Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best QB in the mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started one about the best RB, so who's the best QB??
Lewis - Clay
Bowling - SL
Stats alone, yes Lewis and Bowling are the best but everyone knows both of those teams throw the ball a ton. I think physically Lewis is more impressive than Bowling.
Seen them both and both can play not just put up stats.
Lewis-Clay
Olinger-Hazard
Bowling-South Laurel
Amis-Perry Central
Ratilff-Knott Central
Banks-Letcher Central
Haddix-Breathitt
Burchett-Prestsonburg
1. Lewis- Clay County
2. Bowling- South Laurel
3. Banks- LCC
4. Olinger- Hazard
5. Zachary- Bell County
6. Elkins- Belfry
7. Muse- Pulaski County
8. Burchett- Pburg

People forget about Bell and Belfry's QB's due to the system, but these boys can flat out play their position.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Lewis- Clay County
2. Bowling- South Laurel
3. Banks- LCC
4. Olinger- Hazard
5. Zachary- Bell County
6. Elkins- Belfry
7. Muse- Pulaski County
8. Burchett- Pburg

People forget about Bell and Belfry's QB's due to the system, but these boys can flat out play their position.
Good point there. Leadership and game management is juss as important as stats alone.
I'll take Charlie Banks ( but then I am predjudice for the Cougars).He is 100-147 passing for 1600yards and 18TD's. He has rushed 92 times for 700+ yds. and 16 more TD"s. He plays as hard as any kid that I have ever watched. He has led his team to a 19-4 record over the past two seasons and he plays with PASSION. Some have better stats----none have more HEART
1) Lewis - Clay Co.
2) Bowling - South Laurel
3) Amis - Perry Co. Central
4) Banks - Letcher Co. Central
5) Zachery - Bell Co.
6) Olinger - Hazard
7) Elkins - Belfry
8) Burchett - Prestonsburg
9) Muse - Pulaski Co.
10) McGuire - Pike Co. Central
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1) Lewis - Clay Co.
5) Zachery - Bell Co.
6) Olinger - Hazard
7) Elkins - Belfry
9) Muse - Pulaski Co.

I love my dores but Jordan Amis is not that good. He really dose'nt have much of a arm and all he dose is scramble around. True he is quick and can run but he would not be the best QB
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1) Lewis - Clay Co.
5) Zachery - Bell Co.
6) Olinger - Hazard
7) Elkins - Belfry
9) Muse - Pulaski Co.

Can't go wrong with this list!! IMO :rockon:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Lewis- Clay County
2. Bowling- South Laurel
3. Banks- LCC
4. Olinger- Hazard
5. Zachary- Bell County
6. Elkins- Belfry
7. Muse- Pulaski County
8. Burchett- Pburg

Great point. Zachery can do it all. It's just hard to get more than 5 or 6 passes thrown before the half ends.
Billy Rice from Powell Co. has really developed into a Mike Whitaker coached QB. He really knows how to manage the game and will have the chance to perform his skills at the college level IMO.
Lewis- best QB in Ky. and most prepared to play at next level. Last two years has developed into complete Qb instead of passer.

Banks- passion for winning second to none. Confidence and leadership will bode well at next level. Multi position potential.

Bowling- good short passer with solid footwork. Spread only has hindered development. Arm strength big queation ?

Olinger- Qb in a full backs body. Nice arm. Reading defenses and run first mentality sometimes hurts offensive flow.

Burchett- tremendous upside. Looks like a QB and has nice mechanics. Mental side of position needs improvment. Good player!
MVP2 Wrote:Lewis-Clay
Olinger-Hazard
Bowling-South Laurel
Amis-Perry Central
Ratilff-Knott Central
Banks-Letcher Central
Haddix-Breathitt
Burchett-Prestsonburg

I don't know what you are looking at. But Jon Combs is a better QB then Tyler Olinger.
Windsprint Wrote:I'll take Charlie Banks ( but then I am predjudice for the Cougars).He is 100-147 passing for 1600yards and 18TD's. He has rushed 92 times for 700+ yds. and 16 more TD"s. He plays as hard as any kid that I have ever watched. He has led his team to a 19-4 record over the past two seasons and he plays with PASSION. Some have better stats----none have more HEART
I agree, will miss him when he is gone.
cj2561 Wrote:I don't know what you are looking at. But Jon Combs is a better QB then Tyler Olinger.

what are you smoking...id like to get sum of it...hahaha
UKisN1 Wrote:I agree, will miss him when he is gone.

I will too, but I think logan is going to represent Letcher Co just as good as Charlie because he has a great coaches working with him. If we can get guys around him to produce results, and defense can get a little better.
OldDawg Wrote:what are you smoking...id like to get sum of it...hahaha

He done more in the 2 games he play in the Tyler did, his first 4 games.
How about putting some detailed stats to go with these names? It would help the rest of the state to form an opinion
Billy Rice-Powell Co

107-209 Att/Comp
1711 yds
18 tds
6 INT
If Bell had to throw the ball more, everyone would see just what type of arm Zachery has. He is a very accurate and strong armed young man. Put this way, he would be a huge improvement to what UT is fielding this year.
Isn't Banks from Letcher being recruited by Kentucky? I thought I may have read that somewhere but I'm not too sure. Can someone verify that?
He has been down there 3 times. Their interest in him is as an athlete. He hasn't been offered a scholarship by them but they are corresponding with him pretty much on a weekly basis. My guess is they are somewhat interested but will wait and see if their higher rated recruits sign or not. If they still have scholarships available when his name comes to the top---then they will offer. If they fill all of their needs with higher rated prospects then they won't. That's usually how all college recruiting works. He will play somewhere
I'll put Zack Wilson from Boyd Co up against any of those QBs.
Windsprint Wrote:He has been down there 3 times. Their interest in him is as an athlete. He hasn't been offered a scholarship by them but they are corresponding with him pretty much on a weekly basis. My guess is they are somewhat interested but will wait and see if their higher rated recruits sign or not. If they still have scholarships available when his name comes to the top---then they will offer. If they fill all of their needs with higher rated prospects then they won't. That's usually how all college recruiting works. He will play somewhere

What is some other schools that is looking at him?
Trenches07 Wrote:If Bell had to throw the ball more, everyone would see just what type of arm Zachery has. He is a very accurate and strong armed young man. Put this way, he would be a huge improvement to what UT is fielding this year.
OK ive heard it all now:lmao: