Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark - 41 Paintsville - 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Sound like a good game only question I have is how did Paintsville up 26 points, Defense needs to get better or Sheldon Clark might not make it out of the first round of playoffs.
Congrats Tigers!! That was a very good showing at the Rock in what many were predicting to be a blowout by the Cards! Way to stay in the game!
Very shocked at this score!
how did p-ville score 26 on sc defence
I don't think any teams have had trouble scoring on the SC defense this year.
Congrats to SC.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats Tigers!! That was a very good showing at the Rock in what many were predicting to be a blowout by the Cards! Way to stay in the game!

The Rock??? More like the Powder Puff!
No wonder people hate going there. Cause they get screwed every time. Has to be some the worst Officiating I have EVER seen. I would love to know what the penalty difference was tonight.
Paintsville scored their points tonight cause they came out and were hitting SC in the mouth. Paintsville played almost the entire game without 6 starters. Doderer alone had over 200 yrds rushing. As a team the Tigers had well over 300 yrds on the ground. The Tigers were down to their #4 QB tonight in the fourth qtr and still move the ball down the field and scored on SC. Tigers were making the hits around the line all night long but just weren't wrapping up.
BUT, I am so VERY proud of our subs and younger Tigers because they played their hearts out tonight against a team that was supposed to kill them.
The Tiger future is VERY promising! Way to go Tigers Great Job!
Everyone please remember Brandon "Bigen" Hensley in your prayers tonight. He had to be taken to the ER at halftime. He was hurt pretty bad on the last play of the half. If anyone has any updates on his condition please let us know.
OffTheHook Wrote:The Rock??? More like the Powder Puff!
No wonder people hate going there. Cause they get screwed every time. Has to be some the worst Officiating I have EVER seen. I would love to know what the penalty difference was tonight.
Paintsville scored their points tonight cause they came out and were hitting SC in the mouth. Paintsville played almost the entire game without 6 starters. Doderer alone had over 200 yrds rushing. As a team the Tigers had well over 300 yrds on the ground. The Tigers were down to their #4 QB tonight in the fourth qtr and still move the ball down the field and scored on SC. Tigers were making the hits around the line all night long but just weren't wrapping up.
BUT, I am so VERY proud of our subs and younger Tigers because they played their hearts out tonight against a team that was supposed to kill them.
The Tiger future is VERY promising! Way to go Tigers Great Job!
Everyone please remember Brandon "Bigen" Hensley in your prayers tonight. He had to be taken to the ER at halftime. He was hurt pretty bad on the last play of the half. If anyone has any updates on his condition please let us know.

If you payed attention the Cards lost Kelly in the 3rd quarter and that last TD you guys got was on out JV. SC also had 4 fumbles in the game, but i will give you guys credit you came out to win to tonight and you showed it and i was impressed somewhat. But Sc has been of a week and came out flat, Hager will not let this happen again and SC had a player go to the ER after the game due to what we think are broke ribs. But G/L to P'Ville in the playoffs i think you guys can make a run if you played like you did tonight.
BatCat11 Wrote:If you payed attention the Cards lost Kelly in the 3rd quarter and that last TD you guys got was on out JV. SC also had 4 fumbles in the game, but i will give you guys credit you came out to win to tonight and you showed it and i was impressed somewhat. But Sc has been of a week and came out flat, Hager will not let this happen again and SC had a player go to the ER after the game due to what we think are broke ribs. But G/L to P'Ville in the playoffs i think you guys can make a run if you played like you did tonight.

I did pay attention. If you would pay attention, I said that the Tigers were without 6 starters. The cards lost one in the third. Big difference.
OffTheHook Wrote:I did pay attention. If you would pay attention, I said that the Tigers were without 6 starters. The cards lost one in the third. Big difference.

How many seniors do you all have OTH
I don't know how you guys could complain about calls. The Tigers were holding all night and they never made a call. If the Cards were playing their best, you guys would have never scored. If they don't wake up and do something they are in trouble. I hope they wake up soon, playoffs start Friday. Good luck Cards.
Thank you BatCat11 for the kind words. As for cardinal mom... we can agree on something.. the officiating in this one was an embarassment to Brigid DeVries and the KHSAA. If we held and weren't called for it, I'd like to know when .... but this ISN'T ABOUT SC...or even PHS, it's about the guys in stripes... sorry to say it, but it was and that's a shame. (I was gonna name names, but can't remember if that's allowed and I'm too tired to look it up... we all know who they are...)
My Daddy always told me that in order to be the best, one should always try to be 10x's better than their opponent.... I agree with him, but that can prove to be very difficult when you play & must contend with bad officiating.
We came out to win tonight, played the best we've played in a long time. We played without players all night long, we still battled... from Seniors to Freshmen, we never gave up, and neither did the cards. It was a good game.
I've never actually felt like or believed a group of men, who are entrusted with our teams well being, could or would actually try to determine the outcome of any given game, but this bunch treated our kids tonight, like nothing I've ever seen... well, maybe I have seen it... last week and I believe these same men were officiating that game too.... if this is the case, hopefully the tape will be sent along for review. I would never want this to happen to our team again or to any other team for that matter. I understand this is just high school football, but the kids work too hard, care too much, and do not deserve this. Either clean up your act, get additional help with your skills, or try officiating something else... maybe "tiddly winks" in some other region.
Great looking field... realize you'll add other amenities in time, good game, good luck to the cards, prayers to all injured players for both teams and Go Big Blue.
BatCat11 Wrote:How many seniors do you all have OTH

I think this is right.

7 Seniors and 6 Juniors.

and 6 of those 13 were out or injured during the game last night. So SC saw quite few SOPHs and FROSHs last night, and they let coach know that they could step up if needed.
If SCcontinues to play the way they did against P' ville they won't get past the second round as East Carter from what I understand is not very good. Kelly also had over 200 yards before leaving in the 3rd and Slone added 147 so the ground game was the key as they failed to gain a yard in the passing game. Congrats Cards but now with the playoffs here, the intestity level had better pick up.:Thumbs:
Jed Clampett Wrote:If SCcontinues to play the way they did against P' ville they won't get past the second round as East Carter from what I understand is not very good. Kelly also had over 200 yards before leaving in the 3rd and Slone added 147 so the ground game was the key as they failed to gain a yard in the passing game. Congrats Cards but now with the playoffs here, the intestity level had better pick up.:Thumbs:
I don't think they will get past Mason County anyway.
Corey Adams, Patrick Butcher, Jake Cyrus, Tyler Deaton, Brandon Hensley, Cody Reynolds, Andy Penix, Bill Slone, and Berry Ward are the Seniors for PHS. (total of 9 Senior Tigers) The fact we have even that many Seniors after the "flim-flamming" Tiger football has taken since Coach LeMaster was there is a slap-dabbed miracle & a testament that these kids must really love the game and see that Coach Kinner is the real deal with a nice headstart to re-tooling the entire program. These boys really like Coach K and they respect him and know that his word is his bond and he's ALL ABOUT TIGER FOOTBALL! (refreshing @ PHS... and long overdue!)
IISnakE Wrote:Corey Adams, Patrick Butcher, Jake Cyrus, Tyler Deaton, Brandon Hensley, Cody Reynolds, Andy Penix, Bill Slone, and Berry Ward are the Seniors for PHS. (total of 9 Senior Tigers) The fact we have even that many Seniors after the "flim-flamming" Tiger football has taken since Coach LeMaster was there is a slap-dabbed miracle & a testament that these kids must really love the game and see that Coach Kinner is the real deal with a nice headstart to re-tooling the entire program. These boys really like Coach K and they respect him and know that his word is his bond and he's ALL ABOUT TIGER FOOTBALL! (refreshing @ PHS... and long overdue!)

Thank You. I thought I had miscounted. Any word on Bigen'?
this score dont surprise me at all.. most of the cards yards came from the running game of the cards because as much as the cards want to pass it they cant!!!! there line is horrible and they cant get the young qb enough time to throw the ball and the qb is not good enough to scramble and make plays of his own.. i cant belive they gave up 300 yards rushing to paintsville.. i thought that the rush defence was decent for sc but i guess not..... cards have alot to work on this next week of practice.. hopefully hager can get a good gameplan for the next couple weeks because they will need it to make it anywhere in the playoffs....
IISnakE Wrote:Corey Adams, Patrick Butcher, Jake Cyrus, Tyler Deaton, Brandon Hensley, Cody Reynolds, Andy Penix, Bill Slone, and Berry Ward are the Seniors for PHS. (total of 9 Senior Tigers) The fact we have even that many Seniors after the "flim-flamming" Tiger football has taken since Coach LeMaster was there is a slap-dabbed miracle & a testament that these kids must really love the game and see that Coach Kinner is the real deal with a nice headstart to re-tooling the entire program. These boys really like Coach K and they respect him and know that his word is his bond and he's ALL ABOUT TIGER FOOTBALL! (refreshing @ PHS... and long overdue!)

8 Seniors last year/9 this year
5-5 last year/5-5 this year

nuff said
how bad was kelly hurt?? he is by far there best player and if he cant play next week they will be lucky to get past east carter...
I Shall Eat My Own Words ..lol ....
Thought This Would Be A Sc Blowout .....thought The Tigers Wouldn't Be Able To Put Any Numbers On The Board.
Way To Go Tigers ..sorry I Doubted You ...
The Real Guru Wrote:8 Seniors last year/9 this year

nuff said

Lets see... Last year South Floyd 27-14 this year 60-0, Pikeville regular season 20-0(07), post season 55-0 (07) 22-12 (08) if it wasn't for the rain... SC 55-14 (07) this year this was a ball game 28-20 at the end of the third with some very questionable calls keeping alive some SC drives. This year Nehemiah Doder has 1104 yards during the regular season averaging around 10 yards a carry last year he had 615 and was the leading rusher on the team, offensive production is way up last year around 2600 yards total including the 2 playoff games 12 games, this year 3300 yards during the regular season 10 games. Oh yeah no helmets thrown off the field, happened 3 times last year and Paintsville hasn't had a player ejected from a game all season. Oh yeah, we had less than 20 players on the team at this point last year and we have 31 on the roster this season at this point. Seems to me like a lot of things have changed even though the record is the same.

nuff said

You know what... you can pack a lunch and kiss my rowdy ***. You have no idea what has been allowed to be foisted upon our boys in the past few years in football @ Paintsville. If you want to be crappie about it, go ahead, but until you've been put on the back burner like football has been @ PHS, you can not possibly converse on the subject and be credible. All arrows pointed to basketball for years. One administrator after another was run thru our halls while one program and one person ruled the roost and everything else. You just keep posting your "nuff sed horse crap"... and Kinner will continue to bring in the athletes and build his Class A program. Go Big Blue!

nuff said
Yes, nearly Identical results. But coming into this year, a lot said Paintsville would only win 3-4 games this year after losing a lot of linemen and nearly all skill positions to graduation. This bunch has stepped up with the help of their new leader.
Brandon Hensley, aka Biggen, was taken to HRMC during the 3rd quarter he was more torn up about not being able to play and he thought he was letting his team down. Before the ambulance got there his pupils were large and he passed out 2 or 3 times. Scared this tiger Mom to death. After Throwing up in the HRMC ER (which sared the Doc) they transfered him to the Cabell Hunting traumath er. He stayed there until about 5 this morning. The doc there told him he just got"his clock cleaned" so thank God!
Hes on his way to my house as I type. God does answer prayers!!

We love you Biggin!!!!:letsparty
PHS Watergirl Wrote:Brandon Hensley, aka Biggen, was taken to HRMC during the 3rd quarter he was more torn up about not being able to play and he thought he was letting his team down. Before the ambulance got there his pupils were large and he passed out 2 or 3 times. Scared this tiger Mom to death. After Throwing up in the HRMC ER (which sared the Doc) they transfered him to the Cabell Hunting traumath er. He stayed there until about 5 this morning. The doc there told him he just got"his clock cleaned" so thank God!
Hes on his way to my house as I type. God does answer prayers!!

We love you Biggin!!!!:letsparty

That is GREAT to hear! Thanks for the update WG!
tigerfan13 Wrote:Lets see... Last year South Floyd 27-14 this year 60-0, Pikeville regular season 20-0(07), post season 55-0 (07) 22-12 (08) if it wasn't for the rain... SC 55-14 (07) this year this was a ball game 28-20 at the end of the third with some very questionable calls keeping alive some SC drives. This year Nehemiah Doder has 1104 yards during the regular season averaging around 10 yards a carry last year he had 615 and was the leading rusher on the team, offensive production is way up last year around 2600 yards total including the 2 playoff games 12 games, this year 3300 yards during the regular season 10 games. Oh yeah no helmets thrown off the field, happened 3 times last year and Paintsville hasn't had a player ejected from a game all season. Oh yeah, we had less than 20 players on the team at this point last year and we have 31 on the roster this season at this point. Seems to me like a lot of things have changed even though the record is the same.

If you are such a tigerfan, you should know that it is Doderer, not Doder. I'm happy for Nehemiah, he is one of the best, if not the best player on this team.

Man, if the O is that good I guess he should have left Daniels as OC!

So with the 6? starters out last night you dressed 31? Or did you dress 25? Last year there was a run of injuries at the end, kind of like this year, which limited the #'s.

BTW-I'm glad that you are keeping up with the helmet thowing stats!!!
Great job!:praise:
The Guru Wrote:Yes, nearly Identical results. But coming into this year, a lot said Paintsville would only win 3-4 games this year after losing a lot of linemen and nearly all skill positions to graduation. This bunch has stepped up with the help of their new leader.

Really, and I'd heard that the Super and the Head Coach were predicted 7 in the regular season.........................................:confused:
The Real Guru Wrote:Really, and I'd heard that the Super and the Head Coach were predicting 7 in the regular season.........................................:confused:

oops, should have spell checked!
Pages: 1 2 3