Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who's this regions top teams & players?
1. shelby valley ( loaded with gret players)
2. south floyd ( i believe they are goin to surprise alot of people in the 15th)
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who's this regions top teams & players?
It is only Nov. 18 and we have already beat this horse to death. Until the games begin nothing has changed!! Besides Shelby Valley has already been crowned the winner in the 15th!!!
I guess since everyone is playing for second I would say Johnson Ct. I do believe Pikeville may have been written off way to early, they may suprise as that group might play well together.
Shelby Valley
-Elisha Justice
-Ashley Hatfield
-Logan Bryant
-Devan Adams

Pikeville
-Matt Clevenger
-Devan Burchett
-Gatlin Clark

Belfry
-Ivan Lee
-Jordan Harriston
-Thomas Varney

Pike Central
-Michael Boyd Thompson
-Jimmy Meade
-Hobo McCoy
-Matt Adkins

Prestonsburg
-Michael Burchett
-Jody Tackett

Allen Central
-Hunter Crowder
-Josh Prater
-Tyler Hall
-Logan Crowder
I don't think Thomas Varney is playing this year. I believe he is concentrating on football only now.
BelfryPirates Wrote:I don't think Thomas Varney is playing this year. I believe he is concentrating on football only now.

He couldn't live his self down. Thomas has played basketball since he left the hospital, but I'll admit he's really good at both
If...Then Wrote:Shelby Valley
-Elisha Justice
-Ashley Hatfield
-Logan Bryant
-Devan Adams

Pikeville
-Matt Clevenger
-Devan Burchett
-Gatlin Clark

Belfry
-Ivan Lee
-Jordan Harriston
-Thomas Varney

Pike Central
-Michael Boyd Thompson
-Jimmy Meade
-Hobo McCoy
-Matt Adkins

Prestonsburg
-Michael Burchett
-Jody Tackett

Allen Central
-Hunter Crowder
-Josh Prater
-Tyler Hall
-Logan Crowder

Who is Tyler Hall??

Teams(Notice the gaps in between)
1.Shelby Valley-Huge Favorite

2.Johnson Central-----Good Teams
3.Pikeville
4.Prestonsburg

5.Allen Central----Average teams
6.Belfry
7.East Ridge
8.Pike Central
9.Sheldon Clark
10.Lawrence Co.
11.Magoffin Co.

12.Phelps-----Struggling teams
13.Betsy Layne
14.South Floyd

15.Piarist------need I say more

Players:
1.Elijah Justice-SV
2.Ashley Hatifield-SV
3.Michael Burchett-Prestonsburg
4.Devan Adams-SV
5.Matt Clevenger-Pikeville
6.Logan Bryant-SV
7.Taylor Newsome-SV
8.Logan Crowder-Allen Central
9.Tyler Newsome-SV
10.BJ Moore-Sheldon Clark
11.Hunter Crowder-Allen Central
12.Curby Tackett-SV
13.Jonathon Sheppard-Magoffin
14.Jordan Harriston-Belfry
15.Jody Tackett-Prestonsburg

Thats just my opinion on this.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Who is Tyler Hall??

3.Pikeville
4.Prestonsburg

6.Belfry
7.East Ridge
8.Pike Central
9.Sheldon Clark
10.Lawrence Co.
11.Magoffin Co.

13.Betsy Layne
14.South Floyd

Players:
1.Elijah Justice-SV
2.Ashley Hatifield-SV
4.Devan Adams-SV
6.Logan Bryant-SV
7.Taylor Newsome-SV
9.Tyler Newsome-SV
12.Curby Tackett-SV

You left out Paintsville (defending Regional Champs) on your list. I guess it was an oversight. Anyway, I personally would put them at the top of the struggling teams. They may move into the average team category you have or they may not depending on how they do after gaining some varsity experience under their new coach.
EKY Sportster Wrote:You left out Paintsville (defending Regional Champs) on your list. I guess it was an oversight. Anyway, I personally would put them at the top of the struggling teams. They may move into the average team category you have or they may not depending on how they do after gaining some varsity experience under their new coach.
Yeah it was an oversight. But I agree with you, #11 or 12 sounds about right.
well i think sheldon clark is the number 2 team in the region....jc doesnt have a chance they lost there play maker in jayrd crum....they have no one to run the offense..so how can u rate them 2nd...sheldon clark is the clear fav. to win the 57th and compete for the top spot in the 15th...they can go very deep on the bench they have 8 seniors...they are gonna be a great team this season.
23RJ, IMO You have Pikeville too high after all the top atheltes they've lost. I do hope Coach Williams works them hard and suprises the 15th. It's tough for a coach to have a good follow-up season after losing 2 Top Region players.

And I have never seen Pburg play to that high of potential. Yet.
wockawocka4 Wrote:1. shelby valley ( loaded with gret players)
2. south floyd ( i believe they are goin to surprise alot of people in the 15th)

:eek: :Clap:
IMO the best team in the region is SV. A distant second is JC.
Shelby Valley
If...Then Wrote:23RJ, IMO You have Pikeville too high after all the top atheltes they've lost. I do hope Coach Williams works them hard and suprises the 15th. It's tough for a coach to have a good follow-up season after losing 2 Top Region players.

And I have never seen Pburg play to that high of potential. Yet.

Pikeville have several young players that are going to surprise a lot of teams, such as Wes Rowe, Lane Cecil, Noah Hamilton, Anthony Evans, Taylor Ratliff, and Austin Owens. With some game experience, the tide could turn in Pikeville's favor.
I don't think that East Ridge will make a run at the regional title, but they have alot of potential. Go Warriors.
Wow, I can't believe I left Ian Welch from Johnson Central out, he's top 5, may bad on that.
If...Then Wrote:23RJ, IMO You have Pikeville too high after all the top atheltes they've lost. I do hope Coach Williams works them hard and suprises the 15th. It's tough for a coach to have a good follow-up season after losing 2 Top Region players.

There is still an awful lot of talent on that Pikeville team. And I would say that Matt Clevenger is no lower than the 3rd best player in the region, behind Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield.
A player from Prestonsburg everyone needs to watch for is Steven"Tayshaun" Patrick. As his nickname suggests he plays the former wildcat great. Steven was a reserve for the cats last year, but this year he seems to be the cats #2 option behind Michael Burchett.
Well lets see how many cupcake games Paintsville gives away this year. They just beat Allen Central by double digits. lol
wockawocka4 Wrote:1. shelby valley ( loaded with gret players)

lol people be realistic. i understand the raiders will be somewhat better this year but they are still 4th in the 58th IMO.
i think i would take elijah justice as the best player and also shelvby valley with the best team cause they are ranked top 25 state wide
and ooo yea ashley is a great player for shelby valley to
teams:
1. Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Prestonsburg
4. Allen Central
5. Pikeville

players:
1. Elisha Justice- Shelby Valley
2. Ashley Hatfield- Shelby Valley
3. Matt Clevenger- Pikeville
4. Ian Welsh- Johnson Central
5. Logan Crowder- Allen Central
6. Taylor Newsome (if he comes back like he was the start of last year)- Shelby Valley
7. Michael Burchett- Prestonsburg
8. Devan Adams- Shelby Valley
9. Hunter Crowder- Allen Central
10. BJ Moore- Sheldon Clark
If...Then Wrote:Pikeville
-Matt Clevenger
-Devan Burchett
-Gatlin Clark

Clark is playing??? I know he quit last year, but what made him decide to come back -- if he is playing after all?
jumpman_23 Wrote:well i think sheldon clark is the number 2 team in the region....jc doesnt have a chance they lost there play maker in jayrd crum....they have no one to run the offense..so how can u rate them 2nd...sheldon clark is the clear fav. to win the 57th and compete for the top spot in the 15th...they can go very deep on the bench they have 8 seniors...they are gonna be a great team this season.

Now come on... We will see on the fourth, when they play, I believe it is. JC's playing style isn't even meant for setting up plays and they aren’t longing for a play maker point guard either... What they lack on the perimeter they make up for in the post... But speaking of lack of, there really isn't that much of a deficit.. I'm sure the guards they have now can at least make an entry pass into the post or pass the ball up the floor and shoot layups. It’s either the Cards or Bulldogs for the runner-up spot.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Who is Tyler Hall??

3.Pikeville
4.Prestonsburg

6.Belfry
7.East Ridge
8.Pike Central
9.Sheldon Clark
10.Lawrence Co.
11.Magoffin Co.

13.Betsy Layne
14.South Floyd

Players:
1.Elijah Justice-SV
2.Ashley Hatifield-SV
4.Devan Adams-SV
6.Logan Bryant-SV
7.Taylor Newsome-SV
9.Tyler Newsome-SV
12.Curby Tackett-SV

How do you get phelps as a struggling team they are defending district champs they beat belfry twice last year and only lost to east ridge by 2 points in regional and they only lost two starters
If I had to rank the 15th it would look like this...

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Prestonsburg
4. East Ridge
5. Betsy Layne
6. Pikeville
7. Phelps
8. Belfry
9. Allen Central
10. Pike Central
11. Paintsville
12. Sheldon Clark
13. Lawrence County
14. Magoffin County
15. South Floyd
16. Piarist School
It has to be SV and JC at the top, then everybody else. Its up for grabs for third. Everyone has high hopes for there home team but common" BE REALISTIC ".
Pages: 1 2