Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian 49 - Hazard 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
LCA dominated this game in the second half and lead to a big blow out win.
Ouch, Keeps you heads up DAWGS !!! Playoff time now !!! GO DAWGS!!!
This loss means nothing. I think it will be Hazards motivation to push them over the top in the playoffs. Hazard has played in wet conditions three times but has only won 2 of them. LCA was superior tonight but maybe things will be different like they where last year. Hazard wins in the regular season and then maybe gets a win in the playoffs.
Did Hazard even come out of the locker room after halftime?!!
Expected the outcome, but not the margin! I guess Hazard is really down compared with the rest of the state! Good luck in the playoffs anyway!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Expected the outcome, but not the margin! I guess Hazard is really down compared with the rest of the state! Good luck in the playoffs anyway!

This was a very poor performance of hazard. But like i said this game means nothing. This lose can be hazards motivation to push and work harder at that shot at Louisville.
Very surprising score, figured LCA would have won, but not by this margin.

Congrats LCA!
Hazard has been overrated all year. This was not a suprising score to some.
Saw this coming.
I called this one right, didn't fair so well on the Belfry/J.C. prediction though.
Raceland and L.C.A. will play again in the playoffs. Raceland controls their destiny.
FBALL Wrote:Hazard has been overrated all year. This was not a suprising score to some.

Hazard is a pretty good class A football team. They are not a POWER HOUSE!
I still predict a Raceland/Beechwood class A final.
I watched LCA play Campbellsville and NO WAY I would have guessed their defense would have help Hazard to 7 points
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I watched LCA play Campbellsville and NO WAY I would have guessed their defense would have help Hazard to 7 points

Poor field conditions played a big part tonight for hazard because they are not use to playing on real grass now because of having turf. But LCA's defense was every where tonight and if that defense stays that good through the playoffs then no team will beat them.
bac2369 Wrote:Poor field conditions played a big part tonight for hazard because they are not use to playing on real grass now because of having turf. But LCA's defense was every where tonight and if that defense stays that good through the playoffs then no team will beat them.
The turf was not ready until a couple weeks ago was it? Turf, grass...there is no excuse for laying down like Hazard did and it looks like they do not have the "heart" needed to be a champion.
No excuses here!! I think 3 interceptions, bad snap on a punt and a great gameplan from Coach Rains really did Hazard in!! A bad game is a bad game, but how can you question Hazard's heart!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The turf was not ready until a couple weeks ago was it? Turf, grass...there is no excuse for laying down like Hazard did and it looks like they do not have the "heart" needed to be a champion.

I agree 110%. This team has really got to get it together if they want that trip to Louisville. Last years team wanted it. This years team says they want it but are not showing it real well. Even though hazard has lost 3 games it really doesnt mean anything because these games where loss to great teams. There Schedule was fairly easy last season and this years schedule was brutal for them. Hopefully as a hazard fan they can get it together and be motivated for the playoffs. If hazard plays like they did against Green with exection of the mistakes then i dont think they can be beat. The offense struggled tonight and I am certainly glad it was tonight and not later in the playoffs. It helps that the bulldogs are almost healthy for the right time of the season. Even though next week i see hazard playing there JV team against Betsy Lane to rest the starters to make sure no injuries occur during the game and get ready for the next game against either Paintsville or Pineville.
By the way, Hazard played their first game on the turf September 19th against Harlan!! Thats just under two months ago, not two weeks!! Good talk though!!!
Hazard is still a dangerous team because of their speed and they do have some good atheletes.
Congrats to Coach Raines and all the LCA players!!! Great game! :letsparty
F.N.L. Wrote:Hazard is still a dangerous team because of their speed and they do have some good atheletes.

I agree. Hazard has two great runningbacks on there team and I believe they should utilize it more. IF you hazard I think if you line up 4 wide recievers you should put campbell and adams to one side and then kidd and combs/ zach blanton to the side and then use austin blanton and mikael campbell in the backfield to block or run the ball. I think running back out spreading the field would pay off big for hazard.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:By the way, Hazard played their first game on the turf September 19th against Harlan!! Thats just under two months ago, not two weeks!! Good talk though!!!
The point was making is that they have not played on turf for years and have not played on turf every week. They have not forgotten what grass feels like... the field surface should not be used as an excuse. Hazard is dangerous because they can score a lot a points, but it looks like they quit in this game and "Champions" do not "quit" even when things are not going the way they would like.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The point was making is that they have not played on turf for years and have not played on turf every week. They have not forgotten what grass feels like... the field surface should not be used as an excuse. Hazard is dangerous because they can score a lot a points, but it looks like they quit in this game and "Champions" do not "quit" even when things are not going the way they would like.

I agree champions do not quit and they did. This happen last year at the LCA and Hazard game in the regular season. Even though the game was not a big blow out like this one was but LCA quit after hazard score and got up three touchdowns. LCA has some great kids on there team and i talked to the quarterback and more hazard tight end at the hazard and lynn camp game they where real nice and i asked them about what they thought about that raceland loss. They told me Raceland wasnt that good and they would pay them back in the playoffs if they got to play each other.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:By the way, Hazard played their first game on the turf September 19th against Harlan!! Thats just under two months ago, not two weeks!! Good talk though!!!

Lex Cath got Turf. There Baseball field is turf 2.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:No excuses here!! I think 3 interceptions, bad snap on a punt and a great gameplan from Coach Rains really did Hazard in!! A bad game is a bad game, but how can you question Hazard's heart!!

They need a better QB. Tyler isn't that good of a QB. I say that last year. The def. save him a few games last year. This year the def isn;t that good, so they can't save him this year.
cj2561 Wrote:They need a better QB. Tyler isn't that good of a QB. I say that last year. The def. save him a few games last year. This year the def isn;t that good, so they can't save him this year.

From watching the game last night Tyler needs to look at ALL his recievers not just Kidd. There are more players on the team than him. He done this last year in the playoffs. He locked on one guy the second half last year during the playoffs and LCA made him pay for it.
cj2561 Wrote:They need a better QB. Tyler isn't that good of a QB. I say that last year. The def. save him a few games last year. This year the def isn;t that good, so they can't save him this year.

This is a silly quote. Of course he is a good QB. And if you SAID that last year, you were sily then too. Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts.
brain cramp Wrote:This is a silly quote. Of course he is a good QB. And if you SAID that last year, you were sily then too. Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts.

Hazard got lucky last year making it to the 4th round. There def won the game for them the first 2 rounds last year. Tyler can't do what a QB need to do. That is put the team on his back. When he try, he turn the ball over. The QB is the leader on the field.
cj2561 Wrote:Hazard got lucky last year making it to the 4th round. There def won the game for them the first 2 rounds last year. Tyler can't do what a QB need to do. That is put the team on his back. When he try, he turn the ball over. The QB is the leader on the field.

Who does Hazard have that would be better? It just seems to me that I remember last year that he threw like 20 TD's before throwing his first INT.
brain cramp Wrote:Who does Hazard have that would be better? It just seems to me that I remember last year that he threw like 20 TD's before throwing his first INT.

No one. They wont have no one next year either. But ever one get lucky. This year they play better teams. Last year they didn't really play anyone good. The first game of the season. They play LCC, But LCC was over looking Hazard. That was LCC wake-up call. Last night should be Hazard Wake-up call. If not. They will get beat my Paintsville in the 2 round, or Pikeville in the 3 round.
FBALL Wrote:Hazard has been overrated all year. This was not a suprising score to some.
Yepp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4