Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who's this regions top teams & players?
of course Hazard and Kcc.
Estill!!!
RavenBoy Wrote:of course Hazard and Kcc.

Ummmm.... I think you need to do a little more homework. There are other teams that can contend with both of those schools. PCC and LCC for example. Don't count JBS out either as long as their starters are healthy..
Estill Co And Lee Co out of the 56th will be good
hazard is not only going to win region, but do well in state. We only lost two players over the summer, but neither were full time starters. and not to mention we have one of the best coaches if not the best coach in the mountains, Al Holland.
kcc- tate cox and stuart stamper
nuff said
Hazard, and Estill.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Ummmm.... I think you need to do a little more homework. There are other teams that can contend with both of those schools. PCC and LCC for example. Don't count JBS out either as long as their starters are healthy..
Since you said JBS, I now know you have no clue about basketball. :thatsfunn
ladypatriot55 Wrote:kcc- tate cox and stuart stamper
nuff said

Ummmm ok, im glad you know there names. But they still wont win region. They are two good players but KCC will do no better then 4th Behind Hazard PCC and LCC
dore20 Wrote:Ummmm ok, im glad you know there names. But they still wont win region. They are two good players but KCC will do no better then 4th Behind Hazard PCC and LCC

I didn't say they would win. We were supposed to list the region's top teams and players, and that is what I did. and 4th come on.. seriously??
ladypatriot55 Wrote:I didn't say they would win. We were supposed to list the region's top teams and players, and that is what I did. and 4th come on.. seriously??

i think lee co will be a lot better than what everyone is thinking this year, they have size with everyone in the starting lineup 6'2 or better and can run and shoot the ball well...their only downfall will be their defense which hopefully can get a little stronger as the season progresses..if they can D up and hit free throws they should be a tough team to beat this year. i would put them right up there with hazard and kcc
I totally agree with you Flash i really think that lee is underestimated this year they do have alot of size and their Defence will only get stonger, no team should out rebound this team.
well i think pcc is tha best and is going to suprise alot of people especially with demitri travis i think he can shut down whitaker with his lock down deffense and also with chris noble shooting the ball well it is goin to be an exciting season we will just ahve to see
Ball4life20 Wrote:I totally agree with you Flash i really think that lee is underestimated this year they do have alot of size and their Defence will only get stonger, no team should out rebound this team.

you are right, no team should out rebound them with the line up averaging 6'4..4 of their starting five can dunk pretty easy and their only downfall is their defense which isnt bad but i think really needs to improve
Any team needs work on defence you can never work to much on that aspect of the game, but yes i do agree i lee locks down and plays hard defensive ball they will be tuff.
Here's my 14th region top 5 as of today (it may changed tomorrowBig Grin )

1 Hazard
2 Lee County
3 Knott Central
4 Perry Central
5 Letcher Central

Breathitt County and Estill county will also be competitive and could move into my top 5 later. Things will start to sort themselves out after the X-mas holidays.
hazard and knott
ladypatriot55 Wrote:kcc- tate cox and stuart stamper
nuff said

Two players will win a lot of games around here during the season, but during the tournament idk about them. They will be good but when it comes to the region tournament no title for them.

Hazard should be the best team this year. SHOULD BE!!!
frankie21 Wrote:Two players will win a lot of games around here during the season, but during the tournament idk about them. They will be good but when it comes to the region tournament no title for them.

Hazard should be the best team this year. SHOULD BE!!!
I heard a great quote last night on the UK broadcast. 3 can carry 2, but 2 cannot carry 3.
Hazard should be the best, but I look for Knott to a contender.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Here's my 14th region top 5 as of today (it may changed tomorrowBig Grin )

1 Hazard
2 Lee County
3 Knott Central
4 Perry Central
5 Letcher Central

Breathitt County and Estill county will also be competitive and could move into my top 5 later. Things will start to sort themselves out after the X-mas holidays.
Breathitt has some work to do.
PCC soundly beat them tonight at the panarama in Hindman. But they may have a few players still playing football, so I'll cut them some slack.
Hazard-Josh W.
Kcc- Tate Cox: Stuart Stamper
Lcc- Banks
My 14th Region Preseason Rankings...

1. Hazard
2. Knott Central
3. Perry Central
4. Letcher Central
5. June Buchanan
6. Estill County
7. Cordia
8. Buckhorn
9. Breathitt County
10. Wolfe County
11. Powell County
12. Lee County
13. Jackson City
14. Jenkins
15. Leslie County
16. Owsley County
17. Riverside Christian
1. Hazard
2. Perry Co. Central
3. Knott Co. Central
4. Letcher Co. Central
BlackcatAlum Wrote:My 14th Region Preseason Rankings...

1. Hazard
2. Knott Central
3. Perry Central
4. Letcher Central
5. June Buchanan
6. Estill County
7. Cordia
8. Buckhorn
9. Breathitt County
10. Wolfe County
11. Powell County
12. Lee County
13. Jackson City
14. Jenkins
15. Leslie County
16. Owsley County
17. Riverside Christian
Owsley and Powell County both beat Cordia by double digits in panaramas (which I realize is only a scrimmage where coaches are experimenting).
But I iunderstand you rate according to how they did last year, so this is understandable.:thumpsup:
I've said this in other posts in other threads---the only team on this list that can safely beat Lee County is Hazard. A few others could, but it would't be an easy game. I don't think there's much differences between Lee, Knott, Letcher, and Perry. Only time will tell.
Also agreed i think Lee will be tuff, and i also think that some people need to see these kids play ball, they are one tuff bunch and any team that plays Lee will have a tuff 32 minutes to play as well.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Here's my 14th region top 5 as of today (it may changed tomorrowBig Grin )

1 Hazard
2 Lee County
3 Knott Central
4 Perry Central
5 Letcher Central

LEE at 2.....lol.... all the deserves is a lol... because that has no chance in he** of happening.
The Whitaker kid and Hazard should dominate.
My Preseason Rankings.

1.Hazard.
2.Knott Central
3.Perry Central
4.Letcher Central
5.Lee County
6.Estill
7.Breathitt
8.Buckhorn.
9.JBS
10.Powell
11.Jackson City