Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Taylor Co. 29 - Powell Co. 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final!
DANG great game sounds like!
Congrats Taylor County. Great season Powell. Keep your heads up. I was cheering for you in this one and you almost got it done. Sounds like it was a great game the whole way.
Congrats Taylor.
Great Game Powell.
I Know A Lot Of Estill Fans Were Cheering For You Guys.
Lookin For Another Estill/Powell Game. =]
I Had An Entire Locker Room Full Of People Around Me Listening To Play By Play From My Cell Phone During The Final 7 Minutes Of This One.
Hats off to Powell you guys did not give up. We are ready for Estill next week
TC Card Wrote:Hats off to Powell you guys did not give up. We are ready for Estill next week
Well ya better be ready because Estill is in another league compared to Powell! Go Cards, play with intensity and discipline!
Powell co fans should be getting home soon cant wait to see what they have to say about the game.
Too bad Powell, sounds like a heck of a game. I was pulling for you.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Too bad Powell, sounds like a heck of a game. I was pulling for you.
Powell County really played their hearts out and should have won this game....They racked up a lot of yards but could not finish a couple drives deep in the TC part of the field....I will be interested to see how many yards TC gave up...The TC announcers said it was a bunch....
great job both teams.. powell, you've proven you can get a winning season, don't give up. practice hard in the off season, get in the weight room and try harder next season! we're getting there just keep your heads up!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Powell County really played their hearts out and should have won this game....They racked up a lot of yards but could not finish a couple drives deep in the TC part of the field....I will be interested to see how many yards TC gave up...The TC announcers said it was a bunch....

Powell would run the ball all the way down the field and tred to throw it from the 10 yard line 5 or 6 times. Powell should have scored 40 points. Sounded like the defense really shut Macon down the majority of the game. Why did Powell drive it 80 and 90 yards then try to throw it in from inside the 10 yard line? Defense must have played a great game, Taylor put 50 and 60 on most people thy played.
Why was Powell onside kicking every time. From what I heard they onsided it almost every single time and recovered only once. You put your defense in a bind trying to defend half the field after every kick off. Why go 4 wide receivers from the 10 yardline and throw it 4 times and out after you had RUN the football down the field all night and Taylor could not stop it?
Congrats Taylor County.
Sounded like Powell really played hard and did not quit. Defense must have played their hearts out to hold Macon in check. Taylor scored less than a minute to go on a long pass play to a double covered man to take the lead.
Powell was inside Taylor's 10 yardline 8 times and could not score.
TC Card Wrote:Hats off to Powell you guys did not give up. We are ready for Estill next week

I promise you, YOU ARE NOT. Estill will drive it down the field and you wont have to worry about them going 4 wide from the 10 after they have driven it 80 yards.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Congrats Taylor.
Great Game Powell.
I Know A Lot Of Estill Fans Were Cheering For You Guys.
Lookin For Another Estill/Powell Game. =]
I Had An Entire Locker Room Full Of People Around Me Listening To Play By Play From My Cell Phone During The Final 7 Minutes Of This One.

I was one of them! lol
F.N.L. Wrote:Sounded like Powell really played hard and did not quit. Defense must have played their hearts out to hold Macon in check. Taylor scored less than a minute to go on a long pass play to a double covered man to take the lead.
Powell was inside Taylor's 10 yardline 8 times and could not score.
He was not dbl covered. Our one safety got over there a little late. I think 8x inside the 10 might be a little skewed. Where ya getting your info. I was on the side and don't remember that.
I thought that Powell County had a chance to make a playoff run, although they didn't give up. Congrats to Taylor County.
From people who were at the game. Powell drove the ball on the ground several times and tried to throw it in from Taylor's redzone and could not convert. Why go away from the run when Taylor could not stop it.
:confused:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Powell County really played their hearts out and should have won this game....They racked up a lot of yards but could not finish a couple drives deep in the TC part of the field....I will be interested to see how many yards TC gave up...The TC announcers said it was a bunch....

:confused: They racked up alot of yards but could not finish deep in Taylor's part of the field.:confused:
F.N.L. Wrote:From people who were at the game. Powell drove the ball on the ground several times and tried to throw it in from Taylor's redzone and could not convert. Why go away from the run when Taylor could not stop it.

:confused: You got to be joking? If you run it down the field, you should run it in the end zone. Not try to catch the defense off guard and do something different. I hope this did not happen, Powell really could have made their mark with a playoff win. Great season anyway Powell, good bunch of kids, best of luck next year.
F.N.L. Wrote:I promise you, YOU ARE NOT. Estill will drive it down the field and you wont have to worry about them going 4 wide from the 10 after they have driven it 80 yards.

I can second that! Estill has not thrown the ball 20 times all year. Taylor needs to be prepared for the most physical ground game they have seen in a long time. No finess, no tricks, just run it down your throat. If you can stop it, you have a chance, if not, you know the story. Estill rolls to round three!
what happened to Billy Rice I read on the internet somewhere that Jesse Rose had thrown all 3 of there tds
Powell should have won this game. They had this win in the bag. But mistakes kept them from winning. Taylor was lucky to win, IMO. But congrats to Taylor on the win. Good luck next week...you all will need it.
catsfan08 Wrote:what happened to Billy Rice I read on the internet somewhere that Jesse Rose had thrown all 3 of there tds

No, Bill Rice had 3 TD's in the game. 2 to Jared Barron and 1 to Tim Hardy.
oh okay... that website needs to correct their stats
powells d played great...macon had 0 catches and broke one big run but powells offense had it in the redzone 4 times and didnt score...taylor won on a game winnin hb pass but they played hard...good luck against estill nxt week there strong and physical
F.N.L. Wrote::confused:

:confused: They racked up alot of yards but could not finish deep in Taylor's part of the field.:confused:

You have alot of interesting insight for someone who wasn't even at the game???? :confused:
This is a tough loss. It is worse, knowing that Powell was the better team. They moved the ball with ease all night. They just had too many let downs in critical moments. Great year with lots of good memories. Keep your heads up. See you next year. Lets come back and make some more history.
Good improvement for Powell this season, great bunch of kids and good luck next season.
Pages: 1 2 3