'm not sure which night they play PCC.
where is the tourney??
It's at PCC
PardonTheInteruption Wrote:Powell plays in the Queen of the Mountains tourney Dec 5th and 6th. I'm not sure which night they play PCC.

Brethitt-Betsy Layne, 6:00 Friday, Powell-PCC 7:30.
I look for Breathitt to win the Queen of the mtns. Tourney again this year. It will be them and Powell in the final game.IMO.
After seeing some early scrimmages, would have to agree Breathitt is the best team I've seen right now.(not seen Letcher yet, but know they will be good) Perry is struggling but will be better as the year gets longer. Can see Breathitt beating Powell in the finals too!
For U Wrote:No team is going to ROLL over Powell this year. First of all Barnett is back and she is in the top 3 point guards, if not the best point guard IMO, in the region. McFarland in the paint, there is hardly anyone that can stop her and Rogers on the wing who can bust the 3 pointers. These 3 girls have a great talent and they are ready to put it to use.

Breathitt will.
The PCC and Powell game was moved to Thursday instead of Friday.