Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview @ Raceland (1A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Raceland and Fairview meet again, only this time in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The rivalry gets one more game. In the first match up, the half time score was tight, the final score ending at 37-12 in Raceland's favor. I expect a little bit tight game until the 3rd quarter, with Denton and Carver, leading the way again for another Raceland "W". My prediction?

Raceland 40
Fairview 18

Could someone add a poll for me?
raceland big
raceland wins this one
Fairview will go home after friday. Cant hang with the Rams. jv will have alot of playing time.
Fairview has good football team. They are one of the better 1A teams in the state. Unfortunately for the Eagles, Raceland is one of the top 2 1A teams in the state.

Raceland by 3 TDs.
Raceland 42-12
I think Raceland wins a close one. 28-21
Raceland by 10+
Rams 35
eagles 14
This game won't be as close as the last game. Raceland was dissapointed with their effort against the eagles the last time, it won't happen this time. Raceland fans were rooting for the eagles to win against Campbellsville so they could get their hands on the Eagles again. For Fairview to have a remote chance they need to come out and complete some passes early on our weak pass defense.
48-20 Raceland.
I believe fairview comes ready to play and gives raceland a run for the money until the 4th quarter then raceland just wears them down. Raceland wins by 12
I'll take Raceland by 2+ touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
The rams are the better football team and i think they will show that this friday. Coming off a slaughter of Cliton County, their starters will be well rested and ready to go while Fairview's starters had to play an entire 4 quarters to get a very good win over Campbellsville. I think Fairview's emotions will carry them till the play after the opening kickoff and the rams are off and runnin to a 44-13 victory at Ram Stadium!
Raceland. The margin is not important. No need in running up the score at the expense of a costly injury at this point.
Raceland 48 - 14
Racelands starters should see atleast 3 quarters of football, Fairview will not go away easy. This should be a good game for Tolliver to get some much need game reps. But I see raceland pulling away in the 4th quarter and bringing in the jv. Good luck to both and may all stay injurty free.
Raceland
The Rams are on a mission. Sorry, that Fairview is in the way. The Defense steps it up a notch, and BAM!!

Rams - 42

Fairview- 14
jgrubby Wrote:The Rams are on a mission. Sorry, that Fairview is in the way. The Defense steps it up a notch, and BAM!!

Rams - 42

Fairview- 14

rams win this one by atleast 2 tds
This game is probably going to be on of the shortest drives of all the playoff games. I think it may be about a 30 minute bus ride to raceland from fairview. Travel with have nothing to do with this game. Raceland should come out ready to play. I have a question for any Raceland fan. Has Raceland played a bad game all year?
haven't really played a "bad" game, but we've yet to put 4 quarters of football in. there have been games, where they came out flat, then picked it up, then had a few times there have been some let downs. they were up 2 or 3 scores in the LCA game and then in the 2nd half, scored 3 pts. luckily it was enough. in the ashland game they were up, then let em' back in it(mainly because of conditioning which hasn't been an issue since), in the fairview game, they came out strong as did fairview, then the rams turned it on in the 3rd quarter.

Since the Russell game, the Rams have looked better and better. That night i think they began to peek, but they've yet to reach their full potential. This weekend, watch for Raceland to score more and fairview to score less than last time. Still though, I feel the rivalry aspect keeps it tight in the 1st half.

Raceland 46
Fairview 12
Raceland proves they are too much for Fairview.

Raceland-52
Fairview-21
Its a freezing cold friday morning with the windchill bringing things down to 23 degrees as the high..its cold cold cold...and the sun is still out. this has all the makings for a met stadium type of game...no not teh Metrodome, but the "met" where teh Vikings played back in the till the 80s. Go get em' Rams...your District Champs...your Undefeated...and you could be the first Raceland team to ever win 12 games. Will any of this be enough to get you going? If not just take a listen to how many people think that you CAN make it all the way, and win. Thats right, its kind of quiet aint it? Its time to go out and win tonight and prove to everyone that you are capable. Put on another convincing win!!! Waste not, want not...you don't waste a bit of energy...fight on every play...go till the whistle blows and you'll want not...by getting that championship trophy in Louisville the 12th of december. Get it together play Ram Pride football and attack. To prove to people that you can beat Beechwood you have to play every game like the other team is Beechwood. Don't take any game lightly. Things get tougher as the weather gets colder...this is the time when great teams are defined. To play in Louisville in 3 weeks, you have to focus on Fairview tonight. Go get em'...Be the first to 12 wins...then the first to 13 and get the first regional championship...then the first to 14...then the first to get 15 and a State Title.