Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bring on the snow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently 39 degrees here with the forecast predicting a low of possibly 30 degrees tonight.

The rain is supposed to change over to snow tonight...hopefully in time for the UK game.
:):)
I am so with you CE... I would love to have a HUGE snow like I did when I was growing up.... The snows now are just "whiffs" so to speak!!! I know its too early in the winter season to get it now but before it's all said and done, I wish one good, honest, down to earth, SNOW!!!!!!
Freezing Rain in Letcher County right now....
I Want Snow!!
Going to freeze tonight at the game..CAN'T WAIT!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Going to freeze tonight at the game..CAN'T WAIT!

You can't wait to freeze???Smile :confused:

It's really trying hard to snow right now. It's windy, cold and freezing rain....Nuthin' better than it!!Smile
We live in KY!!!! aint gonna happen!!!!!
allseasonfan Wrote:We live in KY!!!! aint gonna happen!!!!!

But if it does you'll be ready because....You're an allseasonfan!!!Big Grin Big Grin
:Wave: :Wave: :Clap: :Clap:
Jshort5 Wrote:But if it does you'll be ready because....You're an allseasonfan!!!Big Grin Big Grin

Pretty good!!!
Great football weather. Should be a good one in Commonwealth tonight, and I am not looking forward to freezing at the game.
Jshort5 Wrote:But if it does you'll be ready because....You're an allseasonfan!!!Big Grin Big Grin

:Clap: Smile
All belfry fans remember the 2003 Semi-round game when it was a 10 degree windchill and blizzard conditions.
It's 45 degrees right now and pouring the rain. I don't see any snow tonight but tomorrow it is supposed to drop into the 30s and possible snow for the next few days.

phs, I'm with you. I want a HUUUUGE snow. When I was little we used to get snow that was hard to walk through and you could barely see my dog (Australian Shepherd) trying to make his way in the yard. We used to get FEET but it never happens anymore. Sad
County schools should get out pretty soon. lol

I'll sure miss the summer weather though when people actually got outside
no snow yet.. hmm
mrfootball03 Wrote:no snow yet.. hmm

It's supposed to be wrap-around snow showers. So after the rain gets through, the precipitation that wraps back around will be coming after the temps have dropped.

Supposedly.
ComfortEagle Wrote:It's supposed to be wrap-around snow showers. So after the rain gets through, the precipitation that wraps back around will be coming after the temps have dropped.

Supposedly.

i'm ready for summer! lol
I wish it would have snowed, maybe UK would have won.
It snowed some up here (Cold Spring) last night... roofs and cars still have a little on them now.
Getting a "little" flurry of snow here right now... it's melting as it hits though.... Sad
It's spitting the snow over here in Letcher County right now. Hopefully, it will keep snowin' and not stop.

32 degrees currently, wind NE 11 mph.
Me and my friend left lexington this morning and the roof of his car was covered with snow. Btw, froze to death last night at the game!
Has anyone heard that they aren't going to scrape the roads past 5pm this winter and not do the small hollows and forks? Someone told my sister that. If that is so then the roads will be extremely dangerous and school will probably get out a lot.
It was flurrying in Montgomery County.
thetribe Wrote:Has anyone heard that they aren't going to scrape the roads past 5pm this winter and not do the small hollows and forks? Someone told my sister that. If that is so then the roads will be extremely dangerous and school will probably get out a lot.

Not to get off subject or anything Tribe, but its, "hollers". haha, too me it is anyways.
thetribe Wrote:Has anyone heard that they aren't going to scrape the roads past 5pm this winter and not do the small hollows and forks? Someone told my sister that. If that is so then the roads will be extremely dangerous and school will probably get out a lot.

I don't know about Eastern KY, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is so. Lexington is buying less road salt for this winter because of the economy, and I would guess they're going to be a bit more picky about where they spread the salt/plow.

But wait and see, after years of mild winters, this one will probably end up being a big one and we'll be stuck here without road salt.
I want snow also, I would love to see a good snow
Heard on the radio that someone had hauled off so many tons of road salt in Illinois I believe and that the price had doubled I believe. So yea, I'd say they will use it less than before.

And it's spelled hollows, though I do pronouce it hollers in conversation. Smile

I would be so pumped to see a good two or three feet on the ground one day.
thetribe Wrote:Heard on the radio that someone had hauled off so many tons of road salt in Illinois I believe and that the price had doubled I believe. So yea, I'd say they will use it less than before.

And it's spelled hollows, though I do pronouce it hollers in conversation. Smile

I would be so pumped to see a good two or three feet on the ground one day.

OMG, so would I!! I can remember when I was younger, about 15 of us went to the head of the "hollow"...(TEEHEE), which BTW was uphill and rode intertubes all the way out to the road. The snow then was a little over 2 feet!! We lit a bonfire and had hot chocolate waiting on us when we finally decided to come in!! LOL... Kinda sounds like a Normal Rockwell painting doesn't it?? Smile
Pages: 1 2