Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. Hazard, 11-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Bulldogs travel to the home of the Wildcats in the Wildcats first pre-season scrimmage of the 2008-2009 season. Thoughts and predictions?
So this game is on Tuesday? What time does it start?
Valley by 15+
Hazard may have several still in football....
My bad it is on the 19th, it was a typo when I said 18th, I need to look at the numbers more. It starts at 6. I dont know if there is a freshman game or not.
BlueSky Wrote:Hazard may have several still in football....

Do you know which key contributors besides Campbell play football?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Do you know which key contributors besides Campbell play football?
I believe Kidd and Adams.
Michael Campbell, Cory Martin, Josh Kidd are three I can think of for Hazard who play football. I am probably forgetting someone, but these are the three I think of right off!!!
why couldnt they play this last year?
Hazard will not even be near full strength. I know they will be starting at least one 8th grader. I am not sure why SV would want to scrimmage Hazard this early. They will get nothing out of it.
Football Fever, SV by 15+
bball fan Wrote:I am not sure why SV would want to scrimmage Hazard this early. They will get nothing out of it.

Who do you suggest they scrimmage?
bball fan Wrote:Hazard will not even be near full strength. I know they will be starting at least one 8th grader. I am not sure why SV would want to scrimmage Hazard this early. They will get nothing out of it.

If that 8th grader is Olinger, they probably won't have much of a drop off. Who do you think will be the starters during the regular season?
Hazard has way to much playing football, will be good for Valley to get out and play someone other than each other in practice. Always good to get a different look even if it's against weaker competition. Coach Holland will have who is there ready to play and they will play hard.
valley should win by 15+...elijah justice dominates the point gaurd position and ashley hatfield knows how to play forward and center well
Valley won by 11...
The King Wrote:Valley won by 11...

Any info? Who played well, stats, overall thoughts? Thanks!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Any info? Who played well, stats, overall thoughts? Thanks!

It was a competitive game. Valley led by 17 in the first half before Hazard made a run and kept it fairly close the rest of the game. For Hazard, Whitaker, Jones, and Warren had pretty good games. Valley gave up too many layups and offensive rebounds. Both teams played hard. I would liked to have seen these teams play during the regular season. It was fun watching Whitaker and Elisha. From what I recall, Elisha had 0 turnovers.
Someone said that Warren had 20, Whitaker 17, and Jones 12. Not sure on the stats for Valley, but I would guess that Justice and Hatfield had around 15, and Bryant probably had 13 or 14. Adams was in foul trouble for most of the game, so he couldn't really get into the flow... The score differential was between 10 and 15 basically from the start of the game on.
Sounds like the Dawgs did pretty well considering they don't have their whole team yet.

GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!!
Both teams are really impressive. Two very talented groups.
Hazard played pretty good to be shorthanded, due to football, only dressed 10 kids(four 8th graders, two of them started). Warren 20, Whitaker 17, Jones 12. Hazard missing 8 of their top 11 players.

Justice and Hatfield looked good for svalley, they have a really big team.
Thanks for all the info everyone!!!
CADEREECE Wrote:Justice and Hatfield looked good for svalley, they have a really big team.

I think it will take SV a while to adjust to the graduation loss of Jacob Bryant. Even though they have alot of talent returning, the offense basically ran through Jacob the past few years. They looked out of sync for most of the game and I think that may be the case until everybody gets comfortable and finds their role...
Did Taylor Newsome play for Valley?

If he did, how did he look, and does he seem to be back to 100%?

If not, when is he expected back on the court?
Taylor did play and didn't appear to be favoring the injured knee. He probably had 5 or 6 points...
The King Wrote:Taylor did play and didn't appear to be favoring the injured knee. He probably had 5 or 6 points...
Taylor played strong. wasn't afraid to dive after the ball or go strong to the goal. Looked good. He's back.
alleycat53 Wrote:Taylor played strong. wasn't afraid to dive after the ball or go strong to the goal. Looked good. He's back.

Taylor is a great kid and will always play hard. I'm glad he's back and healthy. It had to kill him to sit last year.
As someone that doesn't get to see these two teams as often as I'd like. What does this game say????? Hazard was clearly missing some key players, neither team would be near top form.........SO........HONESTLY, who wins a FULL team rematch? I'm not bashing anybody, simply asking NON-partisan fans their opinions... Thanks in advance!
I don't know what the scrimmage says, but I think the 2 teams are pretty evenly matched and either one could win on a given night...
Pages: 1 2