Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: "The Sports Guys" Tonight 7pm-9pm on WDHR...Post Questions Here!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Playoff Football thoughts & questions? UK thoughts from this past weekend? NASCAR? NFL?

You got questions? Let us know here...Post your questions and we'll answer them tonight on "The Sports Guys" airing on 93.1 WDHR & 104.5 FM TALK RADIO. Also online at www.wdhr.com

Let's hear ya!!!:Thumbs:
How is Joe's diet going? At the games, everyone and their grandma knows he is on weight watcher's. If Joe could play for Belfry, they would win every game. He could bore the opponents to death on both sides of the ball with his diet talk. Ha Ha, JK buddy.
What was harder to stomach this weekend out of the following options?

A) The three roughing the kicker penalties in the UK Vandy game

B) Michael Porter's ball protection in the UK vs. VMI game

C) Joe Kinzer actually hitting the Harlan vs. Allen Central game on the head with his prediction for a Harlan bowout against the criticism of the other Sports Guys??????
How well do you think Sheldon Clark will match up with Mason County?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What was harder to stomach this weekend out of the following options?

A) The three roughing the kicker penalties in the UK Vandy game

B) Michael Porter's ball protection in the UK vs. VMI game

C) Joe Kinzer actually hitting the Harlan vs. Allen Central game on the head with his prediction for a Harlan bowout against the criticism of the other Sports Guys??????

Kinzer gets one right a decade, Ha Ha, let him enjoy it. BTW, Kinzer has already called out the Belfry crowd to not eat at the tailgate this Friday so they can cheer louder and harder. I just found out the menu is ribs and chicken BBQ style. Too bad Joe won't get any.
bucslover68 Wrote:Kinzer gets one right a decade, Ha Ha, let him enjoy it. BTW, Kinzer has already called out the Belfry crowd to not eat at the tailgate this Friday so they can cheer louder and harder. I just found out the menu is ribs and chicken BBQ style. Too bad Joe won't get any.

No..thats why he called them out. So everyone else skips the tailgate and he can swoop in and clean out the place in anonymously
Sports Guy,
Something needs to be done about our football playoff system. Too many 0-10 teams going to the playoffs. Due to the 6 class system you have 6-4 teams sitting home due to a 5 and 6 team district and you have 0-10 teams advancing due to their 4 team dstrict. If your 0-10 you simply do not deserve to be there and with the playoff system we have, WAY TOO MANY 0-10 TEAMS going too the playoffs. An 0-10 team has absolutely no business playing a playoff game. I do not think going back to the 2 team format is the answer since 4 seed Bourbon county proved a 4 seed could win a state championship in 1997. What would be some suggestions for eliminating 0-10 teams that simply have no business being there. You earn a spot in the playoffs, IT SHOULD NEVER BE A GIVEN.
Thanks
F.N.L. Wrote:Sports Guy,
Something needs to be done about our football playoff system. Too many 0-10 teams going to the playoffs. Due to the 6 class system you have 6-4 teams sitting home due to a 5 and 6 team district and you have 0-10 teams advancing due to their 4 team dstrict. If your 0-10 you simply do not deserve to be there and with the playoff system we have, WAY TOO MANY 0-10 TEAMS going too the playoffs. An 0-10 team has absolutely no business playing a playoff game. I do not think going back to the 2 team format is the answer since 4 seed Bourbon county proved a 4 seed could win a state championship in 1997. What would be some suggestions for eliminating 0-10 teams that simply have no business being there. You earn a spot in the playoffs, IT SHOULD NEVER BE A GIVEN.
Thanks
You are right...What is your solution?
With the cougars traveling to Mercer Co. this Friday, do you see them coming out of Mercer with a victory?

Jshort5
Does JC have a chance to win state this year?
Does Raceland have the hardest road to get to Papa Johns?
Do you think we will see another Breathitt and Belfry game to see who goes to State?
Can Bell County get over the hump and win a state title?
Who has the best shot at Winning Class 2A in the mountains?
Powell county under 2nd year coach Mike Whitaker got Powell county high schools first ever winning season in the 21 year history of the Powell county football program. Powell lost in the first round of the playoffs to 1 seed Taylor county 29-25 with Taylor winning it in the final minute of the game. In just 2 season coach Whitaker has accomplished at Powell county what no other coach has by getting the first ever winning season in Powell history and having the first ever Powell county team to earn a play off spot and playing 1 seed Taylor county right to the wire and nearly pulling off the upset. In my opinion coach Mike Whitaker is the coach of the year because he came to a program that has never won and in 2 seasons turned it around completely
finishing 6-5 and almost winning their 1st round game in the playoffs. Mike Whitaker is the coach of year.
What are your thoughts on using neutral sites for State Semi-Final games?

With the prevailance of synthetic surfaces, the seemingly constant realignments, and the geographical breakdowns of the 6 class system it would seem to be a logical and fair fit. Additionally, since the KHSAA has insisted on pushing the start of the season back further and further, this would help take away any disadvantage a team may have from playing at home and also eliminate the controversial threat of watering the field down. What's your take?
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powell county under 2nd year coach Mike Whitaker got Powell county high schools first ever winning season in the 21 year history of the Powell county football program. Powell lost in the first round of the playoffs to 1 seed Taylor county 29-25 with Taylor winning it in the final minute of the game. In just 2 season coach Whitaker has accomplished at Powell county what no other coach has by getting the first ever winning season in Powell history and having the first ever Powell county team to earn a play off spot and playing 1 seed Taylor county right to the wire and nearly pulling off the upset. In my opinion coach Mike Whitaker is the coach of the year because he came to a program that has never won and in 2 seasons turned it around completely
finishing 6-5 and almost winning their 1st round game in the playoffs. Mike Whitaker is the coach of year.

I see my buddy is back, How are you big guy!Cool
How about this play-off solution?
Take the top 3 teams from each district.
Give the #1 seed a 1st round bye...
#2 vs. #3 First round( 2 games)
#1 vs. winner of #2 seed/#3 seed game 2nd round( 2 games)
Regional championship 3rd round

This would make for competetive games throughout the entire playoffs.
This would also reward the #1 seed for being the #1 seed bye giving them a 1st round bye. This would eliminate 0-10 teams in 4 team districts.
ttt
ttt
Hey guys...listening in here from Lexington

Hey Joe, Im on Weight Watchers as well....is that Belfry tailgate food on plan?...lol

My question: How do you guys see Belfry's matchup against Russell?
Belfry hosts Russell this Friday. Weather could be a huge factor this weekend. What is your predictions of this game?
Sports Guys,

Whats your thoughts on the Prestonsburg/Middlesboro matchup?
Page 300...lol Smile
What is the record for roughing the kicker/passer in a college football game, and since they have two weeks to work on it, can UK get the record against Tennessee?

Also, j/k with Joe about cutting his head off last week.Big Grin
How in the **** do you get the live feed to play, I've clicked on this for 15 minutes???
BelfryPride Wrote:Hey guys...listening in here from Lexington

Hey Joe, Im on Weight Watchers as well....is that Belfry tailgate food on plan?...lol

My question: How do you guys see Belfry's matchup against Russell?
Go to the game!LOL-J/K
F.N.L. Wrote:How in the **** do you get the live feed to play, I've clicked on this for 15 minutes???

Here's the direct link...
http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4st...hp?id=WDHR
jgrubby Wrote:Go to the game!

Patience grasshopper....patience
jgrubby Wrote:Go to the game!

oh, ha haSmile :moon:
F.N.L. Wrote:How in the **** do you get the live feed to play, I've clicked on this for 15 minutes???

Go to www.wdhr.com and click "listen live" at the top of the screen... If you are using firefox, it may not work...

Also, you can log onto to www.ekbsports.com and click on 2nd stream...
Thanks man, Just really wanted to catch your show.
Should Steve Ortmeyer be looking for a new career after Saturday's lackluster (to be nice) preformance on special teams?
F.N.L. Wrote:Thanks man, Just really wanted to catch your show.

Hope it works for ya now...Wink

Thanks Jamey!
Pages: 1 2 3