Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg Vs. Scott Co. in Gateway Classic at Montgomery County??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow whats Coach Pack thinking. It will give Burchett a chance to be seen by some scouts however. They play in the Gateway Classic at Montgomery County. This tournament features some of the states top teams in Scott Co., Anderson Co., as well as a team in missouri rated among the tops in their state as well as Prestonsburg, Rowan, Highlands,Madison Central, Montgomery Co. But anyway heres the schedule....I just got a copy emailed to me a few days ago.

Highlands
v/s
Madison Central

Scott Co.
v/s
Prestonsburg

Montgomery Co.
v/s
Rowan Co

Anderson Co.
v/s
Francis Howell (MO)

Note: Double elimanation tourny......traditional winners/losers bracket.
Jack Pack is building a program were they will one day be competitive enough to play with teams such Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Jeffersontown, Male, Eastern, Holmes, etc.
I thought it was great and personally this experience will not hurt those kids. Anytime a 15th region squad can play the #14 rated team in the nation its always fun!
Prestonsburg has no chance but I agree a great and fun experince for the kids.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Jack Pack is building a program were they will one day be competitive enough to play with teams such Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Jeffersontown, Male, Eastern, Holmes, etc.

Well idk if it is showing very much so far...
dore20 Wrote:Well idk if it is showing very much so far...

:confused:

He has yet to coach a game.
When is this tournament? Prestonsburg may still be in football depending on how far they make it.
blackcat Wrote:When is this tournament? Prestonsburg may still be in football depending on how far they make it.

Its scheduled to start on December 27.
Interesting. I remember back when Pack used to coach the Blackcats and he would regularly schedule teams of this magnitude. I think its great for our team to get out and play teams around the state. It will get them more prepared for 15th region teams.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Jack Pack is building a program were they will one day be competitive enough to play with teams such Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Jeffersontown, Male, Eastern, Holmes, etc.

There is no time in the near future that Prestonsburg will be able to be "competitive" with those schools on a regular basis. Actually, I don't think there will even be individual seasons where they will be competitive with those schools...
The King Wrote:There is no time in the near future that Prestonsburg will be able to be "competitive" with those schools on a regular basis. Actually, I don't think there will even be individual seasons where they will be competitive with those schools...

You may be right, but playing teams such as the ones I mentioned year in and year out will make Prestonsburg a serious contender within the region.
SC names the score
When was the last time, prestonsburg won region?
You will only be as good as the talent you play against. this will only make them better.
MVP2 Wrote:When was the last time, prestonsburg won region?
1989 baby! TongueirateSho Smile