Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County - 38 Tates Creek - 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
This dont surprise me Bell County is good this year and I believe they will be state champs in 4A.
I honestly figured Bell would score more than that, anyone know if the starters played the whole game?
Bell should win 4A. But have to get over the hump. If the jv did play they have an excellent all around team to not give up any points in the last however many games they have played.
bac2369 Wrote:Bell should win 4A. But have to get over the hump. If the jv did play they have an excellent all around team to not give up any points in the last however many games they have played.

This is the 5th straight shutout I'm not sure for the season. And I think they're working towards a record for lowest points allowed, with this win that now puts Bell at 482-21 scoring over their opponents this season.

Good win Bobcats!
Congrats and good luck in the playoffs Bell Co.!!
sc06cheer Wrote:I honestly figured Bell would score more than that, anyone know if the starters played the whole game?

Weather was a definite factor in the lower score. Bell did not throw the ball as much. Conservative running game. Greer was not going to play, but it was Senior Night. He ran farely well with his tender ankle...and did not dress for the second half. Bell had a couple of fumbles, that thwarted two other drives. Merrick was 5-5 Pat's and within 4 or 5 of the all-time career total for KY. He also connected on a short field goal in last second before half. He is now 5-6 on last second kicks (half or end-of-game) in his career. Only miss was on 59 yd. attempt that was blocked. Bell's defense played a great game.
sc06cheer Wrote:This is the 5th straight shutout I'm not sure for the season. And I think they're working towards a record for lowest points allowed, with this win that now puts Bell at 482-21 scoring over their opponents this season.

Good win Bobcats!
Bell has seven shutouts in ten games.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Bell has seven shutouts in ten games.

thanks, I couldn't remember if it was 6 or 7.
Matt Simpson looked very good running the ball. He maybe the best of the bunch. He is finally healthy after injuring a shoulder in the pre-season.

Bell dominated the line of scrimage all night against a much bigger team. They looked really good.
grats bell co.
Matt Simpson WOW! May be the best running back on this team. Those comming to Log Mountain will be surprised.
Snare43 Wrote:Matt Simpson WOW! May be the best running back on this team. Those comming to Log Mountain will be surprised.

I think a lot of Bell fans are saying that right now. In all fairness Matt has not been healthy so that is probally why he has not got more carries. Good thing is that he is healthy now.
No suprise in Simpson. What about Catron? If he's the future Hilton might need to give him the ball more.
Future is just that....future. He had a much better game last week.
MHS Alumnus Wrote:No suprise in Simpson. What about Catron? If he's the future Hilton might need to give him the ball more.

Probably because he is NOT the back of the future.
MHS Alumnus Wrote:No suprise in Simpson. What about Catron? If he's the future Hilton might need to give him the ball more.

He has been the leading ball carrier for Bell 3 times this year??? That is a load of carries considering how many talented seniors are in front of him, Simpson, Greer, Goodin, Slusher and Harbin.

I think along with Davenport and Brown Bell's backfield is shaping up to be balanced again next year.