Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 28 - Bryan Station 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
wow great game BS.......looks like its gonna be a good one at the nest in week 3 barring an upset......cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow..I had a feeling that Highlands might overlook this team! Great teams find ways to win though!
Definite surprise.
Very surprising score, but champions always find a way to win!

Congrats Highlands... great game Bryan Station!
Was this Highlands wake up call. Byran Station about pulled the upset of the century.
Highlands comes from behind in the last 3 minutes of the game to win.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Wow..I had a feeling that Highlands might overlook this team! Great teams find ways to win though!

I don't know if they overlooked this team, but they sure played their worst game of the year to allow BS to have a chance to win. They had 5 to 6 fumbles(most unforced), bad play on kickoff returns, bad snaps on punts, very uncharacteristic penaltys costing points on the board and field postion. You win and move on, but can't be happy with the way you played.
Bryan Station is Big and strong...they are a good team.
I knew this game would be a lot closer than the predictions by most. I would like to see a tape of this game.
I'm waiting for FBall to take back his "sandbagger" comment.Big Grin
Congrats Highlands on pulling out the close one! Very surprised by the fact that Bryan Station had a chance to win it! BS is a very good football team, but I honestly didn't expect it to be this close! BS has improved during the year and congrats on playing a great game and almost pulling the upset!!
Wow! Congrats to Highlands and also to Bryan Station. BS was 13 seconds away from pulling off what would have been the biggest playoff upset in Kentucky high school football history (considering that HHS is the defending state champion, has been ranked first in Class 5A in all the polls for the whole season and is undefeated against Kentucky competition).

This game is eerily similar to the Highlands-Louisville Central game in 2007, except this year's "gut-check" game came one week later in the year! Central (like BS) was very athletic and was a better team than their record indicated. Everyone was predicting a HHS blowout (just as they were with the BS game) and HHS had to come from behind in the fourth quarter to pull out the win.

The good news for Highlands is that last year's Central game served as a focusing point and HHS rolled through the playoffs. We will see how the 'Birds respond this Friday against Ashland.
very shocked
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Bryan Station is Big and strong...they are a good team.

I totally agree here, Bryan Station is a great football team, loads of size and talent. I am JC fan, and even though I might make some Belfry people mad, Bryan Station was the best team we faced all year.
This just let them know that they can be beat now.
well if BS was the best team you guys played this year,that makes it more dishearting to get beat by a belfry team that most say is down this year.but there not,you own jc announcers said b4 the game that the score would be close the 1st half then jc rolls 38-14,then after the game says that belfry was the best team they seen all year,so which is it...i hope you guys go far,hope you win it in 5a
great game by both teams.
SuperSport Wrote:great game by both teams.

Highlands did not have a great game! They played terrible and luckily had a good drive in the last 3 mins to pull off a win. BS had a great game; played almost mistake free and almost pulled off a huge upset. It is amazing how small HHS is compared to the last 4 teams they played, yet still win. I think coaching has so much to do with it. Would love to see what Highlands coaching staff would do with Bryan Stations size and talent!
MonsterMan Wrote:I totally agree here, Bryan Station is a great football team, loads of size and talent. I am JC fan, and even though I might make some Belfry people mad, Bryan Station was the best team we faced all year.

I agree
I'm not going to make excuses on the Belfry game...but in my opinion..if it was played again i think jc would pull it off....Bryan Station was a more phsical team than Belfry i thought
IRISH4 Wrote:I knew this game would be a lot closer than the predictions by most. I would like to see a tape of this game.

Me too, sounds like it was a very exciting game!! Also, what happened on the last drive and how did they score? How much time was left when they scored? Thanks!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Me too, sounds like it was a very exciting game!! Also, what happened on the last drive and how did they score? How much time was left when they scored? Thanks!

Highlands started on about their own26 with just over 3 mins. They mixed in the run and the pass and stayed very calm. On 4th and 2 at about the 20, BS was called for 2 straight off sides. Highlands had the ball up to the 14 and was called for holding. With the ball on the 25 YD line (3rd down I believe), they threw a 25 yd TD pass to a wide open Collinsworth (18 seconds left). How do you not double cover best player on the team? BS got the ball back on the 40 with 18 seconds left but looked lost and confused. Their last play was a pass for about a 2 yd gain (why not take a shot at the endzone?). Yes it was exciting(better than a 40 point blow out). I feel like BS thought the game was over when they hit the field goal to go up one with 3 mins left. I was amazed at the size of the guys on BS! They have alot of potential D1 players. Some questionable coaching by BS.
MonsterMan Wrote:I totally agree here, Bryan Station is a great football team, loads of size and talent. I am JC fan, and even though I might make some Belfry people mad, Bryan Station was the best team we faced all year.
Not mad, but I do appreciate the laugh.Smile Must suck to get beat by an inferior team.Smile
Crossbones Wrote:Not mad, but I do appreciate the laugh.Smile Must suck to get beat by an inferior team.Smile

It does...trust me it does...but i honestly dont think Belfry could do it again if they played this season. Call it what ya want on thatSmile
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:It does...trust me it does...but i honestly dont think Belfry could do it again if they played this season. Call it what ya want on thatSmile
Don't have to do it again, already done it. If I won the lottery I wouldn't be posting on these boards either.Smile
sstack Wrote:Highlands started on about their own26 with just over 3 mins. They mixed in the run and the pass and stayed very calm. On 4th and 2 at about the 20, BS was called for 2 straight off sides. Highlands had the ball up to the 14 and was called for holding. With the ball on the 25 YD line (3rd down I believe), they threw a 25 yd TD pass to a wide open Collinsworth (18 seconds left). How do you not double cover best player on the team? BS got the ball back on the 40 with 18 seconds left but looked lost and confused. Their last play was a pass for about a 2 yd gain (why not take a shot at the endzone?). Yes it was exciting(better than a 40 point blow out). I feel like BS thought the game was over when they hit the field goal to go up one with 3 mins left. I was amazed at the size of the guys on BS! They have alot of potential D1 players. Some questionable coaching by BS.

Thanks for the details sstack!! :Thumbs: