Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Highlands (5A 2nd round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does the tomcats have a chance this week after the bluebirds get a scare ?
No, Highlands 42, Ashland 12.
I think ASHLAND will be done after this one.But I hope they win.
Highlands names the score in this one, and move on to play Johnson Central.
Sorry Ashland the road ends here.
Ashland has played some great football this year. In Ashland form, they've ran all over the place, and I think that Hunter kid has a bright feature ahead of him. The conditions in week 1 were sloppy wet and windy, all of which play into the hands of a big team like Ashland. I think its closer than people may think, but i'm going with Highlands.

Highlands 28
Ashland 7
Ashland has been a suprize since the season began. Highlands has been right on par until lastnight. I am near certain that highlands will have things clicking again for this battle. Ashland is a team with alot of heart and they have proven that through many trials this season. I will take the Bluebirds but they must not come out flat and give momentum to Ashland.
The basketball coach can start pratice after friday. I wonder if the Tomcats will have a good basketball team this year.
Hilbily Wrote:Ashland has been a suprize since the season began. Highlands has been right on par until lastnight. I am near certain that highlands will have things clicking again for this battle. Ashland is a team with alot of heart and they have proven that through many trials this season. I will take the Bluebirds but they must not come out flat and give momentum to Ashland.

Highlands would have been in realitively easy control of last nights game if not for penalties and fumbles. Do not look for Highlands to play two bad games in a row, and to have no problem with Ashland.
Hilbily Wrote:Ashland has been a suprize since the season began. Highlands has been right on par until lastnight. I am near certain that highlands will have things clicking again for this battle. Ashland is a team with alot of heart and they have proven that through many trials this season. I will take the Bluebirds but they must not come out flat and give momentum to Ashland.

I have been amazed at the size off the last 4 teams Highlands has played! Highlands is very small and still gets the wins. I think coaching is the big difference. Would love to see what Highlands coaching staff could do with the size and talent at Bryan Station, Madison Central or Louisville Central!
Highlands by 3 TD.
Well Highlands should roll in this one by several TD's. But anything can happen as we seen last night. But I doubt that Highlands has two bad games in a row, so I'll say Highlands.
Highlands 62-7
Highlands by a lot
49-14 Highlands.
Highlands will not stumble in this game as they win it BIG. 56 to 14.
Highlands names the score in this one!

Best of luck to both!
It might be a different story if it was @ Ashland

Highlands by 4 TD's, walking over the Tomcats to the Golden Eagles
Highlands wins this game big.
[quote=If...Then]It might be a different story if it was @ Ashland

I don't think it would make any difference if the game was at Putnam, it sure didn't make a difference to JC.

Highlands will definitely roll.....
The upset that will be talked about for years.

Ashland 28
Highlands 27
Highlands will kill Ashland. Last week was Highlands wake up call. They will come to play until the title game.
highlands wins this one big time and gets ready for johnson central next week!!!

highlands-56
ashland-14
Highlands 48 - 0
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well Highlands should roll in this one by several TD's. But anything can happen as we seen last night. But I doubt that Highlands has two bad games in a row, so I'll say Highlands.

I hope you are right about not playing two bad games in a row. Having said that, Bryan Station as Ashland knows first hand is a very talented and good football team. Not often that a team has better overall speed than Highlands, is as talented as Highlands and is well coached. Bryan Station was. Other than Colerain, they were the only team with enough speed to consistently get outside us.

If Ashland has a lot of speed (not just one player, but a lot of players like Bryan Station did) they will present problems for Highlands and if Highlands makes the same mental mistakes that they did against Bryan Station, the Tomcats will have a very enjoyable ride home.

But I don't expect Highlands to make those same mental mistakes this week. Plus Josh Conner, who fumbled three times in his first game back with significant playing time, should be much sharper this week with a game under his belt.

Looking forward to seeing the Tomcats and welcoming the Ashland fans to Ft. Thomas. Hope everyone has a safe trip, none of the players get hurt and we get to see a hard faught football game.
Highlands 42, Ashland 13.
Does anyone on here know if this game will broadcast over the internet? I looked at all the stations in Ashland but none of them were specific as to whether or not they would stream the game.
charlie22 Wrote:I hope you are right about not playing two bad games in a row. Having said that, Bryan Station as Ashland knows first hand is a very talented and good football team. Not often that a team has better overall speed than Highlands, is as talented as Highlands and is well coached. Bryan Station was. Other than Colerain, they were the only team with enough speed to consistently get outside us.

If Ashland has a lot of speed (not just one player, but a lot of players like Bryan Station did) they will present problems for Highlands and if Highlands makes the same mental mistakes that they did against Bryan Station, the Tomcats will have a very enjoyable ride home.

But I don't expect Highlands to make those same mental mistakes this week. Plus Josh Conner, who fumbled three times in his first game back with significant playing time, should be much sharper this week with a game under his belt.

Looking forward to seeing the Tomcats and welcoming the Ashland fans to Ft. Thomas. Hope everyone has a safe trip, none of the players get hurt and we get to see a hard faught football game.

Well Ashland is not a bad team at all, but they don't have the speed or numbers that Bryan Station has, so you can feel fairly confident of a Highlands victory. Playing home certainly won't hurt either.
Jeepman Wrote:The upset that will be talked about for years.

Ashland 28
Highlands 27

I hope you're right lol
Good luck to an old rival.Ashland
Pages: 1 2