Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Teams and players to watch this season?
Carla Booth at Sheldon Clark
Holly Harris at Pike Central
2 girls at Johnson Central can't think of their names
17 teams in the 15th and I really don't know what to expect yet. Pike County Central is supposed to be one of THE teams to watch along with Johnson Central. Paintsville always has a good team. East Ridge, Magoffin County, Phelps, Allen Central, Shelby Valley, Betsy Layne; it feels like it could be anyone's game. I know that some teams are very young this year so it could be a rebuilding year for them but I'm not counting ANYONE out for this season.
Belfry is always tough in girls basketball also.

Prestonsburg returns 1 starter from last years team and she is one of the better players not only in the region, but in the mountains as well and thats Linsey Fields.

The Lady Blackcats should finish within the top 7 or so in the region IMO.
Been hearing a lot about her. Hopefully she will have a strong team to back her to make the noise in the region.
AD Slone from Pike Central.
IMO JC is the best team in the region. Followed by Belfry and PC. JC has 4 or 5 of the top 10 players in the region in Wireman, Conley, C. Salyers, Meek, and B. Salyer.
Allen Central is not a top team in the Region at all. They return hardly anyone, and are yet a really young team. But Im sure in a couple years, they can go far.
I watched Valley play against Lawrence County on the 20th and they had a young player, Wright #3, playing at point guard that has improved a lot since last season. She has a ton of speed and a lot more control than she has had in the past. I think she will be one to watch....
The Lady Eagles of Johnson Central should be explosive. The five starters have been playing together for at least the last 8 years, besides what else would you expect from the reigning Regional Champs!
Johnson Central is returning all but one player. They should be deadly this season, with expectations to return to State. Good luck Lady Eagles!!!
JC is definetly the team to beat, Pike Central has lots of talent but also lots of ?'s with a new coach and just seeing if they can stay together as a team, Phelps could cause trouble for anyone in the region if they play together and play defense, don't be shocked if SV is right there also. I guess what I'm saying is it's JC and then everyone else. One question is K Ratliff in or out at PC?
Kayla Ratliff is not playing this yr, I don't really know why, But I think that the team will feel the loss on the floor without her, and Kayla Lowe, I also heard that 1 or 2 more girls have quit the team, I don't know why , or if they really did, But I do know KK, is not playing this year, Good Luck Lady Hawks, Hope you have a good season.
What about the Lady Tigers? They have alot of talent returning plus a new addition to their staff, none other than Les Trimble. They also have without a doubt the best freshman in the region in Vanhoose. I think this could be the year for Baldwin and his girls to play in Bowling Green.
Rim Wrecker Wrote:What about the Lady Tigers? They have alot of talent returning plus a new addition to their staff, none other than Les Trimble. They also have without a doubt the best freshman in the region in Vanhoose. I think this could be the year for Baldwin and his girls to play in Bowling Green.
if Trimble is such a good coach why did they run him off at Johnson Central and Lawrence ?
I think Johnson Central, Paintsville, Pike Central, and Phelps all have good teams with a lot of potential this year. Good programs and coaches backing these squads.
JC will be hard to top but Phelps will make some noise
I think five 15th Region teams are in the BGR EKY Top 20 so that's really good.
Phelps-Merissa Pruitt
Jonda Pruitt
Jasmine Hall
Katlyn Riley
I think J.R Vanhoose will take these girls far
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:Phelps-Merissa Pruitt
Jonda Pruitt
Jasmine Hall
Katlyn Riley
I think J.R Vanhoose will take these girls far

I agree. This team has been talking about for months. I look forward to seeing how they play this season.
Phelps should have a very solid starting line-up but they are not very deep. JC has a great starting line-up and the bench to go along with it. P C is back to being a possible spoiler but no longer a favorite. I also look for Valley, Betsy Layne, Paintsville and Sheldon Clark to have strong teams this year.
I heard that PC wasn't coming together as a team quite yet so until that happens I don't see them being the team that everyone was thinking in the pre-season.
Phelps, IMO, is going to go far this season.
I think sheldon clark is going to surprise a lot of people, they have a strong 5 plus good solid bench, looking forward to watching them
what do u think about east ridge
losing one of there main players
brittany swindall?
i think that it will be tuff but
they will be alright this year
with hard work
dedication
and teamwork
NIKE2010 Wrote:IMO JC is the best team in the region. Followed by Belfry and PC. JC has 4 or 5 of the top 10 players in the region in Wireman, Conley, C. Salyers, Meek, and B. Salyer.

I thought Wireman graduated last year?? I'm glad to hear she didn't though!
We sure need her! Big Grin
EagleBoom Wrote:I thought Wireman graduated last year?? I'm glad to hear she didn't though!
We sure need her! Big Grin

No, she's a senior along with Meek, Conley, Salyers, Salyer and Cherysh Workman.
Johnson Central does have at least 3 of the top 10 players in the region. Sheldon Clark KILLED Prestonsburg and everyone thought that they would be running neck to neck. Letcher Central was supposed to be a way better team than Phelps in my eyes but everyone seems to think that THIS is Phelps' year but outsiders aren't really seeing it so far. Pike County Central isn't coming together as well as they'd like from what I hear. East Ridge has no seniors this year and a very young team on the bench. I don't think that Belfry has the team that they would like to either and are perhaps in a rebuilding season. I'm interested in watching Valley play this season.
i know NO ONE will agree with me when i say this, but i know Magoffin has improved a lot since last season and has grown to be a very strong contender for the regional championship. Especially when u combine the talents of A. Hall, B. Adams, & F. Prater...ur gonna get one heck of a performance if they come ready 2 play their hearts out!